Where is the oddest place you ever heard Rush played at?

fraroc

I was in a very high end menswear clothing store. Ultra fashionable, expensive, celebrity worthy stuff.

And they played the whole of Clockwork Angels.

Couldn't believe it!

If it were Neil's blog it wouldn't mention Rush. Fumduck.

...and also I didn't go into brainsplattering detail about gastrointestinal functions of ancient cliffdwellers who feasted on the 32 different types of grass and weeds that grow along those Jeep trails.

I think he just meant it was long and boring.

This is true douchebag right here.

We can see when you're here...no need to announce yourself.

I may read this one every day for a while. Classic... :LOL:
  • Like 1

...and also I didn't go into brainsplattering detail about gastrointestinal functions of ancient cliffdwellers who feasted on the 32 different types of grass and weeds that grow along those Jeep trails.

Oh. Sorry. I didn't read it. I just thought from the length it could've been part of his blog.

Everyday? It was funny but read everyday? Maybe Bible quotes or your horoscope would be better to read everyday. Or Calvin & Hobbes and The Far Side. No need to get that obsessed with stuff here.

Edited by savagegrace26

Everyday? It was funny but read everyday? Maybe Bible quotes or your horoscope would be better to read everyday. Or Calvin & Hobbes and The Far Side. No need to get that obsessed with stuff here.

I'll consider that. Thanks...

Or The Wizard of Id or Hagar the Horrible or Blondie or B.C.

I got my local radio station in college to play The Necromancer. Can't recall the call letters or number, but it was in Blacksburg, VA in 1993.

I remember the '93 college football season well. WVA went undefeated until getting beat big in their bowl game. I can't help but wonder what football-crazed frat boys thought of "As gray traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travelers, men of Willow dale emerge from the forest shadow..."

A few years back Lady April, circumstantial tree, his friend and myself were at the Erotic Bakery in Seattle. Lady and I were fighting over the same marzipanned male body part when all of a sudden CTTH came over the sound system in the bakery.

That was quite the moment.

And yes, this happened. Just ask the above two TRF members.

If you're wondering, I was so flabbergasted over hearing CTTH that Lady snagged the marzipan treat before I could. There's no way that thing looked more like Geddy's. I'm sure it clearly looked more like Alex's.

Edited by Janie

Enough with my dickery...

Here's a copy/paste of something I wrote here on the forum a bunch of weeks back...the weirdest place I ever heard a Rush song was in my Mom's Jeep...

"My Mom always HATED Rush. Just could not stand it. Absolutely hated Geddy's voice: "I can't STAND that! It makes me just like THIS!!!" while she clenches her fists with her arms upraised while making a scary Ozzy face. That's all I heard growing up. She even ripped ATWAS off my brother's record player and smashed it against the wall when he was playing it too loud! Needless to say, she wasn't a fan.

Back in 2010 I met them for a camping trip up in the Smokey Mountains. My parents and I were driving some back trails looking for bears where my Mom had her portable minidisc player plugged into the aux jack. I got her started on minidisc years ago as she always recorded off the radio (and records and TV) first onto reel-to-reel then to cassette then to minidisc (and now to her phone). I even got her a Sony in-dash minidisc recorder for their motorhome so she could record songs off the radio while they camped. Anyhoo, we were listening to a minidisc she made off various radio stations called "Camping Catches" when all of the sudden what do I hear immediately after an old Patsy Cline song? "Tom Sawyer!!!??!??!!!!!??!??!!????????!!!?" Imagine my utterly shocked surprise!!! I actually stopped the vehicle and CHASTISED them in disbelief for all their years of hatred doth protested!!! They laughed and laughed. My Mom said, "Well I must've liked that one." My Dad simply said, "That guy sure knows how to drum."

Nowhere else can compare for me to the weirdness of hearing a Rush song that my Mom PURPOSELY recorded.

You really are a human, aren't you?

You forgot to add "that grow along those Jeep trails - as told in the classic novella by (insert some author I've never heard of before in a time period I didn't live in)"

As for the OP -

IDK, I think hearing FBN in that VW commercial last year is kind of odd. Never thought I'd hear a Rush song in a national TV ad.

And then to hear Working Man in the Walmart ad a few months later made me wonder what the hell was going on around here.

Edited by dtpoet
  • Like 1

I don't think I've ever heard Rush being played anywhere strange but on a related note I once heard Misty Mountain Hop by Led Zeppelin being played at an amusement park which made me happy. At another amusement park I heard a Queen song playing, too. It's never been Rush :(.

Or The Wizard of Id or Hagar the Horrible or Blondie or B.C.

Not to take sides or anything but no, Calvin & Hobbes and Far Side!! I will accept BC though

Ok well today my ipod started playing Alien Shore on it's own (i guess I didn't lock it and it opened up the music app while i was walking) and i didn't realize until i sat down in class. No wonder I was getting weird looks from my teacher.

Red Barchetta in the supermarket about two months ago. I stopped dead in my tracks! "WHAT?!"
  • Like 1

Red Barchetta in the supermarket about two months ago. I stopped dead in my tracks! "WHAT?!"

I heard Limelight playing at the grocery the other day. I had the same reaction. :LOL:

I don't think I've ever heard Rush being played anywhere strange but on a related note I once heard Misty Mountain Hop by Led Zeppelin being played at an amusement park which made me happy. At another amusement park I heard a Queen song playing, too. It's never been Rush :(.

I heard Queen at an amusement park today as well :). Never heard Rush out in public though. :sigh:

Edited by len(songs)