FIFA World Cup 2014: Brasil

Aikenrooster

England got what they deserved and their team of arrogant playboys who are more concerned with their cars, designer suits, hair transplants (Rooney), WAGS and general celebrity bullshit. It wouldn't matter if they were any good, but they simply never deliver. The tabloid hype is laughable every time there's a tournament and they insist on calling this lot the "golden generation", the piss yellow generation would be more accurate.
  • Like 2

How about the Japanese fans who cleaned up the stadium after their game against Greece. :clap: They say it is to show respect for their hosts, nice way to not act like the stereotypical hooligans at some soccer games. I don't know a lot about soccer but have seen some great matches so far. Also love the energy of Brazilian music in the promos :banana: Good luck US team on Sunday :madra:

England got what they deserved and their team of arrogant playboys who are more concerned with their cars, designer suits, hair transplants (Rooney), WAGS and general celebrity bullshit. It wouldn't matter if they were any good, but they simply never deliver. The tabloid hype is laughable every time there's a tournament and they insist on calling this lot the "golden generation", the piss yellow generation would be more accurate.

Can't argue with that.

Time to get back to real football, ducky!

• Like 1

Time to get back to real football, ducky!

Aye! :yes:

• Like 1

Costa Rica defeats Italy 1-0. :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez:

¡Pura vida! ¡Viva el Tico! ¡Viva la America!

The American continent is dominating!

They were dominating in 2010 until all Europeans started to win, and we ended up with an all European final. Let's see what happens this time. Costa Rica is a great surprise, Colombia and Uruguay are doing great, Brazil has the home (and ref) advantage, and Argentina should deliver as well.

They were dominating in 2010 until all Europeans started to win, and we ended up with an all European final. Let's see what happens this time. Costa Rica is a great surprise, Colombia and Uruguay are doing great, Brazil has the home (and ref) advantage, and Argentina should deliver as well.

¡Ojalá!

By the way...even if you don't speak Spanish, my Yankee brethren should watch the Cup from the Univision feed. It just sounds better, and there's nothing like hearing that classic "Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!" He must have been exhausted after the France-Switzerland affair.

• Like 1

Great game between Germany and Ghana today indeed! I may have my issues with FIFA and with Brazil being the host, but football-wise this has been one of the best WCs so far.

By the way, what's the difference between a teabag and England? A teabag lasts longer in a cup!

• Like 7

Great game between Germany and Ghana today indeed! I may have my issues with FIFA and with Brazil being the host, but football-wise this has been one of the best WCs so far.

By the way, what's the difference between a teabag and England? A teabag lasts longer in a cup!

Just curious but why do you have an issue with Brazil being the host? :)

Good joke by the way ;)

I mentioned this in other threads here - my issue with Brazil being the host is that we have terrible health system, public safety and education are at an all time low, and instead of improving all those areas, the government decided to spend billions of taxpayer's money to host a WC.
  • Like 2

That last minute Messi Goal was insane. I thoroughly enjoy watching such a great player. I was to young to appreciate Pele, and in no way am I putting Messi in that spot but I do enjoy watching him play.
  • Like 2

I felt so heartbroken for Iran, yesterday. But, any avid sportswatcher knew it was going to happen. It's so hard for underdogs to pull the upset. Ugh. Iran has a great defense. Technically, I guess they're still alive, if they beat Bosnia, and Argentina beats Nigeria, and Iran has a bigger goal differential.

Greece are a bunch of thugs. I hate that team.

Ghana proves once again why they world class. They pass the ball very crisply and play as a team and attack very aggressively. I thought it was funny that Germany had to pull their old guys off the bench to score.

• Like 2

¡Ojalá!

By the way...even if you don't speak Spanish, my Yankee brethren should watch the Cup from the Univision feed. It just sounds better, and there's nothing like hearing that classic "Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!" He must have been exhausted after the France-Switzerland affair.

Oh, I didn't know Univision had a feed. I love to watch Mexican league play on there. But, I have no chance of understanding that guy when he's talking 100mph.

I felt so heartbroken for Iran, yesterday. But, any avid sportswatcher knew it was going to happen. It's so hard for underdogs to pull the upset. Ugh. Iran has a great defense. Technically, I guess they're still alive, if they beat Bosnia, and Argentina beats Nigeria, and Iran has a bigger goal differential.

Ghana proves once again why they world class. They pass the ball very crisply and play as a team and attack very aggressively. I thought it was funny that Germany had to pull their old guys off the bench to score.

Well, for Iran to have a bigger goal differential, they have to actually score. And they had the fewest completed passes in 50 years. But in theory it is possible.

Well, for Iran to have a bigger goal differential, they have to actually score. And they had the fewest completed passes in 50 years. But in theory it is possible.

Yeah, I know, they play defense, first. But, you know they ended up having quite a few chances in the second half, yesterday, so I guess that approach isn't so wrong.

Do you think we can win today and advance?

Yeah, I know, they play defense, first. But, you know they ended up having quite a few chances in the second half, yesterday, so I guess that approach isn't so wrong.

Thanks for letting me know, I didn't see the game, only the statistics. I guess that's a warning about basing opinions on statistics...my bad.

I'm not an expert on this in any sense of the word, but yes, I think the US will advance...I think they will with a tie if I heard correctly. Considering Portugal lost 4-0 in the first game, they can come out either completely demoralized, or ready to kick ass (being European, my money is on the former). That, as much as anything will determine the outcome. But I really have no clue...

Thanks for letting me know, I didn't see the game, only the statistics. I guess that's a warning about basing opinions on statistics...my bad.

I'm not an expert on this in any sense of the word, but yes, I think the US will advance...I think they will with a tie if I heard correctly. Considering Portugal lost 4-0 in the first game, they can come out either completely demoralized, or ready to kick ass (being European, my money is on the former). That, as much as anything will determine the outcome. But I really have no clue...

Me neither. Ghana looked pretty good, yesterday, so, I think it's fair to say that we beat a good Ghana team. And, I know it's stupid playing this game, but if Ghana drew Germany, and we beat Ghana, and Germany destroyed Portugal, then we should be Portugal. Who knows?

I know one thing: As an American, I have really tried to give soccer a fair chance, and it can be an enjoyable sport to watch, but I still can't get past the "acting like you're hurt" every time an opponent touches you. Ugh. It really puts the referee in a tough spot. I know if I was a referee, I'd start yellow-carding the hell out of divers.

• Like 1

Me neither. Ghana looked pretty good, yesterday, so, I think it's fair to say that we beat a good Ghana team. And, I know it's stupid playing this game, but if Ghana drew Germany, and we beat Ghana, and Germany destroyed Portugal, then we should be Portugal. Who knows?

I know one thing: As an American, I have really tried to give soccer a fair chance, and it can be an enjoyable sport to watch, but I still can't get past the "acting like you're hurt" every time an opponent touches you. Ugh. It really puts the referee in a tough spot. I know if I was a referee, I'd start yellow-carding the hell out of divers.

That logic works as well here as in American football which is: not well. It's all about matchups, style and energy. As far as flops go most of them are harmless and a way to catch a short breather in a game that has no timeouts and nonstop action.

¡Ojalá!

Oh, I didn't know Univision had a feed. I love to watch Mexican league play on there. But, I have no chance of understanding that guy when he's talking 100mph.

The words don't really matter. The rhythm and intonation makes it fun for me.