Narp, how goes the delve into the later career?

The Analog Cub

I can't remember how Larger Bowl goes. Is that the one that starts "Though we might have pre-shuss little, it's still pre-shuss"?

That's Bravest Face. It's the only contender to LB for "worst SA song"...

Thank you.

Spindrift and Faithless can't be ignored...

I can't remember how Larger Bowl goes. Is that the one that starts "Though we might have pre-shuss little, it's still pre-shuss"?

That's Bravest Face. It's the only contender to LB for "worst SA song"...

Thank you.

Spindrift and Faithless can't be ignored...

Your batting 500! :LOL:

I came here to complain about S&A. I couldn't even get to the end of The Larger Bowl, and now that Spindrift is on. If you want two songs infinitely worse than The Speed of Love, you've got them.

It is true that Alex saves Spindrift and makes it listen-friendly without having to resort to a bottle of Rolaids at the end of it.

Spindrift is awesome!! :dweez: :D

Its official. Now I love Vapor Trails, SA sits at the bottom alongside FBN and FB. Sorry, not a single track measures up to any of the great songs on CP. Not a single track.

:smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

I came here to complain about S&A. I couldn't even get to the end of The Larger Bowl, and now that Spindrift is on. If you want two songs infinitely worse than The Speed of Love, you've got them.

It is true that Alex saves Spindrift and makes it listen-friendly without having to resort to a bottle of Rolaids at the end of it.

Its official. Now I love Vapor Trails, SA sits at the bottom alongside FBN and FB. Sorry, not a single track measures up to any of the great songs on CP. Not a single track.

What happened to the VT headache?

• Like 1

54 pages?! Narp, have you gotten all the way through CA again yet, or are you gonna like go through all the later live albums and compilations too?

That time of the month came and went. :P

• Like 2

I guess eventually you get used to it? I haven't but maybe some folks do?.....
  • Like 1

54 pages?! Narp, have you gotten all the way through CA again yet, or are you gonna like go through all the later live albums and compilations too?

Who knows? I guess I will do Clockwork Angels if folks care enough. Maybe tomorrow. I can get through that one much easier than VT. Most of it is good and the sound isn't what I like but its not as annoying as VT. The commentary is interesting to me. Not mine but everyone else's.......
  • Like 1

All good threads must come to an end (even mine :D )

Not so fast my friend..... :madra:
  • Like 1

Who knows? I guess I will do Clockwork Angels if folks care enough. Maybe tomorrow. I can get through that one much easier than VT. Most of it is good and the sound isn't what I like but its not as annoying as VT. The commentary is interesting to me. Not mine but everyone else's.......

Dude,

Your my age. How the hell have you not listened to every album? :facepalm: :LOL:

Dude,

Your my age. How the hell have you not listened to every album? :facepalm: :LOL:

I have now but the reason it took until recently is long story and its posted all over this forum.... :)
  • Like 1

Dude,

I have now but the reason it took until recently is long story and its posted all over this forum.... :)

Ok,

Maybe I missed some thing. Any way, in the long run. Nothing will ever stand up to ATWAS!! :haz: :D :7up: :rush:

Not even Corn Dogs :P

Edited by troutman
  • Like 4

Dude,

Ok,

Maybe I missed some thing. Any way, in the long run. Nothing will ever stand up to ATWAS!! :haz: :D :7up: :rush:

Agreed. That is part of the reason. What I like, I really like and am very stubborn to change and try different/new things....

• Like 2

Agreed. That is part of the reason. What I like, I really like and am very stubborn to change and try different/new things....

What some people call stubborn other people call steadfast.

• Like 1

Dude,

Ok,

I understand,

Believe me, I was in total shock with what the band did after that. I just realized their talent and what they were trying to do and pushed themselves to another level as far as talent goes. Looking back, they took on some huge challenges. And now look where they are. :Alex: :Neil: :geddy: :guitar: :rush:

What some people call stubborn other people call steadfast.

Steadfast sounds better and more noble.... :cheers:
  • Like 2

I played the album through better quality speakers, and yeah...I got used to the sound quality.

• Like 1

I played the album through better quality speakers, and yeah...I got used to the sound quality.

Fair enough. Guess I should try that.

Dude,

Ok,

You?? No!!

Haha. :codger:

• Like 2

Dude,

Ok,

I understand,

Believe me, I was in total shock with what the band did after that. I just realized their talent and what they were trying to do and pushed themselves to another level as far as talent goes. Looking back, they took on some huge challenges. And now look where they are. :Alex: :Neil: :geddy: :guitar: :rush:

I agree with you but, as you said earlier, no matter what came after, nothing that did ever came up to AFTK. Nothing. The closest is Clockwork Angels. If they try real hard, they can do it again. But considering what Neil thinks about anything pre-Moving Pictures, I doubt that they will. Must keep the drummer happy.

• Like 2

In fact, it is a bit of a shock to listen to anything from the eighties and nineties, and then go immediately back to the seventies. What is even more shocking, and a lot sadder, to me is to watch a video from the eighties and then pop in CA.
  • Like 1

Ok, playing SA a day after the Narpski listening party. All I can say is: its one solid song after another.

Bored.

I think it's a collection of songs that are better listened to out of the context of the album, which is too long and to similar in tempo. There are great sounds on the album, especially Alex's guitar tone. Lyrically, it's Neil having forgotten the human touch that personal tragedy temporarily graced him with, with his preachier side back in full force. Probably why I listen to the instrumentals more than any of the other songs.

In fact, it is a bit of a shock to listen to anything from the eighties and nineties, and then go immediately back to the seventies. What is even more shocking, and a lot sadder, to me is to watch a video from the eighties and then pop in CA.

:goodone:

I'll take any Rush, pretty much, and I'll keep hoping for more. They always write in good faith, I believe, with maybe the exception of Roll the Bones (song) which they must have known would annoy some fans but they did it anyway. Even Tai Shan probably came from some earnest place in their musical souls. I'm not quite sure if I believe them about not trying to write pop songs. The Speed of Love, fabulous song though it is, seems like it has taken from the pop songwriter's handbook, but again, I think written in good conscience ("it's where they were at the time" and all that). Clockwork Angels, with its return to heaviness and progginess and narrative impulse, may very well be a response to the enthusiasm of their fan-producer, Nick Rascalsinus ('k, I'm not even going to try to spell), and if that's true, I think we have a lot to thank him for.

At any rate, here's to many more years of Rush, more Rush albums, Rush box sets of rare and unreleased tracks, "vault" editions, and bootlegs.

:cheers:

• Like 1