Peter Frampton - DON'T Piss Him Off

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/ultimateclassicrock.com/files/2014/08/Peter-Frampton-Kevin-Winter.jpg

We’ve all been to concerts where we’ve felt powerless to stop people around us from blocking our view by taking video. Fortunately, there is Peter Frampton, who recently had an encounter with a rude fan regarding the practice.

Before Frampton’s show Sunday night (Aug. 3) at the Palladium in Carmel, IN, fans were told by club management that they were not allowed to take video or use flash photography. However, that didn’t stop one couple up front, who kept taking photos and video all night long despite being told to put their phones away.

As Onstage Magazine reports, “At first, Peter kept gesturing to them, saying, ‘No, don’t do that. Stop!” But they just did not get the hint. He was frantically looking for security, but they were nowhere nearby….Peter quickly turned around and turned his back to the audience and played that way for several moments.”

Eventually, someone from the venue intervened, and the couple stopped. But only briefly. During ‘Do You Feel Like We Do,’ Frampton had finally had enough. “As he neared the end of the song, you could see the absolute look of desperation and frustration on Peter’s face. I have never seen an artist so upset before. Once, and he stormed off the stage. At his breaking point, and the guy in the front row unrelenting – apparently with no self-control considering he’s already flipped Peter off and turned around and called the rest of the audience a bunch of deadbeats – Peter ends the song, walks over and with a huge smile on his face bends down and says, ‘Hey can I see that? Can I see the photos you’ve been taking?’ The guy hands him his phone and Peter stands up, spins, and flings for the rafters! Yes! The phone went flying to the back of the stage and we all erupted in cheers! With years of experience playing guitar, we just knew he had a great arm!”

Unfortunately, we do not have video of the incident, because that would be way too ironic.

:haz: :haz: :haz:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/peter-frampton-throws-cell-phone/

• Like 9

Anyone ever thought Peter Frampton looked a bit like Michael Biehn?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/86/Kyle_Reese.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/30/Peter_Frampton-1980.jpg

• Like 1

Only when he's fighting terminators......;)

• Like 1

Sorry.. in spite of the band that is a disgusting treatment of not only a fan, but a person. Really don't care for such behaviour, no matter how you try to justify it.
  • Like 1

I think he did the right thing. The people were breaking the rules and told multiple times to stop and didn't. They're lucky their phone is all that got busted.
  • Like 3

Frampton actually did the guy a favor since he can now sell the broken phone on Ebay as rock memorabilia for a small fortune. Edited by adace1
  • Like 1

Only when he's fighting terminators...... ;)

Or Aliens!

Frampton actually did the guy a favor since he can now sell the broken phone on Ebay as rock memorabilia for a small fortune.

That asshole will probably try to sue Frampton for destroying his phone. Will he win? Probably not, but watch and see.

Sorry.. in spite of the band that is a disgusting treatment of not only a fan, but a person. Really don't care for such behaviour, no matter how you try to justify it.

As disgusting as knowingly breaking the rules about 100 times after being told by everybody in the place to stop with the videos and pictures and continuing to do it anyway??

I'd say that's disgusting treatment of a guitarist in that case :D

• Like 2

Or aliens... :AlienSmiley:

Damn, twice my thunder has been stolen. I should really read from 1st post to last and not vice-versa lol.

• Like 1

Damn, twice my thunder has been stolen. I should really read from 1st post to last and not vice-versa lol.

:LOL:

Or dealing with the second coming of Jesus Christ and the Apocalypse.....

http://mostlyfilm.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/the-seventh-sign.jpg

Yeah, that guy was a dick for not following policy, but what the f**k is up with Frampton not allowing it? It's not 1978 Pete.. You should be thankfully fans still want to take your pic . Everyone has a smart phone nowadays.. I can't recall a show I've attended where they didn't allow vids/pics.. It's a ridiculous policy.

Good for Peter!

He's looking a bit worse for the wear though. Not like I remember him in 1978 or thereabouts.

I think he lost some fans when he lost his hair, as shallow as that seems.

• Like 1

Good for Peter!

He's looking a bit worse for the wear though. Not like I remember him in 1978 or thereabouts.

I think he lost some fans when he lost his hair, as shallow as that seems.

He was cute. :) But even if he had been bald back then, I would have still loved Frampton Comes Alive!

Geoff Tate basically did the same thing, but the guy in the audience wasn't doing anything. He literally grabbed a random person's phone and flung it into the audience for absolutely zero reason.

UPDATE: And I just read a comment that a fan at a Geoff Tate's Queensryche show also had his phone out and Geoff had the nerve to spit in his face for filming him.

What a f***ing asshole.

Edited by fraroc

Geoff Tate basically did the same thing, but the guy in the audience wasn't doing anything. He literally grabbed a random person's phone and flung it into the audience for absolutely zero reason.

UPDATE: And I just read a comment that a fan at a Geoff Tate's Queensryche show also had his phone out and Geoff had the nerve to spit in his face for filming him.

What a f***ing asshole.

This type if behavior only seems to happen with older, irrelevant musicians. It's sad. You think you'd see someone like Justin Timberlake pull this type of shit?