NCAA basketball thread 2013-14

laughedatbytime

I just got my ticket for Friday morning in San Antonio. It's going to be a hell of a trip. Lincoln to San Antone in 24 hours.

Upset City!

I love the first second round for this reason. There are always plenty of amazing games. Dayton took out Ohio St. & Harvard dumped Cincy. St Joe's just missed a victory over UConn, and NC State is threatening right now. This is my favorite sports event of the year...the first two three rounds, anyway.

• Like 1

NCAA app is pretty cool.

I'm still annoyed that they are starting the "second round" today. Stupid PC crap to make sure to not hurt anyone's feelings.

I think their setting up an expansion of the tournament.

Up three, St Louis gives up the bucket and the foul with 37.9 seconds left! :doh:

EDIT: Missed the free throw. :doh: :doh:

Edited by goose

Well, I suppose it's gonna be an upset there, don'tcha know.

Hot dish for everyone.

I had both ND State, and had them going to the sweet 16 and those choking dog Wolfpack...never saw the Harvard win coming though.

I hate basketball. I always have. But i thought, hey, the Aztecs are playing and it's it's the final 2 minutes and they are winning by 8 i think i'll watch. Thank you Aztecs. You have helped me remember why I hate basketball so much. The final two minutes of the 4th period took longer than the entire game - Foul / timeout / foul / foul / timeout /foul / shot / foul / timeout / foul / foul / timeout / turnover / foul / foul / foul / shot -Tie Game

Now on to overtime: Foul / timeout / foul / foul / timeout /foul / shot / foul / timeout / foul / foul / timeout / turnover / foul / foul / foul / shot, Aztecs win -

Suggested quick fixes to this excessive waste of time:

http://www.washingto...e132_story.html

Here is a list of some of the longest last minutes in a game. One was over 12:00 minutes, that's asinine.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/42297284/

Edited by alphseeker

Duke goes down in round 1, to Mercer 78-71.

Am I trolling for likes? Sure But it's true...

• Like 3

Does anyone on here honestly NOT have a busted bracket, already?

Mine isn't too bad. I've lost 5 games but other than Duke, no one in the Sweet Sixteen...I did have Duke going to the Elite 8. Can't afford to lose Kansas though.

Stephen F. Austin gets a 4 point play after two missed FT by VCU with 3.6 seconds left to tie the game and force overtime...

VCU losing will really screw up my bracket so they have no chance to win this one...

• Like 1

And as predicted, VCU loses in OT. Down 10 with 3:30 to go. Down 4 with 10 seconds to go.

:facepalm:

• Like 1