What is your favorite Lerxst Solo?

agubrizbassman

The Necromancer

I wish I could "like" this post three times - once for each of the three killer solos in The Necromancer. I'm curious to know which of the solos is your favorite?

The whole section from about 5:30 to 8:30. :haz:

No doubt about it that Between The Wheels is my favorite solo. Always has been and I doubt that will ever change. Goosebumps every time I hear it.

Stole my answer, I couldn't agree more.

That, or Grand Designs.

If you are going Power Windows, I like Emotion Detector or Marathon. Grand Designs is pretty cool as well:)

Nice call on Emotion Detector. One of the best solos on an album full of great ones.

Even though GUP was smothered in keybaords, Alex had some great guitar solos throughout the album. Distant early warning, The body electric, Kid gloves, and between the wheels are all some of my faves. A passage to bangkok, strangiato, freewill, and AFTK are some others.

Lately, for me, it's been The Garden. I love his tone, his phrasing and his melody and I see a soaring bird in my mind's eye when I hear it.

La Villa (Lerxst in Wonderland) has always been my favourite from Alex. I can *feel* his guitar.

The entire album "Caress Of Steel".
  • Like 1

The solo at the end of Mission is my favorite. So much emotion in that solo.

Oh definitely! I prefer the studio version of the song, but I have to say that the ASOH live tune really is very good!