2015 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

Kris Bryant - 7th Inning

Groundout to 3rd

0-4 3K's

Cubs Fans Are Already Heckling Kris Bryant With "YOU SUCK!"

http://screengrabber...u-su-1698544054

^^^Listen to one scream “YOU SUCK!” at Bryant after his third strikeout today. Looped.

:laughing guy:

Edited by goose

Kris Bryant - 7th Inning

Groundout to 3rd

0-4 3K's

^^^Listen to one scream “YOU SUCK!” at Bryant after his third strikeout today. Looped.

Probably a Padre fan.

Oh wait, the Padres have no fans.

• Like 1

Bradley for the 'Stros pitched six amazing innings tonight against the Giants. SF is making a comeback after being down 1-4 most of the game.

ETA: Bottom of 9th, Giants have tied it at 4-4 with 2 outs and runners at 2nd and 3rd.

Goes to extra innings...where the Astros go up 5-4 in the top of the 10th. Giants load the bases in the bottom and tie it 5-5.

Bases still loaded with 2 down... :scared: Can Crawford get it done for the Giants?

You gonna just leave us hanging?

Sorry...went to bed!

Watched this morning and the Giants gave up two in the 12th. The Astros reliever had a pitching cadence that I loved. Quick pitch, almost...certainly by today's snail-paced standards.

That brings me to this. Last night my son had a little league game. In two hours we got through four innings. The opposing team scored 8 runs on no hits. How? By shrinking the strike zone, walking, and stealing bases on a nine-year-old catcher. They even stole home.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-GAT5XlPWIdE/T4IDO6WQkJI/AAAAAAAAA5Q/T-sgFKhOSWs/s1600/joker-clapping.gif

Moneyball!

Bradley for the 'Stros pitched six amazing innings tonight against the Giants. SF is making a comeback after being down 1-4 most of the game.

ETA: Bottom of 9th, Giants have tied it at 4-4 with 2 outs and runners at 2nd and 3rd.

Goes to extra innings...where the Astros go up 5-4 in the top of the 10th. Giants load the bases in the bottom and tie it 5-5.

Bases still loaded with 2 down... :scared: Can Crawford get it done for the Giants?

Sorry...went to bed!

Watched this morning and the Giants gave up two in the 12th. The Astros reliever had a pitching cadence that I loved. Quick pitch, almost...certainly by today's snail-paced standards.

That brings me to this. Last night my son had a little league game. In two hours we got through four innings. The opposing team scored 8 runs on no hits. How? By shrinking the strike zone, walking, and stealing bases on a nine-year-old catcher. They even stole home.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-GAT5XlPWIdE/T4IDO6WQkJI/AAAAAAAAA5Q/T-sgFKhOSWs/s1600/joker-clapping.gif

Moneyball!

Moneyball teams don't steal.

• Like 1

Good thing that Bryant didn't break camp with the team.

Cubs fans could have been booing him almost two weeks ago. :16ton:

What team are you a fan of? Because I need to know so I can pick out their most stupid fan (singular) and say that all of their fans are just as stupid.

Sorry...went to bed!

Moneyball!

Reread the book. It's all about taking advantage of market inefficiencies. Moneyball teams steal when it is advantageous to do so (like against nine year olds.)

The somewhat funny part of it is that the players drafted in the draft that was the focus of most of the initial part of the book was pretty much a failure.

Sorry...went to bed!

Moneyball!

Reread the book. It's all about taking advantage of market inefficiencies. Moneyball teams steal when it is advantageous to do so (like against nine year olds.)

The somewhat funny part of it is that the players drafted in the draft that was the focus of most of the initial part of the book was pretty much a failure.

I thought Moneyball teams' issue with stealing was that on balance it was more likely to give away an out. Like with sacrifice bunting.

Sorry...went to bed!

Moneyball!

I thought Moneyball teams' issue with stealing was that on balance it was more likely to give away an out. Like with sacrifice bunting.

It is, but there's a success rate (context dependent) where it is a benefit. For example, if there's a 100% chance of success it will be beneficial. At 0% it is an obvious detriment. The key is to figure out at what percentage it switches over to having positive expected value and going for it then.

Kris Bryant - 7th Inning

Groundout to 3rd

0-4 3K's

Probably a Padre fan.

Just checked in to see who was on my fantasy baseball team. Guess who my reserve 3rd baseman is.

Kris Bryant - 7th Inning

Groundout to 3rd

0-4 3K's

Probably a Padre fan.

Just checked in to see who was on my fantasy baseball team. Guess who my reserve 3rd baseman is.

Willie Mays?

Bryant with a first inning walk and no boos before or after his at bat.

Sorry to spoil yesterday's compelling narrative.

What team are you a fan of? Because I need to know so I can pick out their most stupid fan (singular) and say that all of their fans are just as stupid.

Lighten up, man. I like the Cubs and I like Bryant. I didn't call anyone stupid. That's your spin, not mine.

• Like 1

Lighten up, man. I like the Cubs and I like Bryant. I didn't call anyone stupid. That's your spin, not mine.

I did, the one fan that probably was trying to be funny was stupid.

Bryant now with a .429 OBP, a .200 avg, and a ribbie.

I should have started him today.

2-3 with 3 walks. Not bad.

Cool. Be sure to let me know which one. ;)

Cool. Be sure to let me know which one. ;)

The one that yelled you suck, obviously.

Got it.

Every fan base has idiots. I've seen some rooting for my teams as well. I'm a Chiefs fan and I face palm every time I see the Tomahawk Chop at Arrowhead.

Uggghhh!!

:cheers: