Official KC Chiefs Thread!

goose

Looking to become just the second team in NFL history to make the playoffs after a 1-5 start, theChiefs are postseason-bound after knocking off the Browns just as the Ravens put Pittsburgh away in Baltimore. It was no easy victory, but Kansas City's ninth straight win assures them a wild-card berth. That might not be all, as the Chiefs can also win the AFC West if Denver loses one their final two games and Kansas City beats the Raiders next Sunday.

http://www.nfl.com/n...m-playoff-berth

:dweez:

The irony is that the Chiefs have clinched a playoff berth but the Broncos haven't, even though they're still in first place. I don't remember ever having seen that before.

• Like 2

Looking to become just the second team in NFL history to make the playoffs after a 1-5 start, theChiefs are postseason-bound after knocking off the Browns just as the Ravens put Pittsburgh away in Baltimore. It was no easy victory, but Kansas City's ninth straight win assures them a wild-card berth. That might not be all, as the Chiefs can also win the AFC West if Denver loses one their final two games and Kansas City beats the Raiders next Sunday.

The irony is that the Chiefs have clinched a playoff berth but the Broncos haven't, even though they're still in first place. I don't remember ever having seen that before.

How high will the Bengals motivation to finish as the one or two seed be tonight, considering they've locked at last a three seed? Gotta like the Broncos tonight.

How high will the Bengals motivation to finish as the one or two seed be tonight, considering they've locked at last a three seed? Gotta like the Broncos tonight.

Ummm....

I had to do a double take when I realized that, as well. Yeah, after a few seconds of looking over conference and tie-breakers, I figured out why, but it is definitely an odd little wrinkle....

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime

I would say Cincy's motivation is very high to get the #2 seed. They want the bye to give Dalton that much more time to heal without having to risk playing/losing a WC game.

Denver's motivation, on the other hand, is staying alive... as well as maybe getting Manning back for a playoff run.

I don't see either team mailing it in....

Oh, and thank you, New England for completely blowing my prediction of the Jets folding before the post-season. What an interesting final few weeks. Last week, Pitt was in the cat-bird seat and the Jets were setting tee times. Today, the roles are seemingly reversed.

Of course, here's the really fascinating thing.....

Let's say Denver loses tonight and next week.... while KC, Pitt, and the Jets all win next week... you end up with:

AFC West

KC 11-5

Den 10-6

Wild Card

NYJ 11-5

Pitt 10-6

Den 10-6 and out of the playoffs because Pitt has the head-to-head victory

Oh, but it gets better..... let's say same scenario, but the Jets lose.....

Wild Card

NYJ 10-6

Pitt 10-6

Den 10-6 and out of the playoffs, again, because Pitt has the head-to-head, but also because the Jets are 7-5 in conference while Den is 6-6

Denver is the worst positioned first place team I can ever think of....

Oh, and thank you, New England for completely blowing my prediction of the Jets folding before the post-season. What an interesting final few weeks. Last week, Pitt was in the cat-bird seat and the Jets were setting tee times. Today, the roles are seemingly reversed.

Of course, here's the really fascinating thing.....

Let's say Denver loses tonight and next week.... while KC, Pitt, and the Jets all win next week... you end up with:

AFC West

KC 11-5

Den 10-6

Wild Card

NYJ 11-5

Pitt 10-6

Den 10-6 and out of the playoffs because Pitt has the head-to-head victory

Oh, but it gets better..... let's say same scenario, but the Jets lose.....

Wild Card

NYJ 10-6

Pitt 10-6

Den 10-6 and out of the playoffs, again, because Pitt has the head-to-head, but also because the Jets are 7-5 in conference while Den is 6-6

Denver is the worst positioned first place team I can ever think of....

Having the Bengals on your schedule in December is a significant mitigating factor though.

The Chiefs run from the 5 seed remains a distinct possibility.

Houston

New England

winner of Cin/Den

I am still not buying it.

With Denver snatching victory for the jaws of defeat tonight, they should win the division (I mean, really, the Bolts are gonna do anything this Sunday?) and KC will have to play the role of road dog all the way throughout.

And, really, we are talking about my beloved Chiefs. They are indeed my beloved, but that does not mean I do not understand them. The Chiefs are kind of like that quirky, socially awkward cousin who makes you bristle every time you see him, but you still love him, nonetheless. (By the way, if anyone reading this doesn't have that cousin in their family, it's probably you - you Rush loving geek!) And while you love that cousin, you also know he is going to hit his level. The Chiefs' level is the WC. They are the captains of Week 18.... or should I say weak in 18.

