How Many Members Here In The FRONT ROW CLUB?

presto123

This topic could make some people a bit grumbly...lots of people would be in this club because of privileges many of us don't have.

Check out the post "Get me front row" in the Lighted Stage forum...

Uhm I worked two jobs with ONE day off per month while I was saving up for my tickets so don't make it sound like I'm "privileged". I work my ass off for what I want in life. Also, on that one day off that I did have I spent it driving 127 miles each way to go help my 84-year-old grandmother out.

Front row - Anaheim + San Diego 2012

Fourth row - Salt Lake City 2013

Third row - Denver 2013

Anybody that doesn't like it can kiss my exhausted... :moon:

• Like 3

I was up against the stage in front of Geddy for my first show. That was 1979, The ticket was $6.50. It was general admission and I ran and battled my way to the front.

Was front row in 1988. General admission regular price ticket.

I won front row tickets in 1992 along with backstage passes to meet Geddy and Alex.

I sold a kidney and saw them in the front row on the Time Machine tour. (Just kidding about the kidney, but the tickets cost a shitload!)

From now on I'll just take what I get and enjoy the show.

Edited by mandydog
  • Like 1

I was up against the stage in front of Geddy for my first show. That was 1979, The ticket was $6.50. It was general admission and I ran and battled my way to the front.

Was front row in 1988, regular price ticket.

I won front row tickets in 1992 along with backstage passes to meet Geddy and Alex.

I sold a kidney and saw them in the front row on the Time Machine tour. (Just kidding about the kidney, but the tickets cost a shitload!)

From now on I'll just take what I get and enjoy the show.

Tell us about when you met them. Was it a let down? One of the best moments in your life? Did your mind go blank so that when you opened up your mouth to speak you could say nothing?

I guess the days of going backstage after the show are long over since they can't get out of there fast enough now.

• Like 1

My dream is to someday meet the band.

:yes:

And what would you say if you did meet them? I have no clue what I would say—I'd probably sound like a huge dork (which goes without saying, actually). "You guys are so . . . awesome. Your . . . stuff is just . . . so . . . awesome."

I would babble like a douche, I'm sure. Just something on my bucket list to shake Geddy's hand. He has inspired everything I've ever done musically. A simple thank you and a handshake would put me at peace.

Same here. I would probably babble as well. I would just like to have a chance to tell Geddy how much his music has meant to me and how it has influenced my bass playing all these years. To get a handshake or a hug would be a special bonus.

I have always wondered if they really realize how much their music has done for and meant to some of us? I know Geddy has said that he knows their music has been a source of healing to many, but I wonder if they know to what extent? What I would love to do is to get that thread to him that is in the ladies' subforum here and hand it to them and say: "Read it. So you realize what you have saved some of us from. "
  • Like 4

I was on the front row on the Tour Of The Hemispheres (1979, Manchester 2nd night) with my mate Andy. We didn't have front row tickets but the cable for the lighting or mixing desk ran across our seats so as soon as the lights went out for Rush to come on we were ushered to the front row.

Fantastic gig.

• Like 4

I was on the front row on the Tour Of The Hemispheres (1979, Manchester 2nd night) with my mate Andy. We didn't have front row tickets but the cable for the lighting or mixing desk ran across our seats so as soon as the lights went out for Rush to come on we were ushered to the front row.

Fantastic gig.

Tony, did they do Xanadu?

• Like 1

Rush shows in Germany are all general admission, so it's very easy to get a front row spot. First time for me was on the Roll The Bones tour 1992. They played the Unterfrankenhalle in Nuremberg, a very, very small multipurpose hall, which wasn't sold out that night. Great evening and a very good show.

On the last tour they made special front of stage tickets available. The consequence is that only a few hundred people are up front in a zoned area. In Cologne last year there was plenty of room to walk easily to the barrier of the stage.

One of my best front row experiences was in the USA. I traveled to Omaha to see the Time Machine Tour. Without a plan nor ticket I ended up in the front row. I bought the ticket (125 bucks) from a guy on the street, 15 minutes before showtime. It was a great night and I caught a Slobovich shirt from Alex.

Cheers Grey

PS - in case you'll watch the R30 DVD. There's a close-up from me when the credits begin to roll. I'm the guy in the front row with the :rush: flag in his hands.

:haz: :haz: :haz:

• Like 2

One time, June 28, 2011 (TM Tour) and the best thing about it was that I didn't pay an "after market broker" for them. I went online right when the seats went on presale and obviously got in right at the moment they were released. I do belive at that venue that 2 front row seats get opened to 'first come, first served' every time they play there.

By the way, it was my wife's first Rush concert. Talk about spoiled!!

Does anyone look back on the experience as being kind of surreal? It seemed to go by so damned quickly..........

• Like 2

never had front row seat, but ive been in front of the front row many times

808_38385938122_2368_n.jpg

• Like 4

I sat front row at the Presto show in Atlanta. That was back in the day before Ticketmaster. I worked at a record store called “Turtles” and we sold tickets through a system called “Seats.” We were usually able to pull some tickets for employees when they went on sale as long as the first person was buying less than the maximum. There were a couple years where every concert I went to I was within the first 10 rows and often within the first five rows.

I was lucky enough to have front row for a show in Dallas. Spur of the moment thing and drove from Memphis to Dallas that morning and drove right back after the show.

It was around $175..not including gas to get there and back. ;) I met a guy on this site I believe who said if I made the trip the ticket was mine. It was for the R30 tour I think.

Check out my link to all my rush STUFF..I think the ticket stub is in there

http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/glennb21122/slideshow/

Edited by glennb2112

I was fortunate enough to be front row for the Philly show this past tour. Right in front of Alex. Friends on either side of me, fantastic show, some interaction with the guys... epic experience. 3rd row was my best til this tour where I had 2nd and 1st row.

Amazing.

• Like 1

Front row 3 times, 2nd row 3 times, caught a geddy shirt and an Alex shirt, had a meet and greet. All tickets were from ticketmaster type outlets, never paid more than the standard ticket fee. Guess I'm just lucky.