Best Genesis Live Album

Best Genesis Live Album   

18 members have voted

1. 1. Choose ze album!

• Genesis Live (1973)
    • Seconds Out (1977)
    • Three Sides Live (1982)
    • The Way We Walk, Vol I: The Shorts (1992)
    • The Way We Walk, Vol II: The Longs (1993)
    • Live Over Europe (2007)

It is just too hard to choose between Genesis Live and Seconds Out. They are both amazing classics.

I voted for Seconds Out,for the simple reason that S.O.has SUPPER'S READY on it,but Live hasn't!It's a shame that Live wasn't a double album and the they could have included SUPPER'S READY!Los Endos is also superb on S.O.

So I originally went with Second's Out. But when I thought about it, I realized I picked it due to Supper's Ready. That performance might be one of the greatest live performances. But, the thing outside of "Cinema Show" and "Dance on a Volcano", I don't listen to that album much.

Now, Three Sides Live to me is all around great listen. I think the "In the cage melody" + "afterglow" might almost be as powerful as Supper's Ready is from Seconds out.

I have the edition that contains the 4th live side, which has "One for the vine", "fountain of salmacs" and "It"

So my vote is for Three Sides Live

What an useless poll. :D

Everybody knows that Seconds Out is their best live album. Almost all the best Genesis songs in one album.

LIVE(1973) for sure. Oh, I'm one that does not know that Seconds Out is their best live album. I've seen Genesis in concert with Gabriel and post-Gabriel. I prefer Genesis with Peter.

I voted for the "Longs" album...The Way We Walk.

It is solely on the back of one song...my favourite Genesis song...Home By The Sea(s).

To me, this version is arguably better than the studio version. It's one of my favourite live performances, and for that reason, I decided to choose this album. (I'll likely be the only one. lol)

I voted for Seconds Out, not just for Suppers Ready, but for that ridiculous dual-drummer ending to Cinema Show.

Also, I listen to a "new" version of Genesis Live now, with Suppers Ready put back in (from the box set).

Really can't go wrong with the first 3 choices, though.

I vote for Steve Hackett, Genesis Revisited Live @ Hammersmith. :P (Or perhaps the Lamb set from the Archive boxset)

Oh well.

In anycase, minor trivia: there are a few test pressings out there of a 2 LP version of Genesis Live, with, of course, Suppers' Ready.

Never released, in the end, but it would appear that it was originally planned to be so.

• Like 1

Also, I'll admit, I don't usually listen to Seconds Out anymore. I prefer the boots of the W&W tour, such as Live In Zurich, which contain the full set. Might be weaker quality, but hey, One For The Vine, Inside&Out, and ITQE...

Hell, if they had put those on SO, along with another song or 2 to fill it out into 3 full LPs, now... that would be a serious rival to Yessongs as the ultimate old prog live album.

Surely this is a pointless poll - there is a good Genesis live album. There again there isn't a good Genesis studio album either. And before you Genesis fans have a go, I've tried a few albums - Foxtrot, Crime, Broadway, Three, Duke and Seconds. That must be a good few hours I'm never getting back. I could have been listening to something decent!