The 13 most annoying words and phrases on the Internet

laughedatbytime

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukelewis/the-13-most-annoying-words-and-phrases-on-the-internet

I agree, these all suck, but can you come up with worse? And what do you think is the absolute worst?

"lol" - when it's not really that funny.

"Love you millions" - millions??

First thing I thought of when I saw this thread title was "just sayin'", and sure enough, it was there. Also "'Nuff said" gets on my nerves.

I've never seen the word "amazeballs" used anywhere on the internet though, and I'm not planning on using it anytime soon.

• Like 1

I have a personal hatred of "lol" because it is over used by illeterates incessantly, but in the end I'm trying to just let people say all the stupid stuff they want to without letting it raise my blood pressure. I use "This" because I think it nails it down without a doubt that you agree with something without quoting it or re-typing the whole friggin' thing. Like everyone else I have not seen most of those on the list, but I'm only on here and facebook a bit and man I wish I was on facebook a lot less, but I'm locked in due to some family and church commitments. We are all trapped on a small lonely planet in the universe and God knows we are going to get annoyed by a few things now and then. In the 80s it was "Baby On Board" signs, now it's "YOLO". In the future it will be something entirely new and yet just as ass clinching.
  • Like 1

First thing I thought of when I saw this thread title was "just sayin'", and sure enough, it was there. Also "'Nuff said" gets on my nerves.

I've never seen the word "amazeballs" used anywhere on the internet though, and I'm not planning on using it anytime soon.

I think the word "amazeballs" comes from, um, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo...

Ps, I've heard of all the words in LABT's link.

• Like 1

Also "'Nuff said" gets on my nerves.

Well, Stan Lee has been saying and writing that in Marvel comics for over 50 years.

Stan's the Man! :ebert:

• Like 1

Haven't seen most of those words on the list.

And I don't even know what YOLO means..... :eh:

YOLO - you only live once.

Shame on everyone for using this phrase and insulting everyone who's been reincarnated..... ;) ;)

• Like 2

Also "'Nuff said" gets on my nerves.

Well, Stan Lee has been saying and writing that in Marvel comics for over 50 years.

Excelsior! :yes:

• Like 1

I must admit I use "this" a lot because, like Dr Birdsong said, it saves rewriting the whole thing again.

Most of those on that list I haven't seen so far.

I have a personal hatred of "lol" because it is over used by illeterates incessantly, but in the end I'm trying to just let people say all the stupid stuff they want to without letting it raise my blood pressure. I use "This" because I think it nails it down without a doubt that you agree with something without quoting it or re-typing the whole friggin' thing. Like everyone else I have not seen most of those on the list, but I'm only on here and facebook a bit and man I wish I was on facebook a lot less, but I'm locked in due to some family and church commitments. We are all trapped on a small lonely planet in the universe and God knows we are going to get annoyed by a few things now and then. In the 80s it was "Baby On Board" signs, now it's "YOLO". In the future it will be something entirely new and yet just as ass clinching.

Agreed with most of this, except for the church commitments part, but only because I don't have any.

I must admit I use "this" a lot because, like Dr Birdsong said, it saves rewriting the whole thing again.

Most of those on that list I haven't seen so far.

I think the word "amazeballs" comes from, um, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo...

Ps, I've heard of all the words in LABT's link.

This.

;)

When you take your iPhone, hold it out, and take a picture of yourself (usually doing something inane) and then upload it to Facebook or Twitter.