A Show Of Hands DVD

YYZumbi

One Word:"2112"!!!!! Poor Geddy ha the look on his sweet face when Alex messed up!!!!!! "Alex, you nitwit!!!!"
  • Like 2

I'll give you the reason why this DVD is worth owning. 2 words......Prime Mover.

Mick

I'll give you 3 words: In The Mood.

I'll give you the reason why this DVD is worth owning. 2 words......Prime Mover.

Mick

I'll give you 3 words: In The Mood.

2 more words....No thanks :P lol

Mick

One word: Okay :D

Haha.....i'm just not one for anything from the debut. But hey....rock on.

Mick

Heh! One more and that's it..! :P 4 words: Closer To The Heart ;)

Not that.....I can't argue with. :notworthy:

Mick

:D !

I like watching the movie, the album is pretty pointless though

Except for Turn the Page! Those bass pedals get the volume they deserve on the Show of Hands album

I think it's a shame we don't have better videos of them from years ago. I would love to have a good quality concert from about 76 or so. At the very least, somebody needs to contact The Doctor and have him take the Tardis and an iPhone back a few decades and get one for us. :LOL:
  • Like 2

One Word:"2112"!!!!! Poor Geddy ha the look on his sweet face when Alex messed up!!!!!! "Alex, you nitwit!!!!"

That was actually my favorite part of the whole DVD. I love seeing that they're human and make glaring mistakes from time to time, and also that they can laugh about it.

• Like 1

I think it's a shame we don't have better videos of them from years ago. I would love to have a good quality concert from about 76 or so. At the very least, somebody needs to contact The Doctor and have him take the Tardis and an iPhone back a few decades and get one for us. :LOL:

Right now I am listening to Xanadu from, a 1978 concert A Desert Passage. Considering the year and the limited technology, it sounds pretty good. :wub:

• Like 2

Right now I am listening to Xanadu from, a 1978 concert A Desert Passage. Considering the year and the limited technology, it sounds pretty good. :wub:

Is that the show when the stage is about to collapse so everybody needs to back up? I love that show.

Well, I didn't have the DVD, laserdisc or CD…I downloaded it to my iPhone, ( :) ) but ASOH is awesome. I didn't get Lock and Key, Prime Mover, La Villa Strangiato, 2112, TSoR, Tom Sawyer, In the Mood, or CTTH though. But I got Subdivisions. Yay… :|

But it was great. It sounds good, Geddy's voice was good, Neil was…well, Neil, and well, Alex sounded like a classic mid-80s, Bon Jovi-esque guitarist. Good song selection, but there were quite a few I missed out on.

Edited by Disk98
  • Like 1

Is that the show when the stage is about to collapse so everybody needs to back up? I love that show.

I didn't listen to the whole thing yesterday. I'll let you know.

I didn't listen to the whole thing yesterday. I'll let you know.

"It would be a big bummer. You speak English? Step back."

Haha

I was there in the second row and he kept repeating:

o-qua tangin wann qua omsa lagee wann.

wow thats an inside joke.

http://www.rileymartin.com/images/riley_studio.jpg

I was there in the second row and he kept repeating:

o-qua tangin wann qua omsa lagee wann.

wow thats an inside joke.

http://www.rileymartin.com/images/riley_studio.jpg

From Stern? Not that inside.

I like the studio versions of Prime Mover and Territories but found they were not as good on ASOH.

Interesting...I thought the exact opposite.

For me, ASOH really brought those songs alive (especially Territories).

• Like 1

You mean this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VFG0PEIa8Y

You mean this?

If only there was a concert video for any tour from Kings to Waves. Rush in their absolute prime (not to mention the insane setlists). Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch

You mean this?

That is great. Thanks for sharing.

You mean this?

That's a cool video but I mean the quality of the ones we have today.

I'll give you two words - GEDDY LEE. Speaking for myself, and I do emphasize that as I know the ladies here have different ideas, Geddy never looked as sexy either before or since that concert. Something was going on with him around that time. What it was, only he knows.

Again, in my opinion, after that concert tour, they all changed a lot look-wise. A Show of Hands was their swan song to the sweetness :wub: of their youth.

I'll give you two words - GEDDY LEE. Speaking for myself, and I do emphasize that as I know the ladies here have different ideas, Geddy never looked as sexy either before or since that concert. Something was going on with him around that time. What it was, only he knows.

Again, in my opinion, after that concert tour, they all changed a lot look-wise. A Show of Hands was their swan song to the sweetness :wub: of their youth.

Was that about the time Geddy started wearing his glasses and cut his hair shorter?