The GUN thread

physics23

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Sep 21 2007, 05:32 PM)
QUOTE (Geds @ Sep 21 2007, 04:24 PM)

The one who is aiming at more than one person.

laugh.gif

Well buddy, I'll pray that you never get yourself caught up in a shooting gallery like that!!

trink39.gif

Me too.

You know, i have a theory about my generators (I live in the country).

As long as both of my generators are well-maintained and able to run, i will not need them.

But as soon as i let them get to where they won't start....I'll be out of electricity for 3 days.

I use the same Ideology for my guns...as long as I have them, i probably will never need them...which is the best of all possible situations.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Geds @ Sep 21 2007, 04:47 PM)

I use the same Ideology for my guns...as long as I have them, i probably will never need them...which is the best of all possible situations.

trink39.gif

Like I've always said, "it's better to have a gun and not need one, then it is to need a gun and not have one".

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Sep 21 2007, 07:48 PM)
QUOTE (Geds @ Sep 21 2007, 04:47 PM)

trink39.gif

Like I've always said, "it's better to have a gun and not need one, then it is to need a gun and not have one".

yes.gif to both of your replies trink39.gif

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Sep 20 2007, 05:26 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 20 2007, 03:13 PM)

oh no, drock, we have to go thru stringent checks to....when I wanted to apply for LTC, I had to fill out this form that was about 5 pages long so that they could run a background check, run a drug test, you had to pass the firearms safety course, and I had to get references laugh.gif  They don't just hand out the LTC's like candy down here laugh.gif

Oh?

Interesting. I always though I could walk into a pawn shop in Lincoln Park MI or somewhere, slap down a couple hundred bucks and pick myself up a nice Beretta with no questions asked.

Hmm, well I guess that's a good thing. I wonder if each state has it's own regulations? In Canada, we have this multi-billion dollar boondoggle called the National Gun Registry. It's too bad all the good, law abiding folk have to go through the mounds of paperwork and get the runaround, all the while criminals are going around shootin' up the streets unabated.

Each county in New York has its own regulations regarding pistols. I live on Long Island and have a Suffolk County pistol permit, but I like to hunt and shoot upstate. In order to get upstate I have to drive thru NYC (Hence Island). Technically my permit is valid everywhere in NY except NYC and I could be arrested if pulled over carrying while driving. Once I leave the City my permit is valid again. So until I win the lottery and can afford a private Helicopter I shall continue to break the law. Hows that for Bulls#$t? wtf.gif

Edited by lmnopqrstuvwxYYZ

laugh.gif just found out that up here in NH you don't have to get an LTC - you do have to get a concealed LTC, but basically when you go to purchase a gun you just have to go thru the 10 day waiting period tongue.gif hehehe we're the northern rednecks, y'all laugh.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 24 2007, 07:10 PM)
laugh.gif just found out that up here in NH you don't have to get an LTC - you do have to get a concealed LTC,

so does this mean when they give you your concealed LTC, you can't find it because its hidden from you?

unsure.gif

That's weird.

ok, this happened to me about 2 weeks ago, and i have been meaning to type it up, but i haven't really had the time.

I had taken my crap-car...(a 1999 chevy cavalier that i am desperatley trying to kill) to my gun range on the wooded property that I own.

And, since I had recently installed a laser sight on my XD 9 mm, I decided i would go ahead and sight it in. I needed a stable platform to shoot from so I could adjust my POA/POI. (for you non-gunners, that's Point of Aim/ Point Of Impact.)

So i decide to pull the car down a little farther and use the roof of it to support my hands while sighting in the laser sight.

no problem, right?

the next morning, i am gassing up the cavelier at a gas pump, and the next pump over is a state trooper doing the same thing.

No problem right?

he walks over to get the windshield squeegie, which is more on my side than his, and looks my car over slowly.

he walks over and methodically cleans his windshield. he walks back to return the squeegie, and looks at my car again...then he says:

Sir?

Do you realize you have shell casings all over the hood of your car?

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

when my gun was ejecting the casings, they were bouncing around on the hood of the car and getting lodged in the widsheild wiper blade area!

He SAW THEM!!!!

I quickly told him I had been sighting in a pistol and was using the roof of the car to steady the gun, and he laughed. You could clearly see that if I were doing that from the passenger side, the shell casing would certainly land on the hood...

oops.gif

QUOTE (Geds @ Oct 30 2007, 10:55 PM)
ok, this happened to me about 2 weeks ago, and i have been meaning to type it up, but i haven't really had the time.

I had taken my crap-car...(a 1999 chevy cavalier that i am desperatley trying to kill) to my gun range on the wooded property that I own.

And, since I had recently installed a laser sight on my XD 9 mm, I decided i would go ahead and sight it in. I needed a stable platform to shoot from so I could adjust my POA/POI. (for you non-gunners, that's Point of Aim/ Point Of Impact.)

So i decide to pull the car down a little farther and use the roof of it to support my hands while sighting in the laser sight.

no problem, right?

the next morning, i am gassing up the cavelier at a gas pump, and the next pump over is a state trooper doing the same thing.

No problem right?

he walks over to get the windshield squeegie, which is more on my side than his, and looks my car over slowly.

he walks over and methodically cleans his windshield. he walks back to return the squeegie, and looks at my car again...then he says:

Sir?

Do you realize you have shell casings all over the hood of your car?

