Anyone ever do background checks on someone and found out interesting things?

hobo73

Tonight I'm paying for a 5-day trial, unlimited background checks on people. For as long as I can remember, I have ALWAYS wanted to do a background check on my mom.

(I remember as a small kid seeing the paper version of her arrest record, which was as thick as a book.)

My husband is all for it, as well. Mainly I'm tired of people covering up the things she's done & making her out to be an angel! XD

Under her name, before even paying to look at the entire report, is a list of aliases she has used. Awesome.

Strange.....under list of relatives, it lists my dad, brother, and some chick named Ruby. I have never known there to be a woman named Ruby in my family. Even stranger, I'm not listed!! LOL.

Even worse, there was a window that popped up that said this particular persons' arrest record has "graphic crimes" in it. Fun.

So, has anyone ever given in to their curiosity and did a background check on anyone? If so, find anything juicy??? lol

Gotta admit, I'm really preparing myself for this one!

I haven't.

I just did a background check on Babycat and found out that she is a big fraud! It just so happens that she's not even really a cat. She's just a person pretending to be a cat. Of all the heinous crimes?!?!
  • Like 3

The closest thing I got to was finding the YouTube profile of some gay kid at my school. It turns out, he's just another asshole who wants to straight up abolish religion.

The closest thing I got to was finding the YouTube profile of some gay kid at my school. It turns out, he's just another asshole who wants to straight up abolish religion.

That's really hard to understand considering how most religions are so welcoming to gay people.
  • Like 1

I haven't.

I just did a background check on Babycat and found out that she is a big fraud! It just so happens that she's not even really a cat. She's just a person pretending to be a cat. Of all the heinous crimes?!?!

:LMAO:

:ph34r:

That's really hard to understand considering how most religions are so welcoming to gay people.

:LOL:

hobo, I can understand doing something like that in the case of your mother, if there are a bunch of mysteries you feel compelled to solve...but outside of a situation like that, I think it crosses a big line. No, I don't do background checks on people, because 1. There are obvious sticky issues where privacy is concerned, and 2. I'm not a stalker.

To me, it's a symptom of the sickness of the culture here that you can find out anything about anybody, online, for a matter of a few bucks.

And no, I'm not a former mob boss or anything like that, either. ;)

• Like 3

I know surprisingly little about my own family, but I was told that one of my relatives was a real Dr. Livingstone kind of guy. It's from him my family has a Domino game made of ivory. He started out as a gold digger in Klondyke and was one of the first in Denmark to drive around in a Ford T. My grandmother has a photo album with pictures from around the world he has been.
  • Like 2

hobo, I can understand doing something like that in the case of your mother, if there are a bunch of mysteries you feel compelled to solve...but outside of a situation like that, I think it crosses a big line. No, I don't do background checks on people, because 1. There are obvious sticky issues where privacy is concerned, and 2. I'm not a stalker.

And #3, how can you be sure of the accuracy of the search results?

Was recently going to have a guy do some upgrade work on my computer. Ran a check on the local PD arrest records and saw he was busted for drugs & eluding a couple years ago. Changed my mind.

Found out an employee that floated around the area at different sites was a convicted child predator. I have no idea how he got hired but we made sure he was gone quickly. As soon as you met him you knew there was something wrong.

To me, it's a symptom of the sickness of the culture here that you can find out anything about anybody, online, for a matter of a few bucks.

And no, I'm not a former mob boss or anything like that, either. ;)

Oh yes. I will only ever look her up. Things I already know she did as well as surprises here and there- need a thoroughly informed decision before allowing her back into my daughters' life lol.

(Plus she told me she dared me to look her up, so there you go lol.) But if it's public record I wouldn't be offended if anyone looked me up, personally. They'd find nothing anyway :P

For things like arrest records, they go in the system and pull up every offense that person has committed. I'd trust the results :P

I haven't.

Even worse...turns out she's an adult.

• Like 1

For things like arrest records, they go in the system and pull up every offense that person has committed. I'd trust the results :P

It's in the internet. What's not to trust?

I haven't.

Even worse...turns out she's an adult.

:blush: :coy: :blush: :coy: :blush:

• Like 1