Panacea lyric question

jnoble

since this song is about the main character discovering the shortlived lure of a woman in his travels, the line "Pancea, liquid grace" never made sense to me. Unless 'Panacea' is a brand of beer or whiskey that particular line always baffled me :eyeroll: Edited by jnoble

Panacea means "a cure all" so I've assumed that he's insinuating the woman is the answer to his needs/problems. I think liquid grace just had a nice ring to it for him. I doubt he was referencing the fact that we are mostly water.

Liquid= fluid= ease of movement....

(maybe?)

(maybe?)

nope. liquid does not equal fluid. liquid is just one type of fluid..

(maybe?)

= does not eliminate other possibilities so I'm not sure what you're driving at. 2+2 does = 4 even though 1+3 ALSO = 4 right?

(maybe?)

Actually, although "liquid" and "fluid" are not synonyms in the noun form, they are indeed synonyms in the adjective form as used in the Panacea lyric.

• Like 1

(maybe?)

Actually, although "liquid" and "fluid" are not synonyms in the noun form, they are indeed synonyms in the adjective form as used in the Panacea lyric.

These posts have made me decide not to play Panacea for the next few millenia.

:P

• Like 4

(maybe?)

= does not eliminate other possibilities so I'm not sure what you're driving at. 2+2 does = 4 even though 1+3 ALSO = 4 right?

Ya but 3 does not equal 4.. There's many types of fluids but liquids only represent a portion of them. Air and water are both fluids but only water is a liquid.. They're not equal !

(maybe?)

Damn you're right. Never thought of that but as I read the line again, I think it can be taken in the noun form.. We still haven't proven what the lyric even means yet! Lol

(maybe?)

Ya but 3 does not equal 4.. There's many types of fluids but liquids only represent a portion of them. Air and water are both fluids but only water is a liquid.. They're not equal !

You just don't get it

(maybe?)

You just don't get it

What it is..well, you're not really sure

• Like 1

(maybe?)

Damn you're right. Never thought of that but as I read the line again, I think it can be taken in the noun form.. We still haven't proven what the lyric even means yet! Lol

So you're suggesting there's a comma between "liquid" and "grace"? ;)

• Like 1

(maybe?)

It's POETRY..........not a scientific journal article. :eyeroll:

• Like 2

***Over Think Alert***

Neil Peart was how old when he wrote that lyric? It's just a young man describing the movement of woman that has stirred his emotions and his libido.

• Like 1

(maybe?)

He's using shorthand to analyze song lyrics. I don't know what the hell you're doing.

since this song is about the main character discovering the shortlived lure of a woman in his travels, the line "Pancea, liquid grace" never made sense to me. Unless 'Panacea' is a brand of beer or whiskey that particular line always baffled me :eyeroll:

"I catch the scent of ambergris..."

Ambergris was a component in perfume, so perhaps the "liquid grace" is another reference to the gal's perfume?

I bet some of you guys have spent hours overanalyzing the lyrics to "In The Mood" too.

Hmmm..."Hey, baby it's a quarter to eight I feel I'm in the mood"...That could mean 7:45 p.m. OR 7:45 a.m. So does that mean Geddy wants to screw at 7:45pm? Or is he in the mood for a breakfast of bacon and eggs at 7:45am? OR does he want to screw again at 7:45am?

;)

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 3