Am I the only one who likes Neurotica?

fraroc

High Water is one of their most underrated songs. Atmospheric, lush, dynamic, great textures and fantastic percussion. I have no complaints about it anymore and think it's near flawless in it's execution. I would love to see this performed live.

:goodone:
  • Like 3

I like Neurotica. Although I often call it Veronica. "It's exotica, Veronica!" It wasn't long after Roll the Bones that I started not paying too much attention to the lyrics. For this song, the music is really good no matter about the lyrics. To me the dud on Roll the Bones is "You Bet Your Life". Never cared for that one. All that word dialogue ruins it for me.
  • Like 1

Am I the only one who likes Neurotica?

The law of averages says, no.

The existence of an infinite number of universe says no but only because 1/x as x approaches infinity is zero.

This may be an exception to the laws of mathematics however.

• Like 1

Sadly, no...

Even in the context of RTB it gets a <3/15>.

The only complaint I have about RTB is the drum sound. It sounds like Neil is playing on tin cans.

NO. I like it as well. There is a heavy melodic pull within that belies the kind of corny wistfulness of the chorus lyric. That said its better than half of the other songs on this album in this respect. Of course the bass line is really cool and yes, a great Lerxst lead line.