Steely Dan

Lorraine

Aja is the only one I've owned. Never really heard any of the others.

Damn girl,

Your slacking off! :LOL:

Wasn't really my type of music when I was younger. I was more of a hard rock kinda gal. :D

If you like Steely Dan,

You really need to check out the stuff before Aja.

Anything you suggest?

See my reply to Narpet earlier today, when he asked the same thing, basically. If you just want to go with one, make it The Royal Scam.

When I decide to run one down on vinyl this will be the first one it appears. I could listen to Aja all day but I want to broaden my horizons a bit with this band.... :)

I think I'll just download it from iTunes. :)

If you can download the Amazon music player, you can load the tunes onto it- they're selling it new for $3.99, and you can listen right away, with that player. It will go directly into your iTunes as well, from there.

And then in a few days, you'll have the hard copy arrive through the mail, too. :)

Oh really? I'll check that out. :)

Yeah, I think iTunes is selling it for $7.99, which I'd still good, but I looked on Amazon and found that all of their '70s back catalog was available for no more than $4.99 per album, I believe. And since I have that music player from them and could listen to it right away...it was a no-brainer. I've had Aja and Pretzel Logic on vinyl for ages, but nothing digitally. So I'm going to fix all that. And for cheap!

I wouldn't know how to do iTunes if you held a gun to my head and please please nobody try to explain it to me.... :codger: :D

I am the same way about myriad other things when it comes to technology (converting a .rar file into something I can listen to comes to mind)...and I resisted digital music downloading for years and years...

...but then I caved. :P

• Like 1

Damn girl,

Wasn't really my type of music when I was younger. I was more of a hard rock kinda gal. :D

If you like Steely Dan,

Anything you suggest?

See my reply to Narpet earlier today, when he asked the same thing, basically. If you just want to go with one, make it The Royal Scam.

When I decide to run one down on vinyl this will be the first one it appears. I could listen to Aja all day but I want to broaden my horizons a bit with this band.... :)

If you can download the Amazon music player, you can load the tunes onto it- they're selling it new for $3.99, and you can listen right away, with that player. It will go directly into your iTunes as well, from there.

And then in a few days, you'll have the hard copy arrive through the mail, too. :)

Yeah, I think iTunes is selling it for $7.99, which I'd still good, but I looked on Amazon and found that all of their '70s back catalog was available for no more than $4.99 per album, I believe. And since I have that music player from them and could listen to it right away...it was a no-brainer. I've had Aja and Pretzel Logic on vinyl for ages, but nothing digitally. So I'm going to fix all that. And for cheap!

I wouldn't know how to do iTunes if you held a gun to my head and please please nobody try to explain it to me.... :codger: :D

I am the same way about myriad other things when it comes to technology (converting a .rar file into something I can listen to comes to mind)...and I resisted digital music downloading for years and years...

...but then I caved. :P

It's great for my lazy ass, lol

click......in my library.....done.

Mick

Damn girl,

If you like Steely Dan,

Anything you suggest?

Same here. :LOL:

Its not that important to me. :codger:

I wonder when young segue will get out of AOR land and join us in rejoicing the Dan. Dude's missing out so bad. he doesn't even know, lol

Mick

I posted this video over in the "Toto Thread",

They covered Bodhisattva. He was impressed. :D

• Like 1

I wonder when young segue will get out of AOR land and join us in rejoicing the Dan. Dude's missing out so bad. he doesn't even know, lol

Mick

We'll have to seize him!

i know. I told him to get moving. he says he was happy with his Styx and Trillion and Kansas and.....ugh :rage: :D :LOL:

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

We'll have to seize him!

i know. I told him to get moving. he says he was happy with his Styx and Trillion and Kansas and.....ugh :rage: :D :LOL:

Mick

Can you get him to listen to at least one song?

Mick

We'll have to seize him!

Mick

Can you get him to listen to at least one song?

He did,

I posted it.^^^ :D

• Like 1

Has he ever heard Aja? He strikes me as the type of person who would like that song.

He has. I know he posted about that a few days ago. Said he wasn't terribly keen on the album as a whole a little while back, but was warming up to it a bit more now.

• Like 1

boohiss :boo hiss:

He's swerving and dodging some classic music. lol Silly boy.

It makes me angrier cause ELO is so not my thing, lol.

ah well.

Mick

They have some great tunes!! :D At least he is trying the older stuff. :P

• Like 1

ah well.

Mick

I just do not like Jeff Lynne's voice. it grates, lol. don't ask me why.

Mick

• Like 1

ah well.

Mick

I just do not like Jeff Lynne's voice. it grates, lol. don't ask me why.

Mick

I understand,

Thats why music is what it is. :D

• Like 1

You know how on Amazon you can listen to snippets of songs on albums? Well, I'm so desperate to find the song that I used to love but can't remember that that is what I am doing. And with dial up, it is no easy task. Believe it or not, just to get those ten or fifteen seconds of music takes a long time for each one, and then I only get two or three seconds of the song to listen to at a time. So, I hear two seconds. It stops. It plays another two or three seconds. Stops. Repeat.

However......

Perseverance wins the day once again!!!

I found the song.

It's Pretzel Logic.

Yay for me. :yes:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2