The Little Details that Make the CA Tour CD Awesomer

LedRush

So, what little things did you notice in the CA Tour CD that made it more awesome?

We all know that the boys played well and the sound is quite good and that Geddy was on those nights. But what are the littler things you appreciated?

So, what little things did you notice in the CA Tour CD that made it more awesome?

We all know that the boys played well and the sound is quite good and that Geddy was on those nights. But what are the littler things you appreciated?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought you were complaining about the vocals a week ago. Change of heart?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought you were complaining about the vocals a week ago. Change of heart?

Change of format. Many of the vocals on those horrible quality MP3s were not previewed, and on a couple of the songs they did have, Geddy didn't sound great (Force Ten, for example). Geddy doesn't sound awesome on everything, but he nailed so much of it I'm ecstatic. So much better than I expected.

Edited by LedRush

Change of format. Many of the vocals on those horrible quality MP3s were not previewed, and on a couple of the songs they did have, Geddy didn't sound great (Force Ten, for example). Geddy doesn't sound awesome on everything, but he nailed so much of it I'm ecstatic. So much better than I expected.

I agree. When I listened to the CD I was bracing for some shaky vocals, but those are few and far between. I thought Ged nailed a lot of those 80's tunes. Playing wise the guys are off the chains on this one. An energy that was missing on some of their recent releases.

The fact that they put the entire show on the disc(s) - including the "songs not played from the show that were performed at other shows". I think they've done this from every tour since Vapor Trails. Not many bands "take care" of their fans like this.

• Like 1

The fact that they put the entire show on the disc(s) - including the "songs not played from the show that were performed at other shows". I think they've done this from every tour since Vapor Trails. Not many bands "take care" of their fans like this.

Yeah, that's a cool feature, also putting the Limelight sound check in was a nice touch!

This is just my opinion, but despite the drums being lower in the mix like in Time Machine 2011, the snare sounds way better on CA Tour than on TM 2011...IDK for me the snare on that one screams borderline St. Anger to me. (R30 still has the best snare sound on the live CDs since RiR). Oh and also, the fact that this CD has Where's My Thing, The Pass, and half of the Power Windows songs (which were all on my bucket list of songs I'd love to hear live) makes this CD the best since R30.

I really enjoy the last couple of moments through TS where Alex is interacting with the audience... After the line "The world is, the world is/

Love and life are deep/Maybe as his eyes are wide" he either says "What is that supposed to mean anyways?" or "Did I play that right?" I can't figure out what he says but after that he is just pretty hysterical...

Also bass solo at the beginning of Where's My Thing? and the section in Headlong Flight where it transitions to "The days were dark and the nights were bright, hey man blah blah..." That is a great scene with the guys at center stage jamming

Edited by pfrushfan0122

Alex pantomiming the Tom Sawyer lyrics is always good for a laugh. "Today's Tom Sawyer he gets high on you..."

When Geddy sings "Today's Tom Sawyer he gets high on you.." Alex points at Geddy, then says 'Not me'... priceless.

I love Alex's little embellishments.

• Like 1