Would you purchase a Rush instrumentals album

toymaker

I believe there was some discussion about this by the band a while ago. The Rush instrumental album would have

La Villa Strangiato

YYZ

Broon's Bane?

Where's My Thing

Leave That Thing Alone

Limbo

The Main Monkey Business

Hope

Malignant Narcissism

Also, there are a lot of songs that have instrumental sections: By-Tor, Didacts and Narpets, Necromancer, 2112 . . . the list goes on. There are a couple of solo Alex things done in concert (new introductions to Closer to the Heart and Halo Effect) and then there are the drum solos... Did I leave anything crucial out?

What would a reasonably complete track list be? Would anything compell you to buy an album that you could easily assemble yourself as a playlist?

Sorry - I'll stop creating new posts for a while. I'm new to the forum and interested to hear what people have to say. I have a few friends who are Rush fans, but they can be over-critical bums sometimes.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to buy an album of instrumentals that have already been released. But an album of all new stuff? Heck yeah!
  • Like 4

Only if it included new instrumentals in addition to the old ones.

Mick

What about, say, two unreleased live versions? Enough of an incentive?

Why am I still up?

I can put together my own album of instrumentals cant see it being much of a pull for most of the already initiated, an album of new instrumentals would certainly be an interesting project but if geds voice ok rather have the usual stuff.

anything new would be great. Just a rumour about anything new would be great actually.

I was deceived into this thinking this would be about new instrumentals.

If it's new instrumentals, hell yes. It's new Rush. Otherwise, no. I already have the old ones.

I agree with most people here that if were a collection of new songs I'd be very interested...otherwise, it is just another compilation album.

That being said, I actually have playlist on my Ipod of all of the Rush instrumental songs already and really like it.

I'm new to the forum and interested to hear what people have to say. I have a few friends who are Rush fans, but they can be over-critical bums sometimes.

You'll be very disappointed if you expect people here to be any different! :LOL:

• Like 3

New instrumentals in a jazz/funky style. Sign me up for that.... :dweez:
  • Like 1

Ya know what scrap the old instrumentals. Give me a full album of new ones. I was disappoint that CA Didn't have a true instrumental. Sure there were instrumental passages but I wanted a full one.

Mick

• Like 1

Ya know what scrap the old instrumentals. Give me a full album of new ones. I was disappoint that CA Didn't have a true instrumental. Sure there were instrumental passages but I wanted a full one.

Mick

Hey, man, we got 3 of them on Snakes and Arrows. I'd consider ourselves lucky lol

• Like 1

Mick

Hey, man, we got 3 of them on Snakes and Arrows. I'd consider ourselves lucky lol

Very true, lol. And great ones at that

Mick

It would be nice for me because I do love their instrumentals. However, nothing is stopping me from doing this on my own and just creating an instrumental playlist on my iTunes. They'd have to release some unheard or new tracks for me to be interested in actually purchasing the album.
  • Like 1

Yeah, I wouldn't want to buy an album of instrumentals that have already been released. But an album of all new stuff? Heck yeah!

:goodone:

I already have my own copy of the released tunes.

• Like 1

Mick

I felt the same way about CA.

• Like 1

It would be nice for me because I do love their instrumentals. However, nothing is stopping me from doing this on my own and just creating an instrumental playlist on my iTunes. They'd have to release some unheard or new tracks for me to be interested in actually purchasing the album.

It's unfortunate that that's what some bands do—they release a greatest hits album with the promise of one or two new songs. Fans buy 'em and discover that the unreleased songs aren't really that great.

It's unfortunate that that's what some bands do—they release a greatest hits album with the promise of one or two new songs. Fans buy 'em and discover that the unreleased songs aren't really that great.

Foo Fighters did that a few years back. The two new songs (Wheels and Word Forward) were pretty awful. They also added an acoustic version of Everlong which is...well...unnecessary.

Thankfully they released Wasting Light a couple of years later, which turned out to be fantastic.

An album of all-new instrumentals? Oh hell yes! Otherwise, meh.

Along that note, I wish they would do a film score or two. I remember someone asking them on Rockline (or some other show) years ago about doing film scores and Geddy and Alex were kinda like "hmmm...!" and I could hear the gears grinding in their heads. ;)

Just no freaking Michael Bay movies.

• Like 1

A whole instrumental album? Intrigued...BUT I LOVE GEDDY SINGING...EVEN ON CA!!

I feel like they would definitely release a lot more new instrumentals as if it were like S&A. However, this time around I think the next album would be half instrumental. I would buy it gladly. I think I read somewhere that originally Peaceable Kingdom from VTs & Headlong Flight (which contains a part called "Take That Lampshade Off Yo Head") were instrumental until Neil had some ideas... I wonder how they would have shaped up...