FIFA World Cup 2014: Brasil

Aikenrooster

Costa Rica go out with their heads held high...this was the best game of the quarter finals, even though it ended with no goals. I hope we at last see a final with Brazil and Argentina, even though it will be tough for Brazil without Neymar.
  • Like 1

Now may Argentina destroy the Dutch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:

We already had a bout in the NHL thread. Must we do it here as well? ;)

:moon: :yes: :P

I'm hoping Holland can get it done this time around. I do feel sorry for one Costa Rica player, Junior Diaz. He has won a few national titles with the team I root for from the "Old Country." I'm glad I won't have to look at their goalkeeper anymore, though. How he managed to escape without at least a yellow card today, I'll never know.

The moment I saw this yesterday I KNEW the .gif was on its way: http://9gag.com/gag/...ADd?sc=worldcup

The one in the middle looks like he's about to have a heart attack. :eh: It will be interesting to see how Germany decides to approach the game against Brazil. Lately, the Germans have been adopting a more defensive style when facing top notch teams. Must-see TV on Tuesday. :popcorn:
  • Like 1

A criticism given a few years ago to Boston Bruins coach Claude Julien also applies to the Costa Rican team (thank God I don't have to watch their boring futbol any more):

They try to win every game 0-0