Would you want to watch a Clockwork Angels or even a 2112 Movie???

agubrizbassman

I don't know about you guys, i think it will be not that bad of an idea, i know a lot want to see these stories written by Neil come to life, but it would take a lot of effort to do them, what do you guys think...

I'd definitely see it, even if the reviews are horrible. In fact, the worse they are, the more I would probably enjoy them. Maybe not in the theater, though, as I was already in a theater full of angry Rush fans on Monday and I don't want to repeat the experience. :scared:
  • Like 1

I think Clockwork Angels could make an excellent big budget anime, in the vein of Laputa Castle In The Sky with the budget of Steamboy.

I think 2112 could have been an amazing eighties sci-fi flick. I think in the hands of Ridley Scott, with Harrison Ford as the hero we could have had a major cult classic on our hands! Oh, how I would love that! With the darkness of Blade Runner and the visual inventiveness of Legend it could have been breathtaking. What a loss...the temple priests would make wonderful movie villains.

The Cygnus songs could have been wonderful Star Trek style tv shows...and the Fear series could have been used as a basis for an interesting set of short movies portraying each element. Witch Hunt and Freeze would both fascinate me!

There was already a 30 minute or so animated film made in '85 called 'The Body Electric' which featured music from the band. It was sooooo popular and beloved that most Rush fans don't know of its existence and almost nobody has a copy.

If there ever was a film [that's not a documentary] made, I'd want a semi-biographical one depicting their lives from '70/'71 up to the release of 2112. I'm imagining something along the lines of Almost Famous MINUS the groupies and traveling writer sidekick angle. Imagine the bands they toured with. Imagine (or remember) the decade itself. There's a story there that's much more interesting than Clockwork Angels or 2112.

:blaze:

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 2

There was already a 30 minute or so animated film made in '85 called 'The Body Electric' which featured music from the band. It was sooooo popular and beloved that most Rush fans don't know of its existence and almost nobody has a copy.

Is it sad that I have this bookmarked? :LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVZ5cKHHuhw

• Like 2

Why have I never heard of this? Why is this not, at the very least, an extra on a live dvd from the era?

Thaaaaanks!

• Like 1

Why have I never heard of this? Why is this not, at the very least, an extra on a live dvd from the era?

Thaaaaanks!

You haven't heard of it because it's pretty forgettable.

Perhaps it's not on a live dvd from that era due to actual rights of that film. Just because it's Rush-connected doesn't mean it's Rush-owned. If I made a Rush film/comic/book/whatever, that doesn't mean the band can slap it on anything official of theirs without some effort. Besides, MAYBE the band doesn't really like that film soooooo they've distanced themselves from it.

It was neat seeing that Body Electric video. Especially being Canadian as I practically grew up with that art style in the late 90s (mostly during Christmas specials). The only thing I could not stop focusing on though was how they seemed to predict the fashion of the 90s, in the 80s, in Canada. Is that weird to anyone else?
  • Like 1

Somebody posted this movie a few years ago.

It's pretty bad.

As for 2112 or CA....I don't think 2112 would be all that great but you could do something with CA....Not sure whether either could be worth seeing though.

Edited by OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan

Somebody should do a Clockwork Angels movie and call it Episode 2113. In a few years they could release Episode 2112 - The Beginning. They have plenty of numbers left for the possible 2111 continuations. I smell cash. :facepalm:
  • Like 1

Clockwork Angels wouldn't be good as a movie... it's not a really cinematic plot; it's just a guy who does a bunch of different things and ends up reflecting on his life when he got older. No real climax.

2112 would be better, but it would need some fleshing out... and de-emphasize the whole finding the guitar thing, it just reeks too much of '70s-80s rock'n'roll fantasy schtick. ;)

Clockwork Angels wouldn't be good as a movie... it's not a really cinematic plot; it's just a guy who does a bunch of different things and ends up reflecting on his life when he got older. No real climax.

2112 would be better, but it would need some fleshing out... and de-emphasize the whole finding the guitar thing, it just reeks too much of '70s-80s rock'n'roll fantasy schtick. ;)

Hey man! I was printed, bound and loved by all as a poduct of the nineties and I will tell you now that the scene where he discovers the guitar would rock my world! I love it! Bring on the cheese...

I really wish 2112 could have heen made in the 80's. So much cheese from that decade...I would love it! Sort of like a blend of Blade Runner and The Dark Crystal meets Flash Gordon with a Dune style soundtrack. Only with Rush and not my beloved cheese balls Toto doing it.

Gotta love me some cheese.