2015 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

Not MLB, but NCAA baseball.

Louisville wins with a walk-off steal of home:

http://www.cardchronicle.com/2015/4/18/8451057/louisville-beats-wake-forest-on-walk-off-steal-of-home

The same thing happened earlier this year when Arizona did it:

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2015/02/21/109995628/arizona-defeats-rice-with-walk-off-steal-of-home

(^^^much better footage)

Ready for some more fun today, as I've got nothing to do. Bought some hot wings from a British supermarket yesterday so let's see how badly they f***ed it up while I watch baseball.
  • Like 1

Oakland/KC rubber game today.

Let's see if they can get through one game without sliding into second with spikes up or throwing fastballs into each other's ribs.

Yeah,

This series has been a little testy.

Ready for some more fun today, as I've got nothing to do. Bought some hot wings from a British supermarket yesterday so let's see how badly they f***ed it up while I watch baseball.

Update.

The British have no idea what buffalo wings are. These are barbeque wings with a bit of tabasco. That being said, they taste alright.

• Like 2

Let's see if they can get through one game without sliding into second with spikes up or throwing fastballs into each other's ribs.

Yeah,

More drama at today's game. These teams genuinely do not like each other.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/119233016/tempers-flare-again-between-as-royals

Edited by LaFellaStrangiato
  • Like 2

Update.

The British have no idea what buffalo wings are. These are barbeque wings with a bit of tabasco. That being said, they taste alright.

I'm surprised the NFL hasn't sent the Bills over there for a game.

One time during a trip to England, one of the student union buildings advertized they were serving tacos for lunch. I was super excited to think that maybe I could have some form of pseudo American food in the land where food was forgotten..... alas.... British tacos are apparently.... I kid you not.... flattened pieces of white bread smothered with some sort of grey meat stew.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime
  • Like 2

One time during a trip to England, one of the student union buildings advertized they were serving tacos for lunch. I was super excited to think that maybe I could have some form of pseudo American food in the land where food was forgotten..... alas.... British tacos are apparently.... I kid you not.... flattened pieces of white bread smothered with some sort of grey meat stew.

That's too funny...

Just gonna point this out.... my beloved Birds have started the season 8-3 against the NL Central (no games against Pitt yet, though). This includes a 1-1 split against Chicago thanks to a (sort of) rain out, a 2-1 series win over the Brewers, a 2-1 series win over the Reds, and now a 3-0 sweep of the Reds.

Yes, it's very early, but...... okay..... never mind..... 5-1 against the Reds.

Woo-hoo we can still kick puppies!

Here's to a tight NL Central race.... Cubbies, Brewers, and Pirates... bring it!

Reds... thanks for showing up. We will do it Little League style and give you a participation trophy at All-Star break.

Just gonna point this out.... my beloved Birds have started the season 8-3 against the NL Central (no games against Pitt yet, though). This includes a 1-1 split against Chicago thanks to a (sort of) rain out, a 2-1 series win over the Brewers, a 2-1 series win over the Reds, and now a 3-0 sweep of the Reds.

Here's to a tight NL Central race.... Cubbies, Brewers, and Pirates... bring it!

Reds... thanks for showing up. We will do it Little League style and give you a participation trophy at All-Star break.

I'm afraid we're probably still a year away. And I'm starting to think our free agent signing is a huge bust.

At least we didn't sign Rick Porcello to a huge contract.

I'm afraid we're probably still a year away. And I'm starting to think our free agent signing is a huge bust.

I would agree a year away from legitimate contention, but I I do think .500 is within reach for the Northsiders. The schedule against the division could help. The gap between the talent level in Milwaukee and Pitt is not as large anymore. A winning record against Cincy is likely. They always play the Cardinals moderately well even in bad years, so this year they will hover around a split. That leaves them looking to play .500 against the rest of the league and in interleague. And in the NL this year, .500 could put you in the Wild Card Play-In conversation. I think for the Cubs any meaningful games this September is a win. It's been a long, terrible drought in Wrigleyville, but there are storm clouds on the horizon.

I would agree a year away from legitimate contention, but I I do think .500 is within reach for the Northsiders. The schedule against the division could help. The gap between the talent level in Milwaukee and Pitt is not as large anymore. A winning record against Cincy is likely. They always play the Cardinals moderately well even in bad years, so this year they will hover around a split. That leaves them looking to play .500 against the rest of the league and in interleague. And in the NL this year, .500 could put you in the Wild Card Play-In conversation. I think for the Cubs any meaningful games this September is a win. It's been a long, terrible drought in Wrigleyville, but there are storm clouds on the horizon.

I agree. 75-85 wins is a range they should fall between, probably closer to the high end.

Like I said before if the kids develop I'm not so concerned about the record, though there really SHOULD be SOME correlation there.

Bryant now with a .429 OBP, a .200 avg, and a ribbie.

I should have started him today.

goose, the guy in your old sig isn't you? You're Joe Maddon?! I always liked you. Now I feel like I've been misled.

:-). (iPad smiley emoticon)

Cover's blown.

There's a lot of downtime in baseball. Game time is when I get most of my posts in.

Astros, at 6-6, lead the AL West. :eh:

A's in second at 6-7.

Angels and M's both at 5-7.

:popcorn:

Do *not* discount the Astros, my man. That team will be much improved and will threaten .500

They aren't going to win the AL West, but if I believed in naming a "Royals for 2015", I would name Houston.

I agree. 75-85 wins is a range they should fall between, probably closer to the high end.

Like I said before if the kids develop I'm not so concerned about the record, though there really SHOULD be SOME correlation there.

If Lester and Bryant continue playing the way they have been, I'm going to be really sad.

Right. Because then you'd be the Red Sox. The team that won the World Series 2 seasons ago.

You're paying Jon Lester $155 million between now and 2020. He's 30. He can't throw to first. Was that really that much smarter of signing?

Yeah,

More drama at today's game. These teams genuinely do not like each other.

http://m.mlb.com/new...tween-as-royals

Yeah,

I saw the highlights last night. The next series will be an interesting one. I don't remember any real history of bad blood between the teams. I wonder what set the recent hatred off?

• Like 2