i'm not criticizing. her....she can do whatever the hell she wants she can skin a baby on stage for all i care. just relating a story.

Mick

But...I HATE HER POST-2000!

Nothing worse than a great artist imitating her imitators.

Kate Bush ftw! She ages naturally and her music grows up with her.

Kate Bush is my queen. Far more interesting then Madonna can ever hope to be.

Mick

I don't think I've even ever heard any of her music. What has she done?

Start with the Kick inside.......her debut.....fantastic stuff. Segue beat me to it.

Mick

What kind of music is it? I'm not somewhere at the moment that I can check out a YouTube video.

Kate Bush is a genre, not an artist.

Hope this helps.

Mick.

Madonna sucks. I know because my brother worked on 2 of her tours and mom made us see both. Put together. 4 hours of sheer torture.

Mick

Sure your brother wasn't complaining much working with her then....

He helped built stages for 2 tours. He was paid well, lol. but he did say she was uh not the nicest lady......puting it nicely.

Mick

I 100% believe that Madonna has an arrogant, conceited and self-important opinion of herself. She comes across as an a-hole in all of the interviews I read.

Oh and at 1 of the shows i saw she berated people several times for not standing, lol, I'm not making that up.

Mick

Sounds like Ozzy!

Was she obsessed with seeing people's (f***ing) hands?

She told some dude this isn't the opera........GET THE F*CK UP!!!

That's a quote.

She is a little miss potty mouth.

lol

Mick

I think all of this is funny. If she were a guy doing the things that she does, no one would think twice.

100% agree.

For a woman to make the stand in pop the way she did takes balls.

I still think her best moment is Human Nature. I think she makes the point clear: "women arent supposed to talk about sex" is a taboo that makes little sense.

And its ok to marvel at male rockstars who womanise and sing songs about prostitutes and the like...but for a woman to use her sexuality on her terms and her terms only is empowering, and takes strength. And she gets slagged off for "being a potty mouth".

Her attitude is one i wish more women had. Same goes for Kate Bush. All these dolls pale in comparison to Madonna. She is the doll. But the doll dresses herself. That is what makes her stand out. And she does so without compromising her femininity.

She still hasnt had a worthy successor.

Good post. :) There have been a lot of Madonna wannabes in the past couple of decades but nobody has really taken her place yet. Christina Aguilera was one that I thought at one point might be, but she's become a parody of herself. Madonna has really toned it down a lot since she became a mother. Her priorities probably changed.

...I think Christina peaked with Stripped and then...well...got lost.

You could say that. My nephew went to school with Christina. She was popular even back then. It's a shame she's gone so downhill. I think she has a lot of talent.

i'm not criticizing. her....she can do whatever the hell she wants she can skin a baby on stage for all i care. just relating a story.

Mick

Mick

Start with the Kick inside.......her debut.....fantastic stuff. Segue beat me to it.

Mick

What kind of music is it? I'm not somewhere at the moment that I can check out a YouTube video.

Kate Bush is a genre, not an artist.

Hope this helps.

Mick.

Is she as wide as Mama Cass? :D

Madonna is what she is. I don't consider myself a fan, but I do admit she has several songs I like. Does she belong in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame? Yes.

Glad you are openminded!

Rock fans need to sometimes remember the best "pop" crosses over to any music fan. Look at Lady Gaga or ABBA, I have heard many brilliant metal covers!

Sometimes pop artists write songs that are great irrespective of the overall consensus of the genre.

I respect Madonna and her contribution to the world of entertainment. But do you really believe she is musically a superior artist to Deep Purple and Yes? No. She isn't. Her image caters to a wider range of people and she knows how to market herself.

Edited by Xanadoood
  • Like 1

Madonna sucks. I know because my brother worked on 2 of her tours and mom made us see both. Put together. 4 hours of sheer torture.

Mick

Sure your brother wasn't complaining much working with her then....

He helped built stages for 2 tours. He was paid well, lol. but he did say she was uh not the nicest lady......puting it nicely.

Mick

I 100% believe that Madonna has an arrogant, conceited and self-important opinion of herself. She comes across as an a-hole in all of the interviews I read.

Oh and at 1 of the shows i saw she berated people several times for not standing, lol, I'm not making that up.

Mick

Sounds like Ozzy!

Was she obsessed with seeing people's (f***ing) hands?

She told some dude this isn't the opera........GET THE F*CK UP!!!

That's a quote.

She is a little miss potty mouth.

lol

Mick

I think all of this is funny. If she were a guy doing the things that she does, no one would think twice.

100% agree.

For a woman to make the stand in pop the way she did takes balls.

I still think her best moment is Human Nature. I think she makes the point clear: "women arent supposed to talk about sex" is a taboo that makes little sense.

And its ok to marvel at male rockstars who womanise and sing songs about prostitutes and the like...but for a woman to use her sexuality on her terms and her terms only is empowering, and takes strength. And she gets slagged off for "being a potty mouth".

Her attitude is one i wish more women had. Same goes for Kate Bush. All these dolls pale in comparison to Madonna. She is the doll. But the doll dresses herself. That is what makes her stand out. And she does so without compromising her femininity.

She still hasnt had a worthy successor.

Good post. :) There have been a lot of Madonna wannabes in the past couple of decades but nobody has really taken her place yet. Christina Aguilera was one that I thought at one point might be, but she's become a parody of herself. Madonna has really toned it down a lot since she became a mother. Her priorities probably changed.

It's the Kabbalah...

• Like 1

Well, the Rock Whores of Rolling Stone Magazine Hall is inducting another group of musicians, and they are

Green Day

Stevie Ray Vaughan

Lou Reed

Joan Jett & The Blackhearts

Bill Withers

The Paul Butterfield Blues Band

Additionally the 5 Royals will receive the early influences award, and Ringo Starr will receive the Award of Excellence.

As a reminder, these are the groups that did not make the cut this year.

Kraftwerk

Sting

Chic

The Smiths

Nine Inch Nails

N.W.A

In my personal opinion, called it on Green Day being inducted, happy for Stevie Ray as well. I feel that Kraftwerk still deserves the nod however.

Discuss

fixed.

Mick

Mick

Just go buy The Kick Inside and work forwards. I am in the process of doing just that.

everything is top notch until red shoes, but that's the only turd in her discography

Madonna is what she is. I don't consider myself a fan, but I do admit she has several songs I like. Does she belong in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame? Yes.

Glad you are openminded!

Rock fans need to sometimes remember the best "pop" crosses over to any music fan. Look at Lady Gaga or ABBA, I have heard many brilliant metal covers!

Sometimes pop artists write songs that are great irrespective of the overall consensus of the genre.

I respect Madonna and her contribution to the world of entertainment. But do you really believe she is musically a superior artist to Deep Purple and Yes? No. She isn't. Her image caters to a wider range of people and she knows how to market herself.

Of course not! But I do believe she deserved to enter when she did.

Deep Purple and Yes, however, deserved to be entered earlier.

Mick

Mick

Just go buy The Kick Inside and work forwards. I am in the process of doing just that.

everything is top notch until red shoes, but that's the only turd in her discography

I just pretend that little thing was never made.

50's words for snow is great. I just cut out those overlong tracks and you have a great little album.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

I just pretend that little thing was never made.

50's words for snow is great. I just cut out those overlong tracks and you have a great little album.

Mick

I like the longer songs. good atmosphere, good winter album

red shoes could've been a pretty damn good EP. I think splitting with del palmer and her mom's death put her in a weird situation emotionally or some shit, which resulted in an odd and disjointed album. or at least, that's a theory I've seen on the kate forums

• Like 1