2014-15 NFL Season Thread

Principled Man

Wanker and Orlando Scandrick are eligible to play this week as a result in a change to the league's drug policy.

Did I read that first name correctly? :LOL:

You knew who it was, right? :)

That didn't take long,

Just heard Brian Billick mention that if Rice goes to counceling and does the right thing. He could be back playing at some point. :facepalm:

Billick always was a t*t.

Rice won't be back. Maybe if he was more productive, but last year showed he was washed up. You have to have transcendent talent to recover from this type of PR hit, and he doesn't have it any more, and two or more years away from the game ain't gonna help.

...and he's a running back and they're a dime a dozen these days anyway...

Until you need a power back on the goal line.

That didn't take long,

Just heard Brian Billick mention that if Rice goes to counceling and does the right thing. He could be back playing at some point. :facepalm:

Rice won't be back. Maybe if he was more productive, but last year showed he was washed up. You have to have transcendent talent to recover from this type of PR hit, and he doesn't have it any more, and two or more years away from the game ain't gonna help.

They can be had for cheap, no team needs one specific guy...outside of Minnesota (Peterson) and Seattle (Lynch). The Ravens will be fine without Rice, they won't miss him at all

“Goodell Must Go” banners will fly over four stadiums in Week Two

Posted by Mike Florio on September 13, 2014, 8:06 AM EDT

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/roger-goodell-8.jpg?w=250

The stunning Adrian Peterson child-abuse case trumped what had been the biggest story of the week. But what had been the biggest story of the week could still be the biggest story of the weekend.

According to Bloomberg.com, a women’s advocacy group had arranged for a banner to be flown over four NFL stadiums in Week Two urging the ouster of Commissioner Roger Goodell.

Planes pulling the message “@Ultraviolet: #GoodellMustGo” will fly for two hours before games at MetLife Stadium (Cardinals-Giants), First Energy Field (Saints-Browns), Levi’s Stadium (Bears-49ers), and Lucas Oil Stadium (Eagles-Colts). No-fly restrictions apply at all stadiums one hour before kickoff.

Both Ultraviolet and the National Organization for Women have called for Goodell to resign after the release of the Ray Rice elevator video and the NFL’s efforts to explain what it knew, when it knew it, and why it even needed to know what was on the video in order to understand what Rice knocking his then-fiancée out actually looked like.

:notworthy: :smoke: :ebert: :clap: :banana: :yay: :cheerleader:

The stunning Adrian Peterson child-abuse case trumped what had been the biggest story of the week. But what had been the biggest story of the week could still be the biggest story of the weekend.

According to Bloomberg.com, a women’s advocacy group had arranged for a banner to be flown over four NFL stadiums in Week Two urging the ouster of Commissioner Roger Goodell.

Planes pulling the message “@Ultraviolet: #GoodellMustGo” will fly for two hours before games at MetLife Stadium (Cardinals-Giants), First Energy Field (Saints-Browns), Levi’s Stadium (Bears-49ers), and Lucas Oil Stadium (Eagles-Colts). No-fly restrictions apply at all stadiums one hour before kickoff.

Both Ultraviolet and the National Organization for Women have called for Goodell to resign after the release of the Ray Rice elevator video and the NFL’s efforts to explain what it knew, when it knew it, and why it even needed to know what was on the video in order to understand what Rice knocking his then-fiancée out actually looked like.

The day the NFL starts listening to NOW is the day they should close up shop forever.

• Like 1

The day the NFL starts listening to NOW is the day they should close up shop forever.

I just like the Goodhell must go banner idea! :clap: :banana:

I figured that, but the impetus has to come from within the league not by an outside group, especially one that is overtly anti-male.

• Like 1

I figured that, but the impetus has to come from within the league not by an outside group, especially one that is overtly anti-male.

And insane!

• Like 2

That didn't take long,

They can be had for cheap, no team needs one specific guy...outside of Minnesota (Peterson) and Seattle (Lynch). The Ravens will be fine without Rice, they won't miss him at all

I wouldn't say at all. They need some more power at running back. I don't keep up with them at all but from what I see, their backs don't seem as physical as Rice. Well, how he once was. I don't know how much of a decline he's had.

That didn't take long,

I wouldn't say at all. They need some more power at running back. I don't keep up with them at all but from what I see, their backs don't seem as physical as Rice. Well, how he once was. I don't know how much of a decline he's had.

As far as our team goes we used a couple of first round picks in recent years on running backs, Bush (2006) and Ingram (2011) but our best backs have all been undrafted free agents like Pierre Thomas, Chis Ivory, Joique Bell, and even Darren Sproles was only a 4th round pick. Three out of our current running back corps of four are UDFAs, Thomas, Robinson and Cadet. And this is what I'm saying, there's not much difference now between a RB who was a first round pick and one who was a UDFA.

• Like 1

Denver's defense is pretty atrocious. I don't know who's going to win the AFC. Right now, Cincinnati looks as good as anyone...

Doesn't look good for the Green & Gold.....:doh:

The "new and improved" defense is the same as the old defense!

Doesn't look good for the Green & Gold.....:doh:

The "new and improved" defense is the same as the old defense!

Hang on..... Hang on...... We got us a game!!

Packers 16

Bad Guys 21 (Halftime)

The whole NFC looks like shit today!

For 20 minutes, the Green & Gold looked shitty. Then, they woke up and started playing good football. Packers WIN!! :haz: :haz:

Really?.......

10660341_783330495046974_2143420308778662790_n.jpg?oh=f7d903da83215b318beb6825a7a09135&oe=549AEDEA

The ***skins don't count. :P

:LOL: There's a new "Brady" in town and his name is Kirk Cousins.... :dweez:
  • Like 1

Really?.......

10660341_783330495046974_2143420308778662790_n.jpg?oh=f7d903da83215b318beb6825a7a09135&oe=549AEDEA

Who was it you beat again, the Jags?

I don't think Brady is the kind of role model you want for your quarterback either...

http://campaignoutsider.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/dd57a6_052211brady01.jpg

• Like 1

Really?.......

Who was it you beat again, the Jags?

I don't think Brady is the kind of role model you want for your quarterback either...

http://campaignoutsider.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/dd57a6_052211brady01.jpg

Its the only thing I have to hang my hat on at this point. It was the Jags only that is true but Cousins came in and looked like he belonged from the first snap on. He is a cool customer and if he can stay healthy I really really like what I saw and hope springs eternal. They also sacked the sh*t out of Henne all day long.....

For 20 minutes, the Green & Gold looked shitty. Then, they woke up and started playing good football. Packers WIN!! :haz: :haz:

Yeah...but you were playing the Jets...

The Jets....with a strong defense, a strong running game, and an improved QB named Geno. The Jets are pushovers no longer.

• Like 1