2013 VMAs...anyone watching?

laughedatbytime

I'm not. I've got MTV blocked. But for those who are, is there anyone worth seeing?

My guess is no.

I'm watching. I like having current pop culture knowledge and sometimes there are some good performances and gems here and there. I have younger kids and want to keep up with what's happening.

:LOL:

first of all, do they even MAKE videos anymore?

second of all, and far more important, do they even make good popular music anymore?

i know the answer to the second one, so the answer to the first one is somewhat meaningless. ;)

i'm not sure how much someone would have to pay me to watch kanye and usher and drake and beyonce and taylor swift and god knows who else is popular these days accept an award and think they're doing anything positive for the human race... but i would have my price! i might do it for a hundred. i'd probably do it for 50 as long as i could play on my computer at the same time. :P

Edited by rushgoober

I'm a 32 year old male who remembers when MTV played not just music videos but good ones and I'm not a teen girl who listens to that bubblegum pop or mangina "rock" (Maroon 5) so no. Once eMpTyV ditched rock for boy groups, I stopped watching.

I've got a soft spot for Bruno Mars, though. There needs to be more pop songs like Treasure. It sounds a lot like a Prince or, judging by the video, a Kool And The Gang song than the crap that's out there today.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

I wouldn't waste my time watching. A friend of mine was watching and she said that Kanye West compared himself to Jimi Hendrix!!! Only when Kanye is dead will there be any similarity between the two.
  • Like 1

I too am old enough to remember when MTV played music. Now it seems to me it's all reality shows about who can drink, fight and whore the most, with music videos nobody would watch if it wasn't for all those slutty women dancing. I effing can't wait to this cultural atrocity to end, so hopefully people will start thinking again, and take the spoon we're fed with out of the mouth! :rage:

But amidst this I'm fairly optimistic. Between the cracks in the floor there are a lot of gems waiting.

Think I need another cup of coffee ;)

• Like 1

Gaga's performance was awesome.

Flame away, I loved it.

You won't get any from me- I fukkin' love her!!!

Thought I'd be alone in this on a Rush board. Cool!

• Like 1

I'm not. I've got MTV blocked. But for those who are, is there anyone worth seeing?

My guess is no.

I watched about 10 minutes of the pre-show. I remember watching the first show when I was a senior in high school. Justin Timberlake was apparently given a lifetime achievement award. God I'm old.

The morning radio guys were talking about Mikey Ciruses performance, so I had to YouTube it.. Wow.. No words .. Madonna always brought some sexual elements to her shows, but she had great choreography and , IMO, real artistry.... This was just horrible, trailer park trash choreography..

The morning radio guys were talking about Mikey Ciruses performance, so I had to YouTube it.. Wow.. No words .. Madonna always brought some sexual elements to her shows, but she had great choreography and , IMO, real artistry.... This was just horrible, trailer park trash choreography..

LOVE the looks on everyones' faces in the audience during her performance. haaaaaaaa.

• Like 1

hmm I want people to take me seriously and not associate me with the character I played on a little kid show. the best solution is to dance provocatively and show skin until people realize I'm a super serious artist
  • Like 4

Really wondering if NSYNC will reunite. How weird to feel like I'm 10 again....XD

I started listening to Rush when I was 10. If I want to feel 10 again, I listen to Bytor and the Snowdog. :banana:
  • Like 4

hmm I want people to take me seriously and not associate me with the character I played on a little kid show. the best solution is to dance provocatively and show skin until people realize I'm a super serious artist

You know, if she actually wanted to do that, she could have taken the path that Justin Timberlake has done and look where he ended up. Two high-selling, and from what I've heard, good pop albums. Take a break from music to go into acting and release another album when you think that your act could breathe a big fresh air in the cesspool that is pop music. Also, JT pretty much did not really have any controversal events that I know of, unless the drama between him and Britney was big at that time.

Tsk, tsk. What a shame that Miley is going where she is going. She could have gone for a more scaled-back mature side and then people will take her seriously.

Edited by Anguyen92