Steely Dan

Lorraine

You know how on Amazon you can listen to snippets of songs on albums? Well, I'm so desperate to find the song that I used to love but can't remember that that is what I am doing. And with dial up, it is no easy task. Believe it or not, just to get those ten or fifteen seconds of music takes a long time for each one, and then I only get two or three seconds at a time.

However......

Perseverance wins the day once again!!!

I found the song.

It's Pretzel Logic.

Yay for me. :yes:

:dweez: :7up: :D

• Like 2

This is funny. I found this review on the Amazon Pretzel Logic page. You'll love this part of it:

...it is short...short songs, short running time. If you are thinking that means your getting shortchanged, think again. One tight catchy songs after another, the album ends with you wanting more, which is exactly how it should be. Too many albums of the CD age go on so long you want to quit listening before the album wants to quit playing. Not so here. Eleven songs, 34 minutes and you're done, and actually ready to hear it again

We won't mention any album names that fit the bill. :ph34r:

This is funny. I found this review on the Amazon Pretzel Logic page. You'll love this part of it:

...it is short...short songs, short running time. If you are thinking that means your getting shortchanged, think again. One tight catchy songs after another, the album ends with you wanting more, which is exactly how it should be. Too many albums of the CD age go on so long you want to quit listening before the album wants to quit playing. Not so here. Eleven songs, 34 minutes and you're done, and actually ready to hear it again

oh i will.......VT CA, Snakes.

Mick

• Like 1

oh i will.......VT CA, Snakes.

Mick

Baaahhh. You didn't havr to go there you know. Roll the Bores is about 4 songs too long for me.

• Like 2

Aja is the only one I've owned. Never really heard any of the others.

Damn girl,

Your slacking off! :LOL:

Wasn't really my type of music when I was younger. I was more of a hard rock kinda gal. :D

If you like Steely Dan,

You really need to check out the stuff before Aja.

Aja they really smoothed out.

Pre-Aja stuff is more raw when you compare it to Aja, lol

Mick

Yep,

The earlier stuff was more raw for sure. :D

Aja is far from my fav for that reason. Great stuff but so slick i nearly dropped the disc on first play, lol

Mick

The one thing about Aja, despite its brilliance, that bothered me was its slickness. So if the earlier stuff is more on the "raw" side, where shall I start?

Damn girl,

Wasn't really my type of music when I was younger. I was more of a hard rock kinda gal. :D

If you like Steely Dan,

Mick

Yep,

Aja is far from my fav for that reason. Great stuff but so slick i nearly dropped the disc on first play, lol

Mick

The one thing about Aja, despite its brilliance, that bothered me was its slickness. So if the earlier stuff is more on the "raw" side, where shall I start?

please start with the Royal Scam. you will love it. More guitar and harder for the Dan at least.

Mick

• Like 2

Damn girl,

If you like Steely Dan,

Mick

Yep,

Mick

please start with the Royal Scam. you will love it. More guitar and harder for the Dan at least.

Mick

Okey doke! Done some research on the Dan, and will give every album up to Aja a shot.

I will say this now: from what I have heard of Steely Dan, I like them more than Journey, another band frequently recommended to me on this forum. And that says a lot, as I love Journey. But will I like them as much as Yes, Kansas or Genesis? Three other excellent bands recommended to me by all you guys, so I have VERY high expectations.

• Like 3

I just noticed an entire page (well, almost) of this thread is devoted to me. Makes me wanna play ELO even more haha!
  • Like 1

Playing Countdown To Ecstasy.

Already liking it more than Aja, which I really grew to like a lot!

• Like 2

Enjoying the Dan, I can hear a lot of similarities to other bands, so I can sense how influential they must have been.

Sort of like a weird mix of Fragile-era Yes and jazzy, early Toto with some absolutely weird bits and bobs thrown in.

Guys, you have another VERY satisfied customer!

(Don't expect me to lose interest in AOR. That genre has been in my blood for years.)

• Like 2

Segue warning. F-bomb in showbiz Kids. just being a good friend. Great album, BTW.

Mick

Why?! Lol, I may find a way of getting over it.

• Like 1

Segue warning. F-bomb in showbiz Kids. just being a good friend. Great album, BTW.

Mick

lol. ok. I just remember what you told me once. Glad your enjoying it.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

it annoys me but its only once
  • Like 1

Mick

Mick

Katy Lied is a great album! :cool:

Mick

Mick

Katy Lied is a great album! :cool:

it is indeed. i love Good Teeth II. such a hooky chrous.

Mick

• Like 1