Rush song for wedding?

theanalogmiddleagedman

"Overture" for the wedding march. (The live version from R-30) LOL! Great way to start out!!!!!

I love Entre Nous. Its wonderful. But how could anyone dance to that song? Its a listening song like most every other Rush song.

I f***ing love Rush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We played "Where's My Thing?" For wedding party intro. Our DJ was also a Huge Rush fan, so he kept me entertained the whole night.

Nobody has mentioned Closer To The Heart? It seems like that would be a perfect wedding song to me.

We played "Where's My Thing?" For wedding party intro. Our DJ was also a Huge Rush fan, so he kept me entertained the whole night.

I had this in my head during the whole ceremony to combat nervousness. I'm not sure if it worked.

Well... It may be too late since I just saw this post today but I always wanted the live (Exit Stage Left) intro to La Villa Strangiato played as my soon to wife made her entrance. Skipping the opening guitar part then fading up with the synths, bells, etc., and cutting into the traditional wedding song soon as the da da da...da da da...da da da ...starts. I (we) did however get a RUSH song in the ceremony as we had The Sphere played during the lighting of The Unity Candle. I mean we lit those candles just as ...let the truth of love be lighted... let the love of truth shine clear was sung. It was back when we had to mike up a tape recorder but it worked. Pastor was like...RUSH??? But when he listened to it and understood at what point we wanted it played, he totally dug it. Related note.... wife used The Garden as "soundtrack" to son's high school graduation video pictorial last month. Groovy, man. Like totally.

Thanks for all the replies. They decided to go with the Garden. There is some hymn that the mom really feels strongly about that has to do with the Garden, so she had the final say. I think my friend would have rather geeked out to YYZ.