A Show Of Hands DVD

YYZumbi

Hey.

I just saw the A Show Of Hands DVD for the first time in a VERY long time. And I must say that even thou its not the best quality, and they are showing all the annoying movies in the songs, its a very cool concert!

Geddy and Alex seems to have a great time, and they are having fun, it was really funny during 2112, when Geddy shall start to sing "And the meek shall inherit the earth." and Alex fails with the guitar, and then Geddy just point at him, like its all his fault. :P

I do have a question thou.

In the beginning of La Villa Strangiato, Alex is saying something, but they have censored it, and put a message on the screen that says: Producers apology. The vocal portion of this segment has been deleted due to the sensitive and inexplicable nature of the subject matter and for the protection and safety of our viewing audience. Thank you!

Is it someone that was on this concert, and know what he said? I really wanna know. :( I love when Alex joke around, so it sucks that they censor it out!

• Like 1

Hey.

I just saw the A Show Of Hands DVD for the first time in a VERY long time. And I must say that even thou its not the best quality, and they are showing all the annoying movies in the songs, its a very cool concert!

Geddy and Alex seems to have a great time, and they are having fun, it was really funny during 2112, when Geddy shall start to sing "And the meek shall inherit the earth." and Alex fails with the guitar, and then Geddy just point at him, like its all his fault. :P

I do have a question thou.

In the beginning of La Villa Strangiato, Alex is saying something, but they have censored it, and put a message on the screen that says: Producers apology. The vocal portion of this segment has been deleted due to the sensitive and inexplicable nature of the subject matter and for the protection and safety of our viewing audience. Thank you!

Is it someone that was on this concert, and know what he said? I really wanna know. :( I love when Alex joke around, so it sucks that they censor it out!

I only wish I knew what he was saying. I've tried.

Whatever it was, it must've been pretty bad. The audio I have doesn't even include the song at all.

It must have been terribly bad...horrible almost....or...possibly....the whole thing...might...just...be...a...joke.

That's nice.

This is one thing Rush fans have been trying to figure out forever. I wouldn't be surprised whatsoever if this is just a practical joke from the boys. Their sense of humor never ceases to confuse everybody.

Harry Satchel is way funnier.

Also: raccoon hair Geddy with his horrible Wal basses. No thank you. Probably my least favorite live offering from them after Exit Stage Left (the album, the video of ESL makes it better)
  • Like 1

I think Alex was just singing his "normal" backup vocals. Since he's no threat to Lucianno Pavoratti, I think all of his background vocals were edited out of the finished product. Since on the VIDEO, there's a clear shot of him singing, they had to do something creative so people wouldn't see lips moving but no voice. Hence the joke.

Clem

"It's more spontaneous babbling! You get kinda goofy at the end of a show, especially near the end of a lengthy tour. That was just crazy rambling, verbal farting. It was Geddy's idea to put it on the video." - Alex Lifeson,
Kerrang
No. 388, April 18, 1992

"That's kind of a joke, but it doesn't seem like many people are getting that joke. Actually, Alex, at certain parts of that song, would just start rambling into the microphone - all kinds of various nonsense, and it actually never got recorded anywhere. So no one had any idea, including him, what he had actually said. But we loved the shot of him just ranting into this microphone, so we decided we would put up this bogus 'radioactive' warning about the fact that we had 'censored' what he had said, and we thought we did it in kind of an obvious way - it looked like it was phony, because we put the radioactivity symbols right on the screen, but nobody seems to be getting that." - Geddy Lee,
Rockline
, December 4, 1989

• Like 6

I'll give you the reason why this DVD is worth owning. 2 words......Prime Mover.

Mick

I'll give you 3 words: In The Mood.

I'll give you the reason why this DVD is worth owning. 2 words......Prime Mover.

Mick

2 more words....No thanks :P lol

Mick

Mick

Mick

Mick

One word: Okay :D

Mick

Mick

Mick

Haha.....i'm just not one for anything from the debut. But hey....rock on.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

Mick

Mick

Heh! One more and that's it..! :P 4 words: Closer To The Heart ;)

Mick

Mick

Mick

Mick

Heh! One more and that's it..! :P 4 words: Closer To The Heart ;)

Not that.....I can't argue with. :notworthy:

Mick

Been awhile since we've had a thread on this subject. Used to pop up every 6 months or so.

I got the X-Rated version: A Show Of Glands.

Mine's even more X-rated: A Show Of Glans.

• Like 3