Official KC Chiefs Thread!

goose

Oh dear lord. They roll off five in a row and their next five look winnable.

I have been down this road before many times as a Chief fan.

Trust me, a hot KC team going into the playoffs is still a KC team going into the playoffs.

My prediction: They end up 10-6, make the playoffs, and lose in the Wild Card Round.

Please, listen to me here.... KC fan since BSD (before Steve DeBerg).... I know of what I speak. I am not saying I am a prophet..... actually, no.... I am a freaking KC Chiefs oracle.... write it down folks... 10-6, out in the WC.

Chiefs over Colts

Chiefs over Cheaters

But can they win the AFC Championship game?

Trust me, a hot KC team going into the playoffs is still a KC team going into the playoffs.

My prediction: They end up 10-6, make the playoffs, and lose in the Wild Card Round.

Please, listen to me here.... KC fan since BSD (before Steve DeBerg).... I know of what I speak. I am not saying I am a prophet..... actually, no.... I am a freaking KC Chiefs oracle.... write it down folks... 10-6, out in the WC.

How about Lenny, Lanier, Bell, and of course Fred Arbanas...

• Like 2

How about Lenny, Lanier, Bell, and of course Fred Arbanas...

Hate the Chiefs,

But those were great players. Go Raiders!! :madra:

• Like 1

Chiefs over Colts

Chiefs over Cheaters

They are the Chiefs, they will fold like a warm tortilla in the playoffs.

Chiefs over Colts

Chiefs over Cheaters

Those were the old Chiefs. They have Andy Reid as coach now.

Oh, wait...

• Like 3

Chiefs over Colts

Chiefs over Cheaters

Those were the old Chiefs. They have Andy Reid as coach now.

Oh, wait...

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Marty Schottenheimer = Andy Reid. They are Mandy Schottenreid.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime

What up, people! Chiefs be rollin'

Careful. That's how they "get ya."

As WATT said above...this is how the Chiefs operate. Get your hopes up by fielding a moderately competitive team, then show their true colors when they meet a team that's a notch or two above them in quality.

No World Series/Superbowl sweep for Kansas City this year.

• Like 1

As WATT said above...this is how the Chiefs operate. Get your hopes up by fielding a moderately competitive team, then show their true colors when they meet a team that's a notch or two above them in quality.

Almost inexplicably, despite losing 5 in a row, the Chiefs control their own destiny. They are in a 3 way lock of 7-5 for the WC seats, but hold the head-to-to head tiebreaker over Pitt and, assuming they win out (the whole "controlling your own destiny" thing), the conference record tie breaker over NYJ.

The universe is aligning for my prediction.... a WC spot and a first round exit.

These are my KC Chiefs. My only regret is they will exceed their traditional 9-7 record.

You can't spell "hapless freaking mediocrity" without "c-h-i-e-f-s".

• Like 2

Almost inexplicably, despite losing 5 in a row, the Chiefs control their own destiny. They are in a 3 way lock of 7-5 for the WC seats, but hold the head-to-to head tiebreaker over Pitt and, assuming they win out (the whole "controlling your own destiny" thing), the conference record tie breaker over NYJ.

The universe is aligning for my prediction.... a WC spot and a first round exit.

These are my KC Chiefs. My only regret is they will exceed their traditional 9-7 record.

At this point I think the Chiefs have to be considered the frontrunner for the conference championship. The Cheatriots are in freefall, the Bengals are notorious playoff customers, and the Broncos have an untested QB.

• Like 1

At this point I think the Chiefs have to be considered the frontrunner for the conference championship. The Cheatriots are in freefall, the Bengals are notorious playoff customers, and the Broncos have an untested QB.

http://kctv.images.worldnow.com/images/8793866_G.jpg

I miss Alex Smith...

:(

Alex Smith says Chargers were 'trying to headhunt'

After the game, quarterback Alex Smith was sounding off about some of the played he did not take kindly to. At one point, Smith was screaming in the face of San Diego safety Jahleel Addae after a perceived late hit to the head once Smith slid on a scramble.

http://arrowheadaddi...ng-to-headhunt/

Oh...and Alex's streak of passes without an interception comes to an end at 312. Not a bad run.

Edited by goose

I miss Alex Smith...

:(

Alex Smith says Chargers were 'trying to headhunt'

After the game, quarterback Alex Smith was sounding off about some of the played he did not take kindly to. At one point, Smith was screaming in the face of San Diego safety Jahleel Addae after a perceived late hit to the head once Smith slid on a scramble.

http://arrowheadaddi...ng-to-headhunt/

Oh...and Alex's streak of passes without an interception comes to an end at 312. Not a bad run. And speaking of run...Alex had 40 yards. The entire Chargers offense had 44. :laughing guy:

If the Broncos lose two and the Chiefs win out the Chiefs can take the division.

Actually, Denver only needs to lose one of the last three with a Chiefs run of the table to give the Chiefs the division title.

If Denver and KC both end up at 11-5, KC takes it on tiebreakers. Divisional tie breaker 1: Head-to-head record (a split). Divisional tie-breaker 2: Divisional games (KC is 4-1 and assuming running the table, ends up 5-1 - whereas Denver is 3-2 and can only end up at 4-2).

Denver has Cincy and San Diego. They will throttle the poor, hapless Bolts. Not even the rivalry will help San Diego at this point. They also have Cincy at Mile High, but the Bengals, albeit banged up have a motivation to win and get a first round bye. The Cincy game, then, is the deal breaker for Denver and the division.

KC has Cleveland and Oakland. Both are very winnable games and KC has motivation not just to take the division title, but the fact they control their own destiny for the Wild Card over the Steelers and Jets. But Cleveland is a classic trap game and Oakland is a rivalry match up to end the season. Still, KC should win both.... probably with 8 field goals between the two games.

Pitt, by the way, has Baltimore and Cleveland. Both divisional rivals, but both pathetic this year. Pitt should run the table and take a WC given they now hold the advantage over the Jets.

The Jets have New England and Buffalo. Also both divisional rivals. New England has the motivation of trying to lock up home field. Buffalo has all the Rex Ryan stuff. The Jets are likely to lose at least one, possibly both.

So, yeah, KC *should* still get a WC, maybe even a divisional title to host a WC game, but they will still fold like a taco in the first game. It doesn't matter how hot they are going in, nothing cools of a KC Chief run like the word "playoffs".

• Like 1

Looking to become just the second team in NFL history to make the playoffs after a 1-5 start, theChiefs are postseason-bound after knocking off the Browns just as the Ravens put Pittsburgh away in Baltimore. It was no easy victory, but Kansas City's ninth straight win assures them a wild-card berth. That might not be all, as the Chiefs can also win the AFC West if Denver loses one their final two games and Kansas City beats the Raiders next Sunday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000610146/article/bengals-clinch-afc-north-chiefs-claim-playoff-berth

:dweez:

• Like 1