The Final Battle (Pt. II) - The Best of the Worst a/k/a The Narpsberg Recovery Thread

Lorraine

42 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best of the worst Rush songs?

• Rivendell
    • I Think I'm Going Bald
    • Tears
    • Madrigal
    • Circumstances
    • Different Strings
    • Vital Signs
    • Countdown
    • Red Lenses
    • Emotion Detector
    • Superconductor
    • Face Up
    • Speed of Love
    • Dog Years
    • Out Of The Cradle
    • Bravest Face/Good News First
    • BU2B2

SOOOOO...................CA sucks?

lol

Mick

I have heard word of such things yes... Overproduction, vocal issues on the DVD etc etc... :huh:

I think nick fa-la-la-la-la is deaf. And i blame Rush for NOT LISTENING BACK TO THEIR DAMN PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!

whew......sorry......saw red there, lol

Mick

I think there is more specifically wrong with it than that if i am not mistaken. And that damn DVD...

lol

Kenneth

It's almost as hard to listen to as Vapor Trails. It has a couple of songs that are pretty decent but the rest of it is just ...ugh.

CA is actually growing on me. Still have to hunt and peck for gems unlike their earlier albums but there is some gold in them thar hills.

I like four of the songs off the album, but I still think they're overproduced as well. I just can't imagine what they were thinking when they made this album so dense and compressed.

Truth. The song writing is good but...

God I miss Broonsy. :(

I think a lot of us do. :(

• Like 3

I swear there is no check on these products before they're sent out......because they know Diehards will suck on the milk of paradise from rush's bosom.

like me thinking maybe this'll be better.

STUPID

Mick

Well obviously considering how badly the DVD of CA was edited. The sound was horrid as well. It makes you wonder if they just hand these things off to other people and hope they'll do it right or they actually have a hand in any of it. If they actually have a hand in any of it it's pretty shameful. If not, they should be beaten about the ears with a wet noodle for allowing their product to be released that way.

I really don't think they do keep an eye on things, but who knows?

I don't go out of my way to say negative things about Clockwork Angels...the production values have been thoroughly chastised around here, and I don't disagree. But I still love the album.

The DVD? Dunno, I'd have to watch it again. I do remember all the quick cuts, the video editing. But not the sound.

I swear there is no check on these products before they're sent out......because they know Diehards will suck on the milk of paradise from rush's bosom.

STUPID

Mick

Well obviously considering how badly the DVD of CA was edited. The sound was horrid as well. It makes you wonder if they just hand these things off to other people and hope they'll do it right or they actually have a hand in any of it. If they actually have a hand in any of it it's pretty shameful. If not, they should be beaten about the ears with a wet noodle for allowing their product to be released that way.

I don't go out of my way to say negative things about Clockwork Angels...the production values have been thoroughly chastised around here, and I don't disagree. But I still love the album.

The DVD? Dunno, I'd have to watch it again. I do remember all the quick cuts, the video editing. But not the sound.

This particular thread you are safe to say anything negative because you are entertaining me. All members who can't take any negativity cannot access this thread. They have all been locked out... :dweez:
  • Like 1

STUPID

Mick

And the youngsters wonder why we dig so deep and so far back to find true greatness... :codger:

That's what get's me about die hards........but drooling over everything they are saying yes........we accept mediocrity.

that's how your loud New yorker friend sees it, lol,

Mick

Everyone repeat after me:

Rush can do no wrong.

Rush can do no wrong.

Rush can do not wrong.

Rush can do no wrong.

Rush can do no wrong.

Keep going....... :eyeroll:

• Like 2

STUPID

Mick

This particular thread you are safe to say anything negative because you are entertaining me. All members who can't take any negativity cannot access this thread. They have all been locked out... :dweez:

they have to go through me. I just fought i migraine so they will be no match, lol

Mick

I haven't Watche the DVD in full since release day.....i just can't

Mick

I watched it once (Dramamine required)...
  • Like 1

STUPID

Mick

And the youngsters wonder why we dig so deep and so far back to find true greatness... :codger:

That's what get's me about die hards........but drooling over everything they are saying yes........we accept mediocrity.

Mick

Rush can do no wrong.

Rush can do no wrong.

Rush can do not wrong.

Rush can do no wrong.

Rush can do no wrong.

Zumbi can pick that right up, lol

Mick

STUPID

Mick

Mick

Rush can do no wrong.

Rush can do no wrong.

Rush can do not wrong.

Rush can do no wrong.

Rush can do no wrong.

All noise and no balance makes Alex a dull boy.

All yodel and no wail makes Geddy a dull boy.

All pounding and no cowbell makes Neil a dull boy.

Et cetera, et cetera...

STUPID

Mick

Mick

Rush can do no wrong.

Rush can do no wrong.

Rush can do not wrong.

Rush can do no wrong.

Rush can do no wrong.

Mick

D'oh!! :facepalm:

Edited by Blue J

STUPID

Mick

Mick

Rush can do no wrong.

Rush can do no wrong.

Rush can do not wrong.

Rush can do no wrong.

Rush can do no wrong.

Mick

D'oh!! :facepalm:

Feedback...

Even my husband yesterday, who cares nothing for Rush, was wondering how they were going to get through this upcoming tour. He said to me that the first week might be fine for them, but after that.......

It's why i think we will hear all the 70's stuff in itstrumental/medley form I don't know why fans are over-reaching for 70's stuff......OUT OF GED'S RANGE. IT would sound horrid I still say you'll get a lot of 80's/90's stuff....again.

Mick

• Like 1

Am I the only tin-ear fool here that loves BU2B2?

I only recall it being some ambient sound, rather than a proper song. Am I wrong about that?

I only recall it being some ambient sound, rather than a proper song. Am I wrong about that?

It kind of strikes me as being a bit "country music" sounding. That's how I always heard it.

It kind of strikes me as being a bit "country music" sounding. That's how I always heard it.

Are we talking about the same one? I'm talking about the next to the last song (I think) on the album.

Are we talking about the same one? I'm talking about the next to the last song (I think) on the album.

Oh no, you're right. I was thinking of the intro to BU2B.

Oh no, you're right. I was thinking of the intro to BU2B.

I really like that acoustic strumming at the start of that song. It is a bit lazy, like a country and western rhythm.

• Like 1

The next to last song is Wish Them Well. BU2B2 is like a two-minute interlude kind of thing.

i never listen to Wish Them Well - I go from BU2B2 to The Garden.

It is a two minute interlude song, but I personally think the song had great potential that Rush wasted.

Only my opinion. I know that the song is not well liked. That's why it's on the "worst" list. :LOL:

Even my husband yesterday, who cares nothing for Rush, was wondering how they were going to get through this upcoming tour. He said to me that the first week might be fine for them, but after that.......

It's why i think we will hear all the 70's stuff in itstrumental/medley form I don't know why fans are over-reaching for 70's stuff......OUT OF GED'S RANGE. IT would sound horrid I still say you'll get a lot of 80's/90's stuff....again.

Mick

Circumstances sounded great live, as it was the best received tune in 50 of our SnA sets.

Please have the courtesy to take a listen before blasting us.

Thanks,

Geddy

Mick

Circumstances sounded great live, as it was the best received tune in 50 of our SnA sets.

Thanks,

Geddy

Hey, how did Ged get in here?... :codger:

Mick

Thanks,

Geddy

Dear Geddy,

Don't take that tone with Mick. He is one of your fans.

Thank you.

Lorraine

P.S. By the way, don't you think your time would be better employed if you were practicing your songs instead of hanging out on The Rush Forum?

:LOL: :lol: :LOL:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2