2014 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

Jays take 3 out of 4 from the BoSox with today's win!!! Onto Yankee Stadium for the Jays - here's hoping they can finally win there. Go Jays!!! :dweez: :cheerleader:

Good luck with that.

Well thank you for your kind wishes and being a good sport. Jays take 2 out of 3 at Yankee Stadium. Awesome! Go Jays! :ebert:

Jays head to Beantown next.

A great series! They finally win in NY! :yay: It's great to see some life and some fight in them.

Go Blue Jays! :yay: :cheerleader:

• Like 2

Jays take 3 out of 4 from the BoSox with today's win!!! Onto Yankee Stadium for the Jays - here's hoping they can finally win there. Go Jays!!! :dweez: :cheerleader:

Good luck with that.

Well thank you for your kind wishes and being a good sport. Jays take 2 out of 3 at Yankee Stadium. Awesome! Go Jays! :ebert:

Jays head to Beantown next.

Sigh…well, at least there's plenty of season left. Good luck to you and your Jays.

And at the end of 7, it's Toronto 14, Boston 1.

Hope Big Papi knocks one out, I'd love to see the bat toss.

The new plate blocking rule is a joke. See the play linked here at about 15 seconds in and try to argue otherwise.

http://mlb.mlb.com/m...lb_1&mode=video

You have to click on the linked video and then choose the Howard safe at home video to the right.

Yeah,

I hate that stupid rule. Plus, umpires take all that time to have some one in NY decide the call. He had a path too the plate and chose to go around the catcher instead of sliding. Either way, he wasn't going to score.

I hope we trade for Lester :yes:

Pirates buyers and Red Sox sellers........gotta love it

• Like 1

Renters, maybe. I heard he wants $24 m/yr to stay in Boston. But I hope you guys get him if it helps you knock off the Evil Empire (NL Edition) out of the playoffs...

• Like 1

Revis and Browner are apparently looking phenomenal in camp so far.

Hope they can carry your aging and increasingly inaccurate QB...well, actually no I don't.

The A's won in classic fashion tonight, using small ball to score six in the top iof the 9th to beat the Astros! :dweez:

It's their 11th win this season after being down after the 7th.

For Christ's sake the Cubs are painful to watch.

It's the 13th inning. You have runners on first and second with one out. I'm failing to understand why Rick Renteria felt compelled to throw Jake Arrieta out there to bunt the runners over. We just gave them an out.

He struck out. Which led to Bonifacio striking out. So that was an enormous wasted opportunity. Onward to the 15th :rage:

Okay, I'll take the win.

Longest game in Cubs franchise history. I can handle managing like a lunatic if it ultimately gets us a win.

It's the 13th inning. You have runners on first and second with one out. I'm failing to understand why Rick Renteria felt compelled to throw Jake Arrieta out there to bunt the runners over. We just gave them an out.

He struck out. Which led to Bonifacio striking out. So that was an enormous wasted opportunity. Onward to the 15th :rage:

T

The Dodgers received a second basemen from the Cubs yesterday. Is he any good?

T

Barney? Good to great defensive second baseman. Total offensive cipher.

• Like 1

You guys are evidently the front runners. Likely sending Josh Bell or Austin Meadows to the Sox.

Sorry LABT but apparently your beloved Cards are in the hunt too. I'll call Ben Cherington and see what I can do.

Revis and Browner are apparently looking phenomenal in camp so far.

Hope they can carry your aging and increasingly inaccurate QB...well, actually no I don't.

They might not, but word is that James White may.

Tannehill should enjoy seeing them though.

Well, if the playoffs started today, the Pirates would be in! Started out 18-26. Liriano is finally pitching again. 8-3 since all star break even with Mccutchen slumping

Id really like another starting pitcher

Well, if the playoffs started today, the Pirates would be in! Started out 18-26. Liriano is finally pitching again. 8-3 since all star break even with Mccutchen slumping

You can have one.

It will cost you though. Lester was a stud in the playoffs last year. How much would you pay to have a significantly better chance to make it to the Series? How much do you think the Cards would pay?

You can have one.

It will cost you though. Lester was a stud in the playoffs last year. How much would you pay to have a significantly better chance to make it to the Series? How much do you think the Cards would pay?

Well, the pirates have as good of prospects to deal as anyone, however, we are pretty stingy. The last 2 years we made deals at the deadline, but were not big time. I think we could make the playoffs with our current roster, but I dont see us going very far without another stud pitcher.

At this point, I could live with us dealing a couple top shelf prospects. The cards dont need starting pitching as much as we do, they really need a bat.

You can have one.

Well, the pirates have as good of prospects to deal as anyone, however, we are pretty stingy. The last 2 years we made deals at the deadline, but were not big time. I think we could make the playoffs with our current roster, but I dont see us going very far without another stud pitcher.

At this point, I could live with us dealing a couple top shelf prospects. The cards dont need starting pitching as much as we do, they really need a bat.

The media guys around here say it's really between you guys and the Cards. The A's and Mariners, and even the Brewers, are on the periphery.

You don't have room for Bell or Meadows on your roster. Open up your wallet. :)

T

Yeah,

I was in a hurry yesterday and browsed an article on him. Some record tying errrorless innnng streak. Doesn't hurt to sure up the defense when some one goes down.

T

Yeah,

I was in a hurry yesterday and browsed an article on him. Some record tying errrorless innnng streak. Doesn't hurt to sure up the defense when some one goes down.

He's hot garbage.

If you use him as a late-inning defensive replacement, you'll get value. Otherwise, he won't give you much. Very bad offensively.