Wow...Rush are getting hammered on Amazon

presto123

I thought it was just me that was disappointed that Rush are in all out cash grab mode. Wow. The rating on this r40 release will be low on Amazon because Rush might have went too far this time. They band and management has know most of the die-hards have most of the DVD releases. To not make the Molson show(or Rio blu-ray) available seperately seems like they are just taking advantage of their fiercely loyal fanbase. Believe me. I hate talking bad about my favorite band. Most of the reviews say exactly what I've just said.

http://www.amazon.com/R40-6-Blu-ray-Box-Set/product-reviews/B00NJADEJM/ref=pr_all_summary_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

• Like 1

Amazon can be harsh. They should be glad they're not selling anything that attracts joke reviews.

I can never recall Rush getting hammered on anything they have released on amazon or youtube either one. Usually it is mostly universal praise. Sure you have a small percentage, but I've never read so much negative like is posted on r40 so far.

Lord Peart prefers his books to be sold from Barnes and Noble outlets only thank you very much, he won't have anything to do with the coarse, uncouth riff raff who frequent amazon. The only reason he allows any of his products to be sold from there is that he's such a greedy wine-slobbering old bastard!

:Neil:

Its very distasteful what they're doing. I saw the whorishness commence nearly 10 years ago and have always railed against it. BUT, u ppl who are intent on buying every single damned davood that Rush releases are partially responsible. You've encouraged this behavior in the group.
  • Like 3

They packaged their DVDs in a boxset. What's the big deal? If you have them already, don't buy the damn thing. From my humble perspective, it's an overreaction to a non-issue.

Hell, bands like the Who and Pink Floyd have been doing this type of thing for half a freakin' century. Led Zeppelin is doing it right NOW, but in dribs and drabs.

It's the system. You don't want it. Don't buy it. Simple.

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 10

They packaged their DVDs in a boxset. What's the big deal? If you have them already, don't buy the damn thing. From my humble perspective, it's an overreaction to a non-issue.

Hell, bands like the Who and Pink Floyd have been doing this type of thing for half a freakin' century. Led Zeppelin is doing it right NOW, but in dribs and drabs.

I think the point they're trying to make is that there are bonus features on this dvd that are simply must haves, but rather than buying these and these alone for an affordable price, we're forced into re-buying alot of the same live DVDs' that maybe 80 percent ofus on this forum for example have bought at the times they were issued.

its just wasting money really.

• Like 2

I think the point they're trying to make is that there are bonus features on this dvd that are simply must haves, but rather than buying these and these alone for an affordable price, we're forced into re-buying alot of the same live DVDs' that maybe 80 percent ofus on this forum for example have bought at the times they were issued.

its just wasting money really.

Sure. It's the business. It's a tactic that every band and artist has been guilty off. How many "greatest hits" or "best of" compilations leave off that ONE song. Maybe Rush agreed to the tactic or the record company gave them no choice. Whatever. It's the nature of the beast. Again, if one's convictions and beliefs leads them to not buying it, fine.

Hell, if you don't want to pay for the bonus material, there are ways to acquire it other than giving your money to Rush, the retailer and the record company.

The Who, Bruce, Neil Young, .....

Edited by lerxt1990

Nobody is forced to buy this, and The T4E stuff is not a 'must have'. If it was a full show, like the rest of their DVDs, I would be miffed. You're either stupid or rich to rebuy all of these DVDs for a few more songs from the T4E Tour. That being said, they should have released this on a previous DVD as a bonus, but I do know they spent a lot of time and money recovering the video since it was scrambled originally (maybe this is how they get it back).

All i said is it doesn't make me too mad but it's just the whole......."Aww you bought all our shit? We have a shiny bonus disc........but.........re-buy our shit to get it!!!! SUCK ON IT!!!!!!!!!" and that's how i see it.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

All i said is it doesn't make me too mad but it's just the whole......."Aww you bought all our shit? We have a shiny bonus disc........but.........re-buy our shit to get it!!!! SUCK ON IT!!!!!!!!!" and that's how i see it.

Mick

Yeah, I have ZERO interest in this release....

Gonna take my wife out for a fancy dinner with that $100 I'm not going to spend.

Makes me think of The Simpsons making fun at toy makers that do this...

http://31.media.tumblr.com/4a3bd62c7b4989c7e6998ba790fa5939/tumblr_mxvvoz1xnh1qz7kjgo1_500.jpg

well that was to be expected. and the appropriate reaction i might add.

Mick

Not necessarily. The review should focus on what the product is and explain why it is or isn't good. In this case, the product could be great for someone that doesn't own blu ray versions of the concerts. Just leaving a bad review or railing about being a money-grab doesn't help people decide whether or not they should buy the product.

well that was to be expected. and the appropriate reaction i might add.

Mick

Not necessarily. The review should focus on what the product is and explain why it is or isn't good. In this case, the product could be great for someone that doesn't own blu ray versions of the concerts. Just leaving a bad review or railing about being a money-grab doesn't help people decide whether or not they should buy the product.

But it does discourage sales.