The Chiefs run from the 5 seed remains a distinct possibility.

Houston

New England

winner of Cin/Den

I am still not buying it.

With Denver snatching victory for the jaws of defeat tonight, they should win the division (I mean, really, the Bolts are gonna do anything this Sunday?) and KC will have to play the role of road dog all the way throughout.

And, really, we are talking about my beloved Chiefs. They are indeed my beloved, but that does not mean I do not understand them. The Chiefs are kind of like that quirky, socially awkward cousin who makes you bristle every time you see him, but you still love him, nonetheless. (By the way, if anyone reading this doesn't have that cousin in their family, it's probably you - you Rush loving geek!) And while you love that cousin, you also know he is going to hit his level. The Chiefs' level is the WC. They are the captains of Week 18.... or should I say weak in 18.

They have the best remaining QB in the conference.

I would say Cincy's motivation is very high to get the #2 seed. They want the bye to give Dalton that much more time to heal without having to risk playing/losing a WC game.

Denver's motivation, on the other hand, is staying alive... as well as maybe getting Manning back for a playoff run.

I don't see either team mailing it in....

And sho' 'nuff, it was a great game!

A loss by Denver would have been nice...and we almost got it. I like our first round chances, though.

Brian Hoyer is on FIRE... :fury: :fury: :fury: :fury:

Ok,

Life long Raiders fan here. But I will pick the Chiefs to win the AFC. Show me what you got!! :madra:

Here's what I have got....

Chiefs favored by 3.5 this Saturday in Houston.... and they will lose by 4.

If there was ever a set up for the typical Chiefs el-foldo-taco, it is this game. Favored by odds makers... 10 game win streak.... mediocre opponent in the first round... no real disadvantage with the crowd on the road.... KC has historically proven this is exactly their kind of game to lose.

Ok,

Life long Raiders fan here. But I will pick the Chiefs to win the AFC. Show me what you got!! :madra:

If there was ever a set up for the typical Chiefs el-foldo-taco, it is this game. Favored by odds makers... 10 game win streak.... mediocre opponent in the first round... no real disadvantage with the crowd on the road.... KC has historically proven this is exactly their kind of game to lose.

Yeah,

I know the history. I am just breaking with tradition and thought I would go with a team within the division. :D

• Like 1

Ok,

Yeah,

I know the history. I am just breaking with tradition and thought I would go with a team within the division. :D

I can appreciate that. I am the same way. As much as I hate the other teams in the AFC West, I tend to pull for them in the playoffs once KC is out.... which is usually in Week 18. AFC West fans are quirky like that... there's a love-hate thing. Well, more like hate-love.

• Like 1

Ok,

Yeah,

I can appreciate that. I am the same way. As much as I hate the other teams in the AFC West, I tend to pull for them in the playoffs once KC is out.... which is usually in Week 18. AFC West fans are quirky like that... there's a love-hate thing. Well, more like hate-love.

AFC West is a heavily Super Bowl-starved division since Elway retired so I can see it. On the other hand you have the AFC East where it's been 95% New England 5% Jets in terms of contention since around the same period of time.

Edited by BowlCity

Ok,

Yeah,

AFC West is a heavily Super Bowl-starved division since Elway retired so I can see it. On the other hand you have the AFC East where it's been 95% New England 5% Jets in terms of contention since around the same period of time.

I still think of the Seahawks as AFC west. The NFC counterpart of which they now belong doesn't live up to the competitiveness of the Chiefs-Seahawks-Chargers-Raiders-Broncos rivalry of the 80's. Great years!
  • Like 2

Ok,

Yeah,

I still think of the Seahawks as AFC west. The NFC counterpart of which they now belong doesn't live up to the competitiveness of the Chiefs-Seahawks-Chargers-Raiders-Broncos rivalry of the 80's. Great years!

During,

The 70's. It was all out war. Fond memories for sure. :codger:

Ok,

Yeah,

During,

Lyle Alzado...Stabler...Dan Fouts...Zorn & Largent...
  • Like 1

Ok,

Yeah,

During,

Mike Livingston. Jerrel Wilson. Norris Weese. Floyd Little. David Humm. Tommy Prothro.

• Like 1

Ok,

Yeah,

During,

Mike Livingston. Jerrel Wilson. Norris Weese. Floyd Little. David Humm. Tommy Prothro.

So,

Many players and coaches to name. But this brings back a lot of memories. :codger:

Ok,

Yeah,

During,

So,

Many players and coaches to name. But this brings back a lot of memories. :codger:

@ 00:54 is classic!
  • Like 1