Thoughts on Snakes and Arrows?

The Analog Cub

It's been 6 years since this album was released, and we've been through another album, the remixing of another, and a handful of live albums, so I'm curious how this album sitting with everyone currently.

While I think Clockwork Angels blows Snakes and Arrows out of the water, I still think Snakes and Arrows is a very solid album. I mean, it has its clunker (Bravest Face) but the album as a whole is still ranked around middle-of-the-pack for me. I like it better than Vapor Trails, yet Vapor Trails is also very good.

Thoughts?

I've never heard it. Is it any good? :huh: :D-13:

It's awesome. You should get it now.

Is Vapor Trails awesome too? :huh:

I think it is definitely one of their worst albums. Test for Echo is the only one that might be worse. Having said that, it's still a decent album with some strong songs on it
  • Like 1

I love it......lots, lol. I adored the folky elements to it. The production was great There's only a couple songs i don't like.........Bravest Face and Good First. I'm one of the very few who thought CA was a step down. So yea i really enjoy this album.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

I think it's got some of the best production value of any RUSH album, and some great songs. The instrumentals are top notch. Bravest Face is a dud, and Spindrift simply irritates, but then there are tracks like Workin' Them Angels that make my top songs list. Some of the tracks, like The Way The Wind Blows, fall into the "great song, bad chorus" trap that many later RUSH songs get caught up in. Overall, I like it more than Clockwork, but I know I'm in a minority here.
  • Like 2

Is there anybody out there who actually likes Far Cry now? I think everyone thought it was one of their best at first but the love for it seems to have faded since it's been a concert staple for the past 3 tours.

It's still good......tired yes. But i never mind hearing.

Mick

• Like 2

Is there anybody out there who actually likes Far Cry now? I think everyone thought it was one of their best at first but the love for it seems to have faded since it's been a concert staple for the past 3 tours.

I never liked it until I saw it live on CA tour

• Like 1

If you take Caravan, Headlong Flight, and The Garden off of Clockwork Angels it's pretty forgettable. I think Snakes & Arrows is a better album overall. Better songs and better production. Though I've kind of gotten tired of Far Cry just because it's been played so much. I usually skip it when it comes up on my phones music rotation.

If you take Caravan, Headlong Flight, and The Garden off of Clockwork Angels it's pretty forgettable. I think Snakes & Arrows is a better album overall. Better songs and better production. Though I've kind of gotten tired of Far Cry just because it's been played so much. I usually skip it when it comes up on my phones music rotation.

Now that's heresy...... :sarcastic:
  • Like 1

From the man who has never even heard Snakes & Arrows. :LOL:

• Like 2

From the man who has never even heard Snakes & Arrows. :LOL:

Touche' my dear.......... :LOL:
  • Like 1

I enjoy Far Cry, MalNar, Main Monkey, and a couple other songs (it's been a long time since I heard it so I forget which ones) but overall despite the handful of songs I like whenever I try and listen to the album I end up getting bored of it.

It's not bad but it's just a little too slow in some spots for me. It's probably down there among my least favorite Rush albums.

• Like 5

I enjoy Far Cry, MalNar, Main Monkey, and a couple other songs (it's been a long time since I heard it so I forget which ones) but overall despite the handful of songs I like whenever I try and listen to the album I end up getting bored of it.

It's not bad but it's just a little too slow in some spots for me. It's probably down there among my least favorite Rush albums.

my thoughts exactly!