Jacob's Ladder

Lorraine

I know a lot of people wanna see this live, not me. It's slow and plodding and I think would be a big life drain on a live show

I agree. I love the song, but don't think every song is great for a live experience. Tears...Twilight Zone...Losing It. Leave those for private headphone listening, and keep the concert time dedicated to jams.

Like The Pass?

I think so. And I love it...live even...but it brings the show down for the crowd at large.

You can put acoustic Resist in there as well. :yawn:

I know a lot of people wanna see this live, not me. It's slow and plodding and I think would be a big life drain on a live show

I don't know. I suspect the crowd would go bugfuck.

Diehards would, but the bulk of the audience would be :eh:

That's the problem with bulk.

• Like 1

I don´t see the big thing with this song... to me Natural Science is ten times better.

This coming from the guy who wants Rush to play every shitty song they ever did on the next next.

This isn't a "Jacobs Ladder vs. Natural Science" thread, Numbi. This is a thread about Jacob's Ladder. Normally you don't have any problems praising and Rush song. Are you just choosing to be a dink here?

Fuuck you, ok? I don´t want Rush to play every song they have made. Just please leave this forum, it would be a lot better place whitout you....

"Leave the forum?" "It would be a better place without you?"

Grow some thicker skin. Seriously.

Yes, Sheldon gives you a hard time around here, that much is obvious (even if you make it easy). But personal attacks don't make you any better.

But I suppose you don't care when you think 90% of the f***ing forum is "a jerk".

Maybe he thinks I am 90% of the forum?

Thank god you aren't. I don't think anybody could deal with that ludicrous amount of goat gifs :LOL:

You know what's coming now!!!

Bring it, goatlover.

• Like 1

I agree. I love the song, but don't think every song is great for a live experience. Tears...Twilight Zone...Losing It. Leave those for private headphone listening, and keep the concert time dedicated to jams.

Like The Pass?

I think so. And I love it...live even...but it brings the show down for the crowd at large.

Okay, I really enjoy the acoustic version of Resist.

But only after the drum solo. It's perfect there. Anywhere else and I would agree with you.

I don't know. I suspect the crowd would go bugfuck.

Diehards would, but the bulk of the audience would be :eh:

first 5 or 6 rows would go wild, everyone else would go piss or get beer. but that can be said about all songs except tom sawyer, limelight and TSOR, so I say they should play it anyway.

The tone that drips off Lifeson's guitar solo is thick as honey. This, Limelight, and La Villa are his best solo guitar tones for me. Everything about this song is perfect. Part of me wants to hear it live and part of me wants it preserved in the early 80's.

The song is alllll about tone and mood. Alex's guitar, and Neil's use of brass are exquisite.
  • Like 1

Like The Pass?

Acoustic Resist isn't a highlight of the concert, for sure, but it does foreshadow quite a lot of them.

Great song. I love the dark nature in the beginning. Very powerful riffs there. And the keyboard break is so light and atmospheric. This song to me is like a cross between The Trees and La Villa Strangiato. Love it!
  • Like 3

I don´t see the big thing with this song... to me Natural Science is ten times better.

This coming from the guy who wants Rush to play every shitty song they ever did on the next next.

This isn't a "Jacobs Ladder vs. Natural Science" thread, Numbi. This is a thread about Jacob's Ladder. Normally you don't have any problems praising and Rush song. Are you just choosing to be a dink here?

Fuuck you, ok? I don´t want Rush to play every song they have made. Just please leave this forum, it would be a lot better place whitout you....

Zumbi, Sheldon was a tad rough on you there, but your response was worse.

• Like 2

who reported who?

Yes can we all please take a moment and reflect how fortunate we all are that Rush was great enough to give us Jacob's Ladder on the brilliant first album of the 80's Permanent Waves!
  • Like 2

Yes can we all please take a moment and reflect how fortunate we all are that Rush was great enough to give us Jacob's Ladder on the brilliant first album of the 80's Permanent Waves!

Are you talking about the Jacob's Ladder that was written and recorded in the 70s? If so, I agree.

• Like 2

I'm just very happy they had an obvious 70s mentality when they wrote and recorded it.

Are you talking about the Jacob's Ladder that was written and recorded in the 70s? If so, I agree.

Yes my brother...see the brilliance of Permanent Waves a timeless album born of the 70's yet a child of 80's. Excuse me friend I must now go burn a candle at the alter of Permanent Waves, I do this of my own free will.

who reported who?

A third party reported it.