Any Rush albums you don't own?

Blue J

Studio and live, I have everything Rush ever put out on vinyl (including some multiple pressings and the compilations...Anthology, Rush Through Time (pic and Dutch), Chronicles, Archives, and a strange dual release on Rush/Fly By Night) plus a pile of 45s, special and limited releases, and the 78s that made their way to the masses. I have their entire catalog also on CD/digital, but I'm missing the Sectors Box Sets. I figure that since I have everything they've released musically, no sense to add the same songs again...at least until the disposable income allows me to.

DVD/Blue Ray...the collection is complete.

No cassettes though... :eh:

Chronicles was the first album I got. I have the retrospective albums, but no other compilations. I have all studio and