FIFA World Cup 2014: Brasil

Aikenrooster

And the Rolos roll on.

Colombia-Uruguay featured some amazing play by James, the new FIFA wunderkind, but I could have done without all the Colombian diving and whining.

http://zippy.gfycat.com/InsignificantPointedIrishredandwhitesetter.webm

James' shot, already being called the Cup's "most beautiful goal".

Chile's last PK hits the right upright and Brasil advances! Chile is devastated.

A shame. They played great, and were fun to watch. Brazil better up their game for the next round.

I think Chile played MUCH better than Brazil. At the end of the game both teams were exhausted and kinda just passing the ball around waiting for the shootouts. At the end of the day, the team with the biggest tradition in the WC won.

Colombia - Uruguay was a great game apparently - I didn´t watch it because I was catching up on my sleep. James Rodriguez´ two goals were impressive.

On to the next stage then, and Colombia will be a much harder test for Brazil. At this stage in the tournament though, tradition plays an important role, and I think Brazil is going to win again.

Holland - Mexico should be fun tomorrow, but I´m not too keen on Costa Rica - Greece.

Maybe so, but it's extremely hot in the northeast of Brazil, where Fortaleza is located. I wonder who had the idea of having this game at 1pm.

Anyway - Mexico 1 -0 so far. Ay caramba!

Maybe so, but it's extremely hot in the northeast of Brazil, where Fortaleza is located. I wonder who had the idea of having this game at 1pm.

The same corrupt people who gave the 2022 WC to Qatar where it's 122 degrees.

• Like 1

The same corrupt people who gave the 2022 WC to Qatar where it's 122 degrees.

LOL

Refs need to watch robben like a hawk and they should already know that. He's very good at falling once he has lost the advantage. Don't like the call.

Makes up for the obvious missed call against Mexico in the first half that should have been a penalty kick for the Dutch.
  • Like 2

Poor Mexico.

They played well for most of the game, but dialed it way too far back trying to preserve their one-goal lead.

The Dutch kept coming, and it seemed like a matter of time before they got the equalizer.

FWIW, I thought the Robben call was a good call. Unfortunate that it came so late in the game, but it was the right call.

Brazil needs to get its head out of its butt or Colombia will pounce. Yes, Brazil has great talent and confidence, but Colombia seems fearless.