The Standing O Says it ALL.

ALifeson85

"...and from Toronto."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KLuYXT6QMU&feature=share

Even John Mayer, Tom Morello, and others join in the cheer. :clap:

Nice to also see the entire band together, with their wives, as well. Ged's wife, Nancy, is especially looking good :yes: HER reaction says it all, as well.

Edited by ALifeson85
  • Like 7

Who are the two people in between Geddy's wife and Ray?

Next to Nancy is Pegi C.

I haven't seen a clean shot of the gentleman next to her so I can only guess... my first guess would be Val Azzoli.

Yeah! Chills! Especially seeing the look of amazement on Nancy and Charlene's faces. Vindication for them too. It must have been hard for them to read derogatory comments about their husbands all those years.

Most of the clapping for all the other inductees sounds canned. Was it?

Next to Nancy is Pegi C.

I haven't seen a clean shot of the gentleman next to her so I can only guess... my first guess would be Val Azzoli.

Who are Pegi and Val?

Next to Nancy is Pegi C.

Who are Pegi and Val?

I'm not sure what Pegi's current 'official' title is but she basically runs Anthem, is credited as an executive producer and pretty much has a finger on the pulse of everything RUSH related as well as Anthem.

Val Azzoli was the General Manager of SRO/Anthem for about 10 years through the 80's until he moved to become a VP at Atlantic Records and signed RUSH in '88 or '89. He later became President of Atlantic Records for several years before they restructured the entire WEA Group (Warner, Electra, Atlantic).

It might be Nick R. next to Ray. That's my guess.

Don't think so, not enough hair.

MDW is right, it's Nick R.

I just watched a couple of clips a little closer and there is an empty chair at the table during Grohl's speech which makes sense since Nick would have been backstage getting ready for Overture.

So that mystery is solved ;)

Next to Nancy is Pegi C.

Who are Pegi and Val?

I'm not sure what Pegi's current 'official' title is but she basically runs Anthem, is credited as an executive producer and pretty much has a finger on the pulse of everything RUSH related as well as Anthem.

Val Azzoli was the General Manager of SRO/Anthem for about 10 years through the 80's until he moved to become a VP at Atlantic Records and signed RUSH in '88 or '89. He later became President of Atlantic Records for several years before they restructured the entire WEA Group (Warner, Electra, Atlantic).

Thanks!

Notice how jann introduces "the first ladies of rock and their back up band" then the camera cuts to Ann and Nancy and Ann has a look that says "you idiot" lol
  • Like 2

Notice how jann introduces "the first ladies of rock and their back up band" then the camera cuts to Ann and Nancy and Ann has a look that says "you idiot" lol

Yeah, that stood out to me. That was a jerk statement.

Put that video next to context in the dictionary.

Bingo!

I loved the expressions on the Boys' faces. I don't think that they expected so many Rushians to be there and/or to be so LOUD! Thanks to all who represented for all of us :rose:

• Like 4