Help me name my new car

Mara

It's been paid for and is on its way from Florida; should be here in about a week. :)

It's a Honda Element and of course it needs a name. There are the obvious, such as Ellie or Elliott, but that seems too easy. I thought maybe the brilliant minds of TRF might have some ideas.

I favor puns and cultural references. Right now I am leaning towards "Watson" (as in "elementary, my dear Watson"). My husband's car already has the Asian car angle covered - Long Duk Dong. I briefly considered "Titania", as a reference to the element Ti, but that's too close to "Titanic" and that's just not good mojo there.

This isn't it, but it's the identical paint scheme:

http://images02.olx.com/ui/18/13/64/f_342320964-1262341948.jpeg

• Like 1

The Rocinante, because you'll be wheeling it through the galaxy, or at least that part of it that is the traffic hell known as Atlanta.

Oh CAR!

Nevermind, forget I ever said anything about my Woomie Woomer and my Gilbie Wilbie. They are my beloved fluffle pumps, my kitty kats! My future glove materials, my...

You get the idea...

........ I briefly considered "Titania", as a reference to the element Ti....

http://images02.olx.com/ui/18/13/64/f_342320964-1262341948.jpeg

Mara's Ti-Fighter ;)

Harold is perfect. Someone try and tell me it isn't?

Why? 'Cause it's square? :LOL:

Yep, it does look a bit like a milk truck, but there's something about its quirky design that I find really charming. Plus it's a Honda.

Ellwood is an interesting spin, hadn't thought of that. Plus it fits on a vanity tag, though few would get the Rush reference.

Toaster? :LOL:

Banana Wagon? :LMAO:

No, the Nissan Cube is the toaster. Or that Scion, thought the recent models look less like kitchen appliances than the earlier versions. I also don't quite get the appeal of the Kia Soul - that thing is teeny, plus those hamsters creep me out.

How about:

Sardine- as in a sardine tin

Coz for me, that name is "sardine" to sound like a winner

Or how about MOOMIN LOVE SHACK?

Me loves me moomins

Mara, since the 'Elementary my dear Watson' quote/reference interests you, then why not simply name it 'Sherlock' or 'Holmes'? That car looks like a 'Sherlock' to me. And if it ever starts to act up or give you problems, you could always scold it by proclaiming, "No shit Sherlock!!!!" Edited by JohnnyBlaze

How about geeky?

Dimitri

Dmitri Mendeleev put forth the first periodic table that was widely accepted.

Althought Johnny's Sherlock is really good and the color scheme kind of lends itself to Sherlock's hat.

Edited by Digital Man
  • Like 1

Aw MAN! I am still without new car. The one we had, unbelievably enough, got damaged prior to transport and my broker friend refused it and got the money back. I'm tired of putting gas in the Camry 1/8 of a tank at a time! (I am not turning this car over with $60 worth of gas in the tank).

However, there is another already on the way and supposedly it's even better than the original. Cross fingers that it'll be ready Monday or Tuesday and that it's everything as promised.

Oh, and I'm wavering between Sherlock and Dmitri now. :)

Edited by Mara

Should have bought a Corvette. That way your husband could have named it after his penis like every other male Corvette owner. :) Edited by laughedatbytime