The Rolling Stones - deep cuts

Ok guys...considering the little amount of love for the Rolling Stones on TRF, I realize how ambitious it might be to expect a huge number of replies to this topic. But I just got their whole discography on mp3 as a "gift" from my intern, and am surprised at how many great non-obvious-or-played-to-death songs they have. Here´s my list of favourites so far:

Hot Stuff

Fingerprint File

Luxury

Can´t Be Seen

Bitch

Happy

Hand of Fate - addictive riff alert!

When the Whip Comes Down

Wanna Hold You

She´s So Cold

Beast of Burden

Too Tough

Hang Fire

Any others you can think of?

I always loved the Stones more than the Beatles (runs for cover under the nearby table in case any TRF members start throwing stuff at me).

Going Home

In Another Land

Jigsaw Puzzle

Gimme Shelter

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Beast Of Burden, Sympathy For The Devil and Wild Horses aren't deep cuts. Those were huge hits for them.

Now, my dad is a huge Rolling Stones fan and I grew up listening to all the old vinyls he had of theirs which was pretty much every album from when they started up through the early 80s. I can list many great deep cuts from them.

Can't You Hear Me Knocking

Jigsaw Puzzle

Salt Of The Earth

Rocks Off

Shine A Light

Memory Motel

One Hit To The Body

Let It Bleed

The Spider And The Fly

Before They Make Me Run

Sway

Dead Flowers

Worried About You

2000 Man

Terrifying

Out Of Control

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

Like Lorraine, I prefer the Stones...I know the Beatles influenced 99% of the bands I like, but I just can´t get into them.

I jujst noticed how many Stones songs with Keith on vocals are among my favourites: Happy, Before they Make Me Run, Wanna Hold You, Slipping Away...I don´t know why I like these songs so much. They sound dated, his voice is horribly out of tune, and the riffs are really tacky on some of them, but I just can´t resist them!

• Like 1

Like Lorraine, I prefer the Stones...I know the Beatles influenced 99% of the bands I like, but I just can´t get into them.

I jujst noticed how many Stones songs with Keith on vocals are among my favourites: Happy, Before they Make Me Run, Wanna Hold You, Slipping Away...I don´t know why I like these songs so much. They sound dated, his voice is horribly out of tune, and the riffs are really tacky on some of them, but I just can´t resist them!

It's only rock and roll...

Why does the Beatles vs. the Rolling Stones comparison always come up? What's it got to do with liking the music?

I think it´s because their stories are kind of parallel, and the British press always fed the rivalry between them - they did the same with Oasis and Blur in the 90´s. But in my book it´s ok to like both.

Why does the Beatles vs. the Rolling Stones comparison always come up? What's it got to do with liking the music?

Who is comparing them? It is a preference. I mentioned them because TRF is filled with those who love The Beatles. I don't know that I've ever seen a thread here on the Stones.

Who is comparing them? It is a preference. I mentioned them because TRF is filled with those who love The Beatles. I don't know that I've ever seen a thread here on the Stones.

What about the Who? I bet more of us here prefer the Who to the Beatles or the Stones. I'm not trying to start anything or hijack the thread. I just find it curious that the Stones can't be brought up without comparing them to the Beatles. Maybe some of it has to do with the Stones bascially remaining a blues based band that tended to avoid the more "progressive" side of popular music?

Back the Stones...