What You're Doing

Bytor and the Snow-Dog

It's one of their least worst tracks off their worst studio album if that answers your question.

So you think just because you're a fellow Ambassador that you get some kind of Diplomatic Immunity, like the baddie in Lethal Weapon 2?

Well, you're in my jurisdiction now, Mr. City...step away from the Debut with your arms above your head

I do my best to defend her at all times when the youngsters and haters crawl out from under their rocks and you are not around. I gotta hand it to you though, you do it much better than I.... :madra: :rush:

:nya nya: <---------------------- For the youngsters and haters

• Like 1

It's one of their least worst tracks off their worst studio album if that answers your question.

So you think just because you're a fellow Ambassador that you get some kind of Diplomatic Immunity, like the baddie in Lethal Weapon 2?

Well, you're in my jurisdiction now, Mr. City...step away from the Debut with your arms above your head

I do my best to defend her at all times when the youngsters and haters crawl out from under their rocks and you are not around. I gotta hand it to you though, you do it much better than I.... :madra: :rush:

:nya nya: <---------------------- For the youngsters and haters

:madra:

Bytor you are correct as is LABT. The haters and young folk are just gonna hate. No way around it... :)

Remember this the next time we talk about Vapor Trails ;)

Bytor you are correct as is LABT. The haters and young folk are just gonna hate. No way around it... :)

Remember this the next time we talk about Vapor Trails ;)

Will do. I always just hope you don't see my posts regarding this matter... ;)

One of my favorite rush songs, has one of my favorite rush riffs ever. Why doesn't it ever get mentioned ? I think it's the best song on the debut.

The ATWAS version is one of only 2 Rush songs on my playlist. Geddy sings it with such attitude.

• Like 2

Are all the young members here against early Rush? What You're Doing is great.

Edited by Union 5-3992

From what I have observed they seem to be. There are always outliers in everything but in general it seems to be the case. Just my own observation...

"Young" has to be specifically defined, though. I think of 30 as young, and in that case, they are definitely not all against early Rush.

From what I have observed they seem to be. There are always outliers in everything but in general it seems to be the case. Just my own observation...

Maybe I was exposed too much to Led Zeppelin when i was younger and whatnot and that's what turned me onto Rush so despite liking their middle career, I have a soft spot for the early stuff rather than an aversion to it

• Like 1

"Young" has to be specifically defined, though. I think of 30 as young, and in that case, they are definitely not all against early Rush.

"All" is certainly not possible obviously. In general I would say 30 would be a good number. Born in 85' ish. They don't seem in general to care for the earliest Rush. Just about everyone seems to jump on board at 2112. I would like to hope so anyway...

Maybe I was exposed too much to Led Zeppelin when i was younger and whatnot and that's what turned me onto Rush so despite liking their middle career, I have a soft spot for the early stuff rather than an aversion to it

Don't think "too much" Led is possible.... :)
  • Like 1

I'm only 20 btw

Holy crap!

:ebert: for being into all the music you're into.

Thank a buddy of mine for that. I was big into hip hop (top 20 hits and the like) back in the early 2000's until he turned me around. But I think there's a good number of people younger than me here.

I'm only 20 btw

Holy crap!

:ebert: for being into all the music you're into.

Thank a buddy of mine for that. I was big into hip hop (top 20 hits and the like) back in the early 2000's until he turned me around. But I think there's a good number of people younger than me here.

Yeah, there are. You all deserve to be recognized for knowing and digging some good music.

I have my stepfather to thank for turning me on to a lot of things- and an older stepbrother for turning me on to Rush, when I was very young.

Great song, probably my second favorite on the debut after Here Again.

Here Again is probably one of my favorites from that album...the live versions I've heard are VERY cool!

Yep- great early stuff.

I will say the ATWAS version has a nice groove.

They rereleased a live version on CP? That would make it that album's best track!

What you're doing is a nice little Zeppelinesque rocker, but it isn't as good as Working Man, Finding My Way, Before and After and Here Again.
  • Like 1

What you're doing is a nice little Zeppelinesque rocker, but it isn't as good as Working Man, Finding My Way, Before and After and Here Again.

Excellent!! I would put it 5th as well with the others you have pointed out ahead of it. You have pretty good taste and evaluation skills despite what I have heard... :D
  • Like 1

Excellent!! I would put it 5th as well with the others you have pointed out ahead of it. You have pretty good taste and evaluation skills despite what I have heard... :D

Which would be the 5th? In the Mood?