2014-15 NFL Season Thread

Principled Man

The Buffalo Bills' defensive coordinator (and former Detroit Head Coach) Jim Schwartz is carried off the field by his players after the Bills' wonderful upset victory on the Lions' home field.

http://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2326178/JIMHERO.0.gif

Such delicious irony.... :laughing guy:

By the way, anything more about WTF is up with Schmidt and Orton getting laser targeted, and the jerkwad bragging it on Facebook? That punkass needs to be arrested!

The little dooshbag has been caught!

http://www.nfl.com/n...pointer-at-game

misdemeanor disorderly conduct-WTF?

Edited by pjbear05

Matt Ryan had to use silent count . . . at home

Posted by Mike Florio on October 15, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/ryan.jpg?w=209

The Bears haven’t won a game in Chicago this year. Maybe they should move to Atlanta.

A raucous throng of Bears fans invaded the Georgia Dome on Sunday. It got so loud that Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan had to use the silent count at times on offense.

D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution has the video of Ryan explaining the situation. It’s an alarming situation for the 2-4 Falcons, especially at a time when the owner: (1) has declined to rule out big changes after the season; and (2) openly has lamented the performance of the team, in light of its talent.

Equally alarming for the Falcons is the fact that they’ve lost three straight games since beating the Buccaneers 56-14.

The Bears haven’t won a game in Chicago this year. Maybe they should move to Atlanta.

A raucous throng of Bears fans invaded the Georgia Dome on Sunday. It got so loud that Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan had to use the silent count at times on offense.

D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution has the video of Ryan explaining the situation. It’s an alarming situation for the 2-4 Falcons, especially at a time when the owner: (1) has declined to rule out big changes after the season; and (2) openly has lamented the performance of the team, in light of its talent.

Equally alarming for the Falcons is the fact that they’ve lost three straight games since beating the Buccaneers 56-14.

The Cowboys had to do the same thing against Houston a week or so ago.

Yeah but that was two teams from Texas at least.

Yeah but that was two teams from Texas at least.

The Saints and 49ers were just about as loud. The media down here have been talking about it quite a bit for a while.
  • Like 1

Report: Seahawks trade Percy Harvin to the Jets

Posted by Darin Gantt on October 17, 2014, 5:34 PM EDT

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptllmwnlnti1ognlowiwytg3yjjlyjcwyjuxzdu4yzrl.jpeg?w=250

Well, here’s your Friday afternoon news dump, which is actually more of a cannonball into the deep end.

According to Jay Glazer of FOX, the Jets have acquired wide receiver Percy Harvin in trade from the Seahawks in exchange for a draft pick.

Such a huge deal happening midseason is practically unheard of, and comes at a strange time for both teams.

If the Jets were going to do something like this, a better time would have been before they started 1-6.

And for the Seahawks, the defense of their title just got more complicated without a dymanic playmaker.

Obviously, we’ll have more on this throughout the night.

Report: Seahawks trade Percy Harvin to the Jets

Posted by Darin Gantt on October 17, 2014, 5:34 PM EDT

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptllmwnlnti1ognlowiwytg3yjjlyjcwyjuxzdu4yzrl.jpeg?w=250

Well, here’s your Friday afternoon news dump, which is actually more of a cannonball into the deep end.

According to Jay Glazer of FOX, the Jets have acquired wide receiver Percy Harvin in trade from the Seahawks in exchange for a draft pick.

Such a huge deal happening midseason is practically unheard of, and comes at a strange time for both teams.

If the Jets were going to do something like this, a better time would have been before they started 1-6.

And for the Seahawks, the defense of their title just got more complicated without a dymanic playmaker.

Obviously, we’ll have more on this throughout the night.

http://stuntgranny.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/surprised_dog.jpg

This is my SURPRISED face...... :laughing guy:

Can someone chime in and convince me this was a good idea on Seattle's part.

1. They got to the Super Bowl without him (although he was a stud in the actual game)

2. Salary cap concerns. Russell Wilson and other core players will be wanting more money....and soon.

3. The ongoing claims that Harvin is a locker room cancer. He may have worn out his welcome.

4. It has been suggested that the Seahawks' O-Coordinator is struggling at utilizing Harvin's many talents.

:huh: :huh:

• Like 3

Methinks the Jets got screwed.

I'd be willing to guess there's something going on behind the scenes. There's always something wrong with Harvin.

1. They got to the Super Bowl without him (although he was a stud in the actual game)

2. Salary cap concerns. Russell Wilson and other core players will be wanting more money....and soon.

3. The ongoing claims that Harvin is a locker room cancer. He may have worn out his welcome.

4. It has been suggested that the Seahawks' O-Coordinator is struggling at utilizing Harvin's many talents.

Okay. You sold me. If I were the Seahawks, I would feel a little uncomfortable not having a home run hitter on the team. They really don't have a constant big play threat.

Okay. You sold me. If I were the Seahawks, I would feel a little uncomfortable not having a home run hitter on the team. They really don't have a constant big play threat.

I agree. Their leading receiver is Doug Baldwin with a paltry 37.4 yards per game average. Teams are going to load up against Lynch, so Wilson and his receivers will have to step up. Now that their defense has shown some chinks in the armor, the offense in general will have to step up.

Did any one just see the punt return by the Rams for a touchown?

I have never seen any thing like that! :LOL:

Da Bears tried it against the Packers a year or two ago, and they scored, but a penalty negated it. :LOL:

Brilliant play!

Packers 28

Panthers 3 (Halftime)

Ron Rivera is a really good coach, but his team didn't show up today (so far).

Did any one just see the punt return by the Rams for a touchown?

I have never seen any thing like that! :LOL:

Da Bears tried it against the Packers a year or two ago, and they scored, but a penalty negated it. :LOL:

Brilliant play!

Tell me what happened I didn't see that.