What were the best seats you have had for a RUSH show?

Front row Nürnberg 1992 (standing room)

Front row Hannover 1992 (standing room)

Front row Frankfurt 2004 (standing room)

Second row Rotterdam 2004 (standing room)

Front row Omaha 2010

Second row Frankfurt 2011 (standing room)

Third row Manchester 2013

Second row Köln 2013 (standing room)

Edited by greyfriar
  • Like 1

Well I scored front row center at Buffalo for CA tour in the open sale but ran out of time due to a credit card mistype can I count that...otherwise this last show 12th row aisle center at Hershey

1st row at international ampitheatre in Chicago for MP and 3rd row Alpine Valley WI.

20th row at international ampitheatre in Chicago for PW tour - loved being truly in the middle of all the crowd energy and excitement of that concert.

10th row on the aisle, Alex's side in Atlantic City, Clockwork Angels.

Counterparts tour, Knickerbocker Arena in Albany. Second row! It was suh-weet, and I daresay second row was even better than first, since I was right down front but didn't have to look straight up to see the guys.

We camped out at a Ticketmaster outlet and were first in line when their computers went live in the morning. Those were still the days of first-come first-serve at Ticketmaster - no numbered wristbands (which is essentially a lottery system) and no Internet. These days it seems all too random as to what kind of tickets you get - doesn't matter if you're the first to buy or 567th; you can do "presale" and still get shit tickets, or sometimes get great tickets the week of the show. It's a total crapshoot.

Edited by GeddyRulz

My First Rush show I ever was Toronto back in October for the first leg of CA Tour....dead front row center. I buy my tickets with VIP nation and am very fast with my data input (credit card, personal details). I was surprised when I picked up the ticket envelope, opened it up and saw "Row 1 Seat 23" which was exactly front row center. I did the same VIP nation stuff for the upcoming shows in Hamilton and Halifax.

You can see all the images from that show here: https://www.dropbox....quxo/fBtF_rQpWQ

Edited by xmac

Yeah I got the tickets already, but with VIP nation - when you commit to buying the VIP ticket you are guaranteed a seat within the first 15 rows and its first come first serve (best seats go to those who purchase tickets first in chronological order). The only problem is that you dont know WHAT your seat is until the night of the show when you pickup your ticket at the booth in the venue.

I purchased my Hamilton and Halifax tickets just as fast if not faster than my Toronto tickets, and I was front row center for Toronto...here's hoping I got it again!

Just following up here.....2nd Rush show ever in Hamilton....again, front row center. I am super grateful and happy to experience the boys so close. I am hoping/dreaming that I can round up my CA tour experience with one last front row center in Halifax on the 14th!!!

35c43538e68c11e2952e22000a9f3cf3_7.jpg

0194bec8e6b311e2918122000a9f0a12_7.jpg

a124dfbee6b211e2a8b922000a1f8ac2_7.jpg

ec0fcf7ae6b211e2995822000a1f9875_7.jpg

• Like 1

VIP is the only way to go IMO...Here's what I got this leg via the VIP route: Hershey - Front row Geddy, Chicago (Tinley Park) - Second row Geddy, Grand Rapids - Third row Alex. Was just awesome to be that close! Can't even think of being back 14 rows again, which I had at United Center first leg. Yep, I've become very spoiled!!
  • Like 1

Almost front row - always on Geddy's side - @ the Rotterdam shows in 2004, 2007, 2011 (general admission).

Last week row 7 @ the O2 in London and caught a tshirt from Geddy right there woohoo! :7up:

Row 6 in Newark & row 5 in Brooklyn last year - both on Geddy's side.

And then last weekend in Halifax I hit the jackpot!!

Friday night: row 3 almost at the the center.

Sunday night: front row and almost at the center as well!

Some pics from the front row:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7298/9303063834_a1afecece2_c.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7306/9303064684_26ccafea9a_c.jpg

With the Trailer Park Boys during YYZ:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5324/9303062618_54ede0bdc2_c.jpg

Edited by Catch The Mystery
  • Like 1

Nnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I wish I would get seats like that. Damn!. The few times I've sat within the first 30 rows, I am usually on one extreme side or another and usually have people larger and taller than I am 5'8" - recording with phones, etc.or poles or something in my way dammitt!!!

Now, I have sat in the last row of the floor section, and in the first row of a balcony and had a blast. I don't get it. I guess its the no obstructions in the way i.e people, I like most. I like to reach out and breathe I guess -

Some how some day some way and I know I will end up going myself because of the money - I will be within the first 10 rows in the middle, dammitt!!!!!

And god help ya if you are in front of me and recording, I will take that device and drop kick it like a football and wherever it lands, TS! HA!

I will go back to my lunch now. Bye....

After the Halifax concert last Friday night, I would have to say my best seats were second row on the floor on Alex's side.

http://jeamland.ca/~mike/IMG_0035_450.jpg

http://jeamland.ca/~mike/IMG_0062_450.jpg

http://jeamland.ca/~mike/IMG_0097_450.jpg

http://jeamland.ca/~mike/IMG_0157_450.jpg

• Like 1

second row right in front of Geddy for Regina AND Vancouver both in 08. I swear I got a "hey there's that bald headed mofo again" look from him in Van. haha!

I don't know how it happens, I just don't have the good luck with the seats like other people do. oh well.

Does anyone know how many seats in the mics are placed? I've noticed theres usually 40-44 seats on the floor so Im guessing around 15 seats in? As a side question, how good/bad are the floor seats on the very outside?

VIP is the only way to go IMO...Here's what I got this leg via the VIP route: Hershey - Front row Geddy, Chicago (Tinley Park) - Second row Geddy, Grand Rapids - Third row Alex. Was just awesome to be that close! Can't even think of being back 14 rows again, which I had at United Center first leg. Yep, I've become very spoiled!!

You got that seat from VIP? Nice! The best I had from VIP was Jones Beach second row right in front of Alex, and 3rd row right in front of Geddy in Brooklyn last year.

Those Hershey seats were unbelievable!

VIP is totally worth it people, but you have to get on and buy withing the first few seconds to truely get the gold.

Well. for Vapour Trails I was 6th row floor in front of Geddy. My new best, Tonight I will be Floor First Row in front of Geddy! I'm bouncing off the walls. I also snagged these for face value by some amazing stroke of luck.

My most memorable seats were.....

3rd row in front of Alex on the All the Worlds a Stage tour (Toronto)

1st row at Geddy's feet on A Farewell to Kings tour (Hollywood, Florida)

5th row centre for Permanent Waves tour (Buffalo, New York)

Somewhere in my basement are some pretty decent pics from all these shows!

Edited by andreww