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

when my gun was ejecting the casings, they were bouncing around on the hood of the car and getting lodged in the widsheild wiper blade area!

He SAW THEM!!!!

I quickly told him I had been sighting in a pistol and was using the roof of the car to steady the gun, and he laughed. You could clearly see that if I were doing that from the passenger side, the shell casing would certainly land on the hood...

oops.gif

I have the feeling you would get a different reaction from a state trooper here in NY. tongue.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 30 2007, 10:15 PM)

I have the feeling you would get a different reaction from a state trooper here in NY.  tongue.gif

Having BEEN to New Jersey and New York recently with my guns locked securely away where violent criminals could not be hurt by them, I agree with you 100%.

cool.gif

(btw, i did that as soon as i entered New Jersey because the law there says i must. It's a dumb law. However, this is not meant to disrespect in any way my buddies pags and owlswing...i voluntarily locked my guns up in their home because they have young children, and i would have offered to do that regardless of state law. so, pags and owlswing... trink39.gif )

Edited by Geds

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 2 2005, 06:53 PM)
If your initial reaction to the title of this topic is to recoil in disgust, you probably represent the majority of people in the world; guns have been responsible for incalculable loss of life.

Yep! 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Aug 2 2005, 02:30 PM)
While I am not going to go into a whole shpeel for gun control, I will leave it at I am in favor of stricter gun control and have never opperated a firearm.

I've never touched a real gun and if I have anything to say about it, never will. No offense anyone, but why a thread glorifying guns? confused13.gif I would expect to see a thread like this in the political forum, but not here - it doesn't seem appropriate, but maybe it's just me...

yes.gif

I, unfortunately, am in a position where I have to sell guns on an almost-daily basis. The only plus side to that is that I can deny people a gun who act as though they will be dangerous with one (i.e. a guy aimed one at his friend and said "bang, you're dead" like a 5 year old with a toy. needless to say i took the gun back and told him i wouldn't sell him one. also, one guy told me "yeah i have 2 .380's at home, but neither is legit. that's why i wanna get one here." again, i took the gun back)

"How many times must the cannonballs fly before they're forever banned?"

My old 870 is getting a little long in the tooth so I'm upgrading to this.

And I'll be modifying it with this.

QUOTE (physics23 @ Aug 2 2005, 10:48 AM)
Firearms are an exciting world. Yes, they're associated with killing and maiming, but that only accounts for a small portion of their applications in the world. If your initial reaction to the title of this topic is to recoil in disgust, you probably represent the majority of people in the world; guns have been responsible for incalculable loss of life. But that is not the point of this thread. The point is to appreciate their power, their elegance, their ingenuity, their diversity.

So... What have you handled?

A cap gun is as far as I ever got. I also tried my friend's pellet gun once.

Edited by Ru5h F@n

QUOTE (Cygnus @ Feb 12 2008, 07:26 AM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c

Can't wait till civilian release

Cheap venison hamburger cool.gif

I want.

Figures it was tested at Blackwater though. laugh.gif

Since I never noticed this topic, I'll just point out I own a Remington 870 Express with an extra shell holder and a folding stock, soon to get a flashlight attachment when I can afford it.

And a Ruger M77 MKII all black synthetic, the sight on it is so-so but I'm used to it.

Plan on buying a pistol in April or May, but so far I'm not sure what I want.

QUOTE (Mr. Mojo Risin' @ Feb 17 2008, 06:16 PM)

I want.

Since I never noticed this topic, I'll just point out I own a Remington 870 Express with an extra shell holder and a folding stock, soon to get a flashlight attachment when I can afford it.

And a Ruger M77 MKII all black synthetic, the sight on it is so-so but I'm used to it.

soon to get a flashlight attachment when I can afford it.

Cheaper Than Dirt has 'em for 20 bucks.

I recommend bookmarking that site, they've got great prices.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Feb 18 2008, 07:01 AM)
QUOTE (Mr. Mojo Risin' @ Feb 17 2008, 06:16 PM)

I want.

soon to get a flashlight attachment when I can afford it.

Cheaper Than Dirt has 'em for 20 bucks.

I recommend bookmarking that site, they've got great prices.

Thanks man, I'll think about that after I scout some of the sporting goods stores.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Feb 17 2008, 11:51 AM)
My old 870 is getting a little long in the tooth so I'm upgrading to this.

And I'll be modifying it with this.

Well I intended to get a new Remington, but this caught my eye:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/JackAubrey/WM1300Defender.jpg

It's a Winchester model 1300 Defender 12 gauge which is just as good as the Remington but costs less. Instead of getting a folding stock for it I'm leaning toward an adjustable stock with a side saddle. We'll see.

I just picked this up last week. It totally kicks ass.....

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/Lt-Raphael-Comet/Military/Weapons/Machine%20Guns/M60.jpg

QUOTE (gotbass1228 @ Feb 27 2008, 05:52 PM)
who likes the newer all chrome .44. Redhawk

If a chrome gun is your thing then go for it. Personally I prefer my weapons with a subdued finish.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Feb 27 2008, 06:03 PM)

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/Lt-Raphael-Comet/Military/Weapons/Machine%20Guns/M60.jpg

I know you're joking but the M-60 is a great weapon. There's nothing like firing it from the hip!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Feb 28 2008, 10:08 AM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Feb 27 2008, 06:03 PM)

I know you're joking but the M-60 is a great weapon. There's nothing like firing it from the hip!

'Specially for shootin' squirrels.....