Wings?

Fleet Foxes?

Pearl Jam?

Eagles?

Foreigner?

These bands are the worst ever?

This list is absolute rubbish!

• Like 2

Yeah so what they can whatever they want I know better about RUSH & PEARL JAM! They both are one of the best bands in their genre of music. Edited by g under p

Two words: L.A. Weekly. Bunch of pretentious ass-hats who probably sit around their offices (aka basements) adorned with Elvis Costello and Nirvana posters, falsely thinking they're better than everyone. Having said that, they're pretty spot-on with the Eagles and Dave Matthews Band...two of the least-tolerable bands I've ever heard in my 32 years.
  • Like 3

People can laugh at Foreigner.

But they are just PERFECT pop rockers!

Seriously, PERFECT

I'm at a loss of words. Some easy targets on the list aside. Majority of the artists on here are good to fantastic. Yet obvious bad band choices (All the Nickleback's and Jonas Brothers of the world) are no where to be found. All the entries add up to personal opinions ("I don't get it" just oozes from half of these reviews) from a bunch of top 40 reviews. I believe this is the same publication that had that arrogant reviewer believing Rush did not deserve to be in the hall of fame.

And they have the audacity to include Animal Collective on the list too. The Band that has the most critically acclaimed album of 2009, and has all but 2 albums with a metacritic score above 75.

I repeat this mantra to all ignorant music listeners in the world, if you don't like or get it, it's not automatically bad. The only bad kind of music is that which is made for something other than the sake of the music (i.e. Money and Fame)

• Like 1

I too didn't get why Foreigner was on there. "The sweatshop equivalent of Journey"??? Ridiculous. I saw Lou Gramm just down the road from Syracuse at the Jamesville Balloon Fest a couple years ago and he was fantastic. All the big Foreigner hits plus his good solo stuff.

Rush, Foreigner, RHCP, and Pearl Jam are all awesome. Never heard of Pretty Ricky, The Raconteurs, Fleet Foxes, Animal Collective, or LCD Soundsystem. Most of the rest I have absolutely nothing against. I do still stand by my assertion that DMB and The Eagles make a pretty good 1-2 combo for this list.

Also the second half of the Rush paragraph clearly indicates that this Kai Flanders guy once tried to get an interview with Neil and wasn't given the time of day, so he had to sneak that last part in as revenge. Note how he never addresses the quality of their music, just his opinion of how they're perceived. And yet, despite his comments, they still somehow manage to scrounge together 10-13k people to come see them in pretty much every venue they play...pretty good for a band that supposedly most people hate.

Seriously, PERFECT

Yeah, real close. The first four albums are pretty good in the radio-friendly rock category. Too much filler for me say "perfect" tho.

I too didn't get why Foreigner was on there. "The sweatshop equivalent of Journey"??? Ridiculous. I saw Lou Gramm just down the road from Syracuse at the Jamesville Balloon Fest a couple years ago and he was fantastic. All the big Foreigner hits plus his good solo stuff.

Rush, Foreigner, RHCP, and Pearl Jam are all awesome. Never heard of Pretty Ricky, The Raconteurs, Fleet Foxes, Animal Collective, or LCD Soundsystem. Most of the rest I have absolutely nothing against. I do still stand by my assertion that DMB and The Eagles make a pretty good 1-2 combo for this list.

Also the second half of the Rush paragraph clearly indicates that this Kai Flanders guy once tried to get an interview with Neil and wasn't given the time of day, so he had to sneak that last part in as revenge. Note how he never addresses the quality of their music, just his opinion of how they're perceived. And yet, despite his comments, they still somehow manage to scrounge together 10-13k people to come see them in pretty much every venue they play...pretty good for a band that supposedly most people hate.

The Raconteurs is a Jack White project, semi-tolerable. I wonder if the people writing this list ever saw these bands live? The Raconteurs and Fleet Foxes were pretty decent live. LCD studio stuff isn't that enjoyable to listen to, but live they were a lot of fun!

The Eagles really do kinda suck.

Sometimes if I hear an Eagles song sung by Glenn Frey I want to throw my radio out of the car but then realize the f*cker is attached.

I would kindly like to disagree. Go back and listen to there very early stuff, before they became the cliché over-indulgent "rock stars." Most of the first four albums are actually pretty good in '70s Folk/Rock category. After that? No so much.

The Eagles really do kinda suck.

Sometimes if I hear an Eagles song sung by Glenn Frey I want to throw my radio out of the car but then realize the f*cker is attached.

I would kindly like to disagree. Go back and listen to there very early stuff, before they became the cliché over-indulgent "rock stars." Most of the first four albums are actually pretty good in '70s Folk/Rock category. After that? No so much.

Ha. No thanks. They were only good after Joe Walsh joined the band.

Seriously, PERFECT

Yeah, real close. The first four albums are pretty good in the radio-friendly rock category. Too much filler for me say "perfect" tho.

The filler is always above average on those first four.

But on top form, few bands match Foreigner when it comes to what they do.

Fleet Foxes are one of my favourite modern bands.

Animal Collective are not my cup if tea, but I have always viewed them as a great band (odd, but yeah...I respect them!).

Meh - this 2012 article surfaces every now and then and is just as pretentious and condescending now as it was three years ago. Musical tastes aside, every artist on this list influenced music to some degree; each artists was an essential part of the musical zeitgeist of their time. I'm not saying each artists is great or awesome or whatnot - and there're a few who are completely cheesy and overly-done -- but any list that lumps in the Chili Peppers and the Eagles with 4 Non Blondes and Pussycat Dolls is suspect at the least.

Besides, since the 2012 publication, Rush pretty much has disproven the snarky "most people hate Rush" comment.

And, obviously, this list was made before 2 Chains or Miley became huge.

Fleet Foxes are one of my favourite modern bands.

Animal Collective are not my cup if tea, but I have always viewed them as a great band (odd, but yeah...I respect them!).

And what songs led you to this conclusion on Animal Collective Segue? I ask being the forum's number one fan for them.