Steely Dan

Lorraine

I haven’t listened to them since Walter Becker passed away. Just not in the mood to be reminded of the loss.

Oh, but the music is golden. The six-album run from Countdown to Ecstasy through Gaucho is really astonishing. Incredible, all the way through.

You are getting me interested again.

I just think one day they will click and it will be brill. I already like Aja more than before and I admire them.

They are one of a kind, I give them that (possibly what makes them a little hard to get to grips with).

• Like 3

I haven’t listened to them since Walter Becker passed away. Just not in the mood to be reminded of the loss.

Oh, but the music is golden. The six-album run from Countdown to Ecstasy through Gaucho is really astonishing. Incredible, all the way through.

I just think one day they will click and it will be brill. I already like Aja more than before and I admire them.

They are one of a kind, I give them that (possibly what makes them a little hard to get to grips with).

i remember you blew me away back then....because i was SOOOO sure this band was right up your alley.

i learned a little bit more about you then.

and yes i still have every confidence you will love them, lol

Mick

i remember you blew me away back then....because i was SOOOO sure this band was right up your alley.

i learned a little bit more about you then.

and yes i still have every confidence you will love them, lol

Mick

My local record store has their music in a deal. I might grab a couple amd play them through a proper stereo.

Worked for me and Kansas.

• Like 1

This is exactly how it worked for me. Aja ended up being my entry point, an album I knew nothing about or a song from that totally sold me on the band. For the longest time I didn't "get" them, despite most of my musician friends at the time being fans. Porcupine Tree was a similar slow burn, which I saw mentioned a few posts back. It's hard to hear now what I did then that turned me off.

• Like 1