What were the best seats you have had for a RUSH show?

4th row in Indy - 9/13/12 in front of Alex....Hoping for better (closer) rows next month in Hershey, Chicago and Grand Rapids via VIP tix....... :dweez:

Front row, centre block, on the HYF tour at Wembley Arena. Second row, centre block, on the RtB tour at Wembley Arena. Second row and front row on Geddy's side at the two Rotterdam shows on the S&A tour (but these were general admission). Hoping to get there early enough to do similar at the Amsterdam show next week.

Row 2, on the center aisle, in front of Alex, May 11, 2013 with HalfwayToGone.

I've seen many many shows over the years and I'm getting very picky as to what shows I see and where the seat is. Next stop Boston for The Stones, good seats but not great.

Front row, Right in front of Ged's keyboards, Reno 2007. Great experience. Oh...I won the pair of tix off the radio. :dweez: Edited by goose

On the Signals tour I was smashed up against the stage all night in Nashville. I never got any closer (and if I had I guess I would have been on the stage), but for the May 1st show in Nashville this year I was in the HCA private suite with free booze and food. The difference between the ages of 17 and 47 are just personally amazing when you think about the passage of time. They were younger and so was I. They are older and so am I. Up against the stage and sitting in a private box... both experiences are burned in my memory for the rest of my life. Between the first show and the latest I have sat on the floor from the 4th row and off the floor to the club level. I wouldn't trade any of those shows for anything.

I had a suite for The Eagles in 2010 at The Rose Garden in Portland, OR. I found it a very different type of concert experience. You entered and exited through a completely seperate entrance from everyone else, got free food & booze like you got, decent view of the show, etc. But, it seemed to me that I was too insulated and I'm not sure I'd repeat it again,, especially for Rush. However, the price was right (free!!) so maybe I would. :laughing guy:

I've been to sports events like that, as a guest in a luxury box. Never enjoyed it much. It always felt like I was watching it in someone's living room. :huh:

Front row, Alex' side, Omaha 2010 - 3rd row Manchester last week - Front row Frankfurt 2004 (standing room)!

Almost front row - always on Geddy's side - @ the Rotterdam shows in 2004, 2007, 2011 (general admission).

Last week row 7 @ the O2 in London and caught a tshirt from Geddy right there woohoo! :7up:

Row 6 in Newark & row 5 in Brooklyn last year - both on Geddy's side.

Seats? So glad in Europe we don't have to sit (apart from the balconies) at concerts, what's the fun in that?

Only time in Holland we had to sit was at the Roll The Bones tour.

We have assigned seats here in the States, but very few people actually sit in them during a Rush concert. It's more like you purchase a spot to stand in with a chair to put stuff on while you watch the show.

• Like 1

In the old days i remember standing 1st row right before alex once, but that was't the best ever. The very best was on a friends shoulder/back for some moments somewhere between 5th and 10th row or so. If you stick above everybode else, it's almost like having a private concert. :)
  • Like 1

So many of you have had great seats, often many times! Front row or at least the first few rows. And some great stories! Nice to see that a lot of the good seats over the past four decades have gone to TRF'ers. I have been to some shows where the crowd in the front row looked bored to death and barely paying attantion (what a waste!!!!) so it great to hear that a lot of you have been there and appreciated what you had!

Good luck with seats the rest of the tour, and beyond...

• Like 1

Seats? So glad in Europe we don't have to sit (apart from the balconies) at concerts, what's the fun in that?

Only time in Holland we had to sit was at the Roll The Bones tour.

Sit Boo-Boo Sit!

:outtahere:

Been front row lots of times in the 80`s but nothing topped the tickets i scored the day before at Spac for the Vapor trails tour. Front row right in front of Geddy in the orchestra pit. I was actually in front of people who were writing and taken professional pictures for newspapers and Magazines. It was awesome. Me and the guy behind me were struggling for a shirt Geddy shot our way. Then it started to rip, and he said," C`mon man i came all the way from Florida with my wife for the show". I said go ahead man its yours. I only traveled an hour and a half for the show, and scored these tickets yesterday. I originally had lawn i gave those tickets to a couple of friends. Spac was packed to the hilt that night . It was amazing to look back and see all the people. Next week i`ll be there again. Unfortuantely, i doubt very highly my tickets will be upgraded ,but hey it is concert 36 and im psyched just to go. :codger: Rush Rocks!

Been front row lots of times in the 80`s but nothing topped the tickets i scored the day before at Spac for the Vapor trails tour. Front row right in front of Geddy in the orchestra pit. I was actually in front of people who were writing and taken professional pictures for newspapers and Magazines. It was awesome. Me and the guy behind me were struggling for a shirt Geddy shot our way. Then it started to rip, and he said," C`mon man i came all the way from Florida with my wife for the show". I said go ahead man its yours. I only traveled an hour and a half for the show, and scored these tickets yesterday. I originally had lawn i gave those tickets to a couple of friends. Spac was packed to the hilt that night . It was amazing to look back and see all the people. Next week i`ll be there again. Unfortuantely, i doubt very highly my tickets will be upgraded ,but hey it is concert 36 and im psyched just to go. :codger: Rush Rocks!

Nice. Good score on thoes tickets. Front row right in front of Geddy is the ultimate. And big man for giving up the shirt.

And I know what you mean about looking back and seeing all the people. I always do that when up front. Special crowd at RUSH. And ages from the first time in diapers, to the second.

And yes RUSH does rock. Non-stop for over 40 years! And many more to come!

Yeah just like you i have been telling people bout Rush forever. Now it seems people who ordinarilly would dismiss the band go instead, and sing their praises after all is said and done. I have been a fan for so long now and got to meet Geddy one time in 85 ......wish i wasn`t drunk at the time, but i was just being a dumb kid then. Hope Rush has some more albums in the future . Clockwork to me was the best album since Moving Pictures. There were great albums in between, but Clockwork is epic like MP. I got really lucky to land those tickets that day. Im going lawn again for Spac, but im hoping for another miracle. I know alot of fans that hated when the played the cover tunes but to me The Seeker live was awesome. Wish they`d throw that back in the set.

Front row twice: once at Pine Knob (Detroit, Snakes and Arrows. Got to meet em' too. ), and the other at Sarnia Bayfest (Sarnia, TMT). I had 4th row for Snakes and Arrows at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit (Same day tix from TM). This time around I'm looking for front row tickets in the upper bowl, or lower bowl so I can sit with my father, who can't stand for 3 hours.

So cool to hear all the awesome stories.

One of the best weekends of my life.

Friday June 21, 2013 - Hershey PA: Front row right in front of Geddys keys. Close enough to see his eyes even through the glasses. Unbelievable!

Sunday June 23, 2013 - Jones Beach: Second row center section right at the end of the row (so i was leaning into row 1 a lot), directly in front of Alex.

One weekend, the best of both worlds. Truely was one of the best weekends of my life.

And met some great TRF members too, so the experience was even better.

I am still in shock and how great the seats were both nights.

Edited by NaturalScientist75