Steely Dan

Lorraine

Aja is the only one I've owned. Never really heard any of the others.

Damn girl,

Your slacking off! :LOL:

Wasn't really my type of music when I was younger. I was more of a hard rock kinda gal. :D

If you like Steely Dan,

You really need to check out the stuff before Aja.

Anything you suggest?

See my reply to Narpet earlier today, when he asked the same thing, basically. If you just want to go with one, make it The Royal Scam.

When I decide to run one down on vinyl this will be the first one it appears. I could listen to Aja all day but I want to broaden my horizons a bit with this band.... :) Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 1

Damn girl,

Wasn't really my type of music when I was younger. I was more of a hard rock kinda gal. :D

If you like Steely Dan,

Anything you suggest?

See my reply to Narpet earlier today, when he asked the same thing, basically. If you just want to go with one, make it The Royal Scam.

When I decide to run one down on vinyl this will be the first one it appears. I could listen to Aja all day but I want to broaden my horizons a bit with this band.... :)

I think I'll just download it from iTunes. :)

• Like 1

Damn girl,

If you like Steely Dan,

Aja they really smoothed out.

Pre-Aja stuff is more raw when you compare it to Aja, lol

Mick

Yep,

The earlier stuff was more raw for sure. :D

• Like 1

Damn girl,

If you like Steely Dan,

Anything you suggest?

When I decide to run one down on vinyl this will be the first one it appears. I could listen to Aja all day but I want to broaden my horizons a bit with this band.... :)

Listen to this,

https://www.youtube....h?v=uAEphHf0P-c

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

Damn girl,

If you like Steely Dan,

Mick

Yep,

Aja is far from my fav for that reason. Great stuff but so slick i nearly dropped the disc on first play, lol

Mick

• Like 2

Damn girl,

If you like Steely Dan,

Mick

Yep,

Aja is far from my fav for that reason. Great stuff but so slick i nearly dropped the disc on first play, lol

Mick

:LOL:

I can still remember my older sister saying,

Listen to this!! :haz: :7up:

• Like 1

Damn girl,

If you like Steely Dan,

Anything you suggest?

If you can download the Amazon music player, you can load the tunes onto it- they're selling it new for $3.99, and you can listen right away, with that player. It will go directly into your iTunes as well, from there.

And then in a few days, you'll have the hard copy arrive through the mail, too. :)

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 2

Damn girl,

If you like Steely Dan,

Anything you suggest?

If you can download the Amazon music player, you can load the tunes onto it- they're selling it new for $3.99, and you can listen right away, with that player. It will go directly into your iTunes as well, from there.

And then in a few days, you'll have the hard copy arrive through the mail, too. :)

Oh really? I'll check that out. :)

Aside from myself, Mick and Troutman, are there any Steely Dan fans here?

Did anyone ever see them in concert?

Yes and yes but only since they started touring again. They are in my all-time top 5 so I see them every chance I can.

Eagle, listen to The Royal Scam.

IMO, their best. Top to bottom. Front to back. Beginning to end or however else you want to put it. Haitian Divorce being the best song on the album.

Edited by Fordgalaxy
  • Like 3

Damn girl,

If you like Steely Dan,

Anything you suggest?

Yeah, I think iTunes is selling it for $7.99, which I'd still good, but I looked on Amazon and found that all of their '70s back catalog was available for no more than $4.99 per album, I believe. And since I have that music player from them and could listen to it right away...it was a no-brainer. I've had Aja and Pretzel Logic on vinyl for ages, but nothing digitally. So I'm going to fix all that. And for cheap!

• Like 1

Yes and yes but only since they started touring again. They are in my all-time top 5 so I see them every chance I can.

IMO, their best. Top to bottom. Front to back. Beginning to end or however else you want to put it. Haitian Divorce being the best song on the album.

Next to Aja, I think it is their best album too. And Haitian Divorce has been going through my head since I got up this morning. But my favorite song off of that album is the title song - The Royal Scam.

Maybe they will do my area on this tour. If so, Steely Dan is the only other band next to Rush that I would go see at this point in my life.

• Like 1

Damn girl,

If you like Steely Dan,

Anything you suggest?

Yeah, I think iTunes is selling it for $7.99, which I'd still good, but I looked on Amazon and found that all of their '70s back catalog was available for no more than $4.99 per album, I believe. And since I have that music player from them and could listen to it right away...it was a no-brainer. I've had Aja and Pretzel Logic on vinyl for ages, but nothing digitally. So I'm going to fix all that. And for cheap!

I wouldn't know how to do iTunes if you held a gun to my head and please please nobody try to explain it to me.... :codger: :D
  • Like 2

Next to Aja, I think it is their best album too. And Haitian Divorce has been going through my head since I got up this morning. But my favorite song off of that album is the title song - The Royal Scam.

Maybe they will do my area on this tour. If so, Steely Dan is the only other band next to Rush that I would go see at this point in my life.

:cheers: ....
  • Like 1