Steely Dan

Lorraine

And i despise that.......oh well different strokes i guess, lol

Mick

Silly confession: Bon Jovi had a cameo appearance as himself on 30 Rock, and his character was subtly mocked, and it was funny!

After that...dude I just gotta love the man!

• Like 1

And i despise that.......oh well different strokes i guess, lol

Mick

Silly confession: Bon Jovi had a cameo appearance as himself on 30 Rock, and his character was subtly mocked, and it was funny!

After that...dude I just gotta love the man!

I'm impressed. :sarcastic:

Yeah, saw Steely Dan in 2003 in Hershey...great show!

I've been a fan since 1979, I got "stuck" playing Peg in my schools jazz band, because the other drummer...(a d-head upper class man) didn't want to play it, because he didn't know who they were... however, once he DID hear the tune, he tried to steal it from me, but the band director liked how I played it, and wouldn't let him... and that got me to play other stuff that the director wanted to hear how I interpreted. But as a result, I went out and bought the album, and started listening to them pretty regularly.

• Like 2

Let's not further besmirch this thread with talk of Bon Jovi. BJ has two "official" threads. Go peddle your rants on those threads.

:)

Segue started it............;lol. Granted i continued it, lol I hope he makes a Bon jovi thread. then you and i can Bomb it with Dan vids, lol. I'll take the royal scam over Sucky when Bad anyday.

Mick

• Like 2

Let's not further besmirch this thread with talk of Bon Jovi. BJ has two "official" threads. Go peddle your rants on those threads.

Segue started it............;lol. Granted i continued it, lol I hope he makes a Bon jovi thread. then you and i can Bomb it with Dan vids, lol. I'll take the royal scam over Sucky when Bad anyday.

Mick

:LOL: :7up:

• Like 1

BJ...shot down...in a blaze of glory.
  • Like 3

Mick

i thought of that name last night......like it? I'm thinking of downloading the album. and changing the name just so i can have that new title in my library. lol won't listen to it but i'll giggle.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

i thought of that name last night......like it? I'm thinking of downloading the album. and changing the name just so i can have that new title in my library. lol won't listen to it but i'll giggle.

Mick

When I listen to the tune "The Royal Scam",

I think of Louis Armstrong playing with the band. :D

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

love the trumpet on that tune........so classy but sleazy at the same time, lol.

Bon jovi will never have that level of musicianship

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

love the trumpet on that tune........so classy but sleazy at the same time, lol.

Bon jovi will never have that level of musicianship

Mick

You nailed it!,

That raw and nasty sound. :haz:

• Like 1

Bon Jovi are amazing, they have such awesome pop songs, fun rockers, a great discography...for their genre, they are superb.

...Steely Dan play the dullest form of elevator jazzy pop/rock ever.

I tried, enjoyed Aja, nothing else interests me.

Ok ok........you're lost, lol.

We'll just hope for a Segue then, lol.

Mick

I just want to clarify that last post was 100% me trolling...

...its been a quiet day haha

• Like 1

Ok ok........you're lost, lol.

We'll just hope for a Segue then, lol.

Mick

I just want to clarify that last post was 100% me trolling...

...its been a quiet day haha

lol. you shit. Never know with you though, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Bon Jovi are amazing, they have such awesome pop songs, fun rockers, a great discography...for their genre, they are superb.

It's an absolute mystery to me why Bon Jovi is successful and popular. What you see as awesome, I see as generic. What you see as fun, I see as intolerable. What you see as great, I see as derivative and uninspired. Superb? I just don't hear it. I feel listening to too much Bon Jovi is like eating too much candy. You'll eventually rot your ears out.

• Like 2

It's an absolute mystery to me why Bon Jovi is successful and popular. What you see as awesome, I see as generic. What you see as fun, I see as intolerable. What you see as great, I see as derivative and uninspired. Superb? I just don't hear it. I feel listening to too much Bon Jovi is like eating too much candy. You'll eventually rot your ears out.

I agree....but tis the way of music.

There is nothing in my view AMAZING about them. oh they infuriate me to no end by how FAKE they are.

Mick

• Like 1

Erm...

I hated Bon Jovi up until very recently. I was getting so hooked on AOR, I decided to revisit them.

Everything you and Mick are saying is true...

...But I did a Segue...and nothing can cure that.

• Like 1

Erm...

I hated Bon Jovi up until very recently. I was getting so hooked on AOR, I decided to revisit them.

I never intentionally try to convince a fan of music to change his or her mind. If you enjoy it, that's great. I just don't get it. You'll notice my rating system in my signature - it sums up my feelings on Bon Jovi perfectly.

• Like 2

Erm...

I never intentionally try to convince a fan of music to change his or her mind. If you enjoy it, that's great. I just don't get it. You'll notice my rating system in my signature - it sums up my feelings on Bon Jovi perfectly.

Tis all good...I am used to pity haha!

My music taste is beyond random...so yeah...I mock myself all the time.

• Like 1

This has become the Steely Jovi thread, apparently...or...the Bon Dan thread? :eh:

Well, to bring the discussion back to THE DAN...Countdown to Ecstasy is the only one of their classic '70s output that I do not own in some way, shape or form. So tonight, I am going to fix that!

:cool:

My Old School, here I come... :7up:

• Like 1

WHOOOOOOAH WE'RE HALFWAY THERE...WHOOOOOOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!