Permanent Waves released on this day, 34 years ago

Brucey

Biblical album. Pure rush at their awesome best. Not a single note out of place. Composed by the gods. even the artwork magnificent. we truly are not worthy :)
  • Like 4

I would venture to guess also that I had a previous engagement the day Presto was released. Whatever day and year that was..... :D-13:
  • Like 1

Don't know if I had it the first day but I had it the first week.

Perfection from the first listen.

• Like 3

I love Permanent Waves. One of the few albums in the world I could call flawless (and one of only two Rush albums, the other being AFTM).
  • Like 3

I prefer this album to MP. I don't know why, but I'm falling out of love with MP lately. It kinda hurts!
  • Like 2

I learned about the band a few months later, in April. The album holds a dear place in my heart.

As it should. People tend to sh*t on side 2 of 2112 but I believe that 4 album run of 2112 - Permanent Waves to be as great as it gets. No crap or fillers to be found in my view. Yes, Moving Pictures is excellent too, in its own way, but just different great..... :)
  • Like 3

I learned about the band a few months later, in April. The album holds a dear place in my heart.

As it should. People tend to sh*t on side 2 of 2112 but I believe that 4 album run of 2112 - Permanent Waves to be as great as it gets. No crap or fillers to be found in my view. Yes, Moving Pictures is excellent too, in its own way, but just different great..... :)

I enjoy the second side of 2112 immensely! As for that streak from 2112 to PeW, I agree. I think they are all amazing albums, although lately Signals through to PoW has been giving it a good old run for its money!

• Like 1

I enjoy the second side of 2112 immensely! As for that streak from 2112 to PeW, I agree. I think they are all amazing albums, although lately Signals through to PoW has been giving it a good old run for its money!

I can see that, but its just a different sound. I like chocolate ice cream and cookies and cream about the same. They are both classic flavors but taste nothing alike...... :)
  • Like 2

Permanent Waves is an album I thought every Rush fan knew?

Get it now TM!

Permanent Waves really is flawless, honestly. I like it because it has a hint of 70's in it, but you can sort of tell they were changing it up and going into a new era of sound.
  • Like 4

I enjoy the second side of 2112 immensely! As for that streak from 2112 to PeW, I agree. I think they are all amazing albums, although lately Signals through to PoW has been giving it a good old run for its 6money!

I can see that, but its just a different sound. I like chocolate ice cream and cookies and cream about the same. They are both classic flavors but taste nothing alike...... :)

For me its more like port and sherry: I don't care which one's which, all I want is something to drink NOW!

But

Permanent Waves is an album I thought every Rush fan knew?

Get it now TM!

I'm nervous because of the cover...seems explicit

Hope he doesn't turn around.....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6c/Rush_Hemispheres.jpg

• Like 2