FIFA World Cup 2014: Brasil

Aikenrooster

Go Mexico!

Yes! Ochoa is the best goal keeper!

Im gonna be watching the game drinking modelo with a bunch of Tejanos at 3, cant wait

So, Brazil vs. The Red Hot Chile Peppers in a battle of South American teams, and Mèxico vs The Netherlands in the round of 16. This World Cup is Awesome!

Awesome indeed. And in a game of life or death tomorrow, Uruguay will face Italy...brace yourselves!

What about these rumors that Germany's Coach Loew and Juergen are very close friends and they may play soft against the U.S. for a draw so that both teams advance?

It's happened before, in 1982 in Spain when Austria and Germany played out a farcical 0-0 draw so both teams could qualify.

Shades of Anschluss, 1936, eh?

• Like 1

So, Brazil vs. The Red Hot Chile Peppers in a battle of South American teams, and Mèxico vs The Netherlands in the round of 16. This World Cup is Awesome!

Awesome indeed. And in a game of life or death tomorrow, Uruguay will face Italy...brace yourselves!

I'm looking forward to this game, should be a real blast. The whole Cup is full of surprises, at least to me and by now. Let's see if the English say good bye with heads held high. :hi: :nya nya:

As for the Germans, they'd better beat the US of A, 'cause the whole country here smells the agreement.

Did any of you watch Brazil vs Cameroon today? Cameroon did play well up to a certain point, but fair play seems a distant concept to them. And Brazil's defense has a weak spot in Dani Alves. The round of 16 against Chile will be a true test of Brazil's capabilities. I think whoever wins this match is in very good shape to reach the final.

What about these rumors that Germany's Coach Loew and Juergen are very close friends and they may play soft against the U.S. for a draw so that both teams advance?

It's happened before, in 1982 in Spain when Austria and Germany played out a farcical 0-0 draw so both teams could qualify.

I remember that.

The Netherlands-Chile match was amazing. The first match I've watched with absolutely no fast-forwarding. I thought Chile out-played the dutch, but were just outmatched in terms of physicality. The Dutch are huge, and play a brutal, punishing style. :blah: Can't say I'm rooting for the orange, at all.

¡Vamos México! 3 goals in 15 minutes! If they score 1 more they'd win the group. Goals at 72,75,82 minutes. VIVA MÉXICO.

¡Orale!

Suarez is a biter! He's got the teeth for it so why not use them?

Talk about an unnecessary play! Both should have been sent off. But all in all I think Uruguay deserved to win and go through.

So far this WC has been dominated by Americans, although France, Holland and Germany are strong contenders as well.

• Like 1

Suarez is a biter! He's got the teeth for it so why not use them?

Talk about an unnecessary play! Both should have been sent off. But all in all I think Uruguay deserved to win and go through.

So far this WC has been dominated by Americans, although France, Holland and Germany are strong contenders as well.

European teams generally under perform in South America. Italy Spain and England going out in the group stage is surprising though.

• Like 1

So, I heard that Greece advanced because of a ridiculous call giving them a penalty shot in extra time, over Ivory Coast 2-1.

Was it as bad as the guys on the radio were saying?

So, I heard that Greece advanced because of a ridiculous call giving them a penalty shot in extra time, over Ivory Coast 2-1.

Was it as bad as the guys on the radio were saying?

I thought it was a definite penalty.