Madonna is what she is. I don't consider myself a fan, but I do admit she has several songs I like. Does she belong in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame? Yes.

Glad you are openminded!

Rock fans need to sometimes remember the best "pop" crosses over to any music fan. Look at Lady Gaga or ABBA, I have heard many brilliant metal covers!

Sometimes pop artists write songs that are great irrespective of the overall consensus of the genre.

I definitely think she belongs in there. She's made a huge impact on the music world.

Madonna sucks. I know because my brother worked on 2 of her tours and mom made us see both. Put together. 4 hours of sheer torture.

Mick

Sure your brother wasn't complaining much working with her then....

Madonna sucks. I know because my brother worked on 2 of her tours and mom made us see both. Put together. 4 hours of sheer torture.

Mick

He helped built stages for 2 tours. He was paid well, lol. but he did say she was uh not the nicest lady......puting it nicely.

Mick

Mick

He helped built stages for 2 tours. He was paid well, lol. but he did say she was uh not the nicest lady......puting it nicely.

Mick

I 100% believe that Madonna has an arrogant, conceited and self-important opinion of herself. She comes across as an a-hole in all of the interviews I read.

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

I 100% believe that Madonna has an arrogant, conceited and self-important opinion of herself. She comes across as an a-hole in all of the interviews I read.

Oh and at 1 of the shows i saw she berated people several times for not standing, lol, I'm not making that up.

Mick

Madonna is Madonna.

If I wanted saintly...I would buy Cliff Richard.

Mick

Mick

Oh and at 1 of the shows i saw she berated people several times for not standing, lol, I'm not making that up.

Mick

Sounds like Ozzy!

Was she obsessed with seeing people's (f***ing) hands?

• Like 3

Mick

Mick

Mick

Sounds like Ozzy!

She told some dude this isn't the opera........GET THE F*CK UP!!!

That's a quote.

She is a little miss potty mouth.

lol

Mick

Oh and the bass and beat at the 2 madonna shows.........god my ears were nearly blown off my head. I could feel the beat through my whole body to my heart. I thought my last moments were with Madonna, lol Anything but fun i'll tell ya that.

Mick

Mick

Mick

Mick

Sounds like Ozzy!

That's a quote.

lol

Mick

I think all of this is funny. If she were a guy doing the things that she does, no one would think twice.

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

Mick

Sounds like Ozzy!

That's a quote.

lol

Mick

I think all of this is funny. If she were a guy doing the things that she does, no one would think twice.

100% agree.

For a woman to make the stand in pop the way she did takes balls.

I still think her best moment is Human Nature. I think she makes the point clear: "women arent supposed to talk about sex" is a taboo that makes little sense.

And its ok to marvel at male rockstars who womanise and sing songs about prostitutes and the like...but for a woman to use her sexuality on her terms and her terms only is empowering, and takes strength. And she gets slagged off for "being a potty mouth".

Her attitude is one i wish more women had. Same goes for Kate Bush. All these dolls pale in comparison to Madonna. She is the doll. But the doll dresses herself. That is what makes her stand out. And she does so without compromising her femininity.

She still hasnt had a worthy successor.

i'm not criticizing. her....she can do whatever the hell she wants she can skin a baby on stage for all i care. just relating a story.

Mick

But...I HATE HER POST-2000!

Nothing worse than a great artist imitating her imitators.

Kate Bush ftw! She ages naturally and her music grows up with her.

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

Mick

Sounds like Ozzy!

That's a quote.

lol

Mick

100% agree.

I still think her best moment is Human Nature. I think she makes the point clear: "women arent supposed to talk about sex" is a taboo that makes little sense.

And its ok to marvel at male rockstars who womanise and sing songs about prostitutes and the like...but for a woman to use her sexuality on her terms and her terms only is empowering, and takes strength. And she gets slagged off for "being a potty mouth".

Her attitude is one i wish more women had. Same goes for Kate Bush. All these dolls pale in comparison to Madonna. She is the doll. But the doll dresses herself. That is what makes her stand out. And she does so without compromising her femininity.

Good post. :) There have been a lot of Madonna wannabes in the past couple of decades but nobody has really taken her place yet. Christina Aguilera was one that I thought at one point might be, but she's become a parody of herself. Madonna has really toned it down a lot since she became a mother. Her priorities probably changed.

i'm not criticizing. her....she can do whatever the hell she wants she can skin a baby on stage for all i care. just relating a story.

Mick

Kate Bush is my queen. Far more interesting then Madonna can ever hope to be.

Mick

Mick

Mick

Mick

Sounds like Ozzy!

That's a quote.

lol

Mick

100% agree.

Good post. :) There have been a lot of Madonna wannabes in the past couple of decades but nobody has really taken her place yet. Christina Aguilera was one that I thought at one point might be, but she's become a parody of herself. Madonna has really toned it down a lot since she became a mother. Her priorities probably changed.

...I think Christina peaked with Stripped and then...well...got lost.

Mick

Mick

I don't think I've even ever heard any of her music. What has she done?

Mick

Mick

I agree. But she is not really comparable to Madonna. Her music speaks far more than she does haha!

Mick

Mick

Just go buy The Kick Inside and work forwards. I am in the process of doing just that.

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

Start with the Kick inside.......her debut.....fantastic stuff. Segue beat me to it.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Mick

Mick

Start with the Kick inside.......her debut.....fantastic stuff.

Mick

Bluefox...we seem to agree more than disagree.

Yay!

Mick

Mick

Mick

Yay!

we do indeed. Which is awesome. For every artist you like that make me scratch my head........seems we have about a hundered more in common.

Mick

Mick

Mick

Start with the Kick inside.......her debut.....fantastic stuff. Segue beat me to it.

Mick

What kind of music is it? I'm not somewhere at the moment that I can check out a YouTube video.

Mick

Mick

Mick

Yay!

we do indeed. Which is awesome. For every artist you like that make me scratch my head........seems we have about a hundered more in common.

Mick

The more derided the common consensus on a band...the more we agree!

• Like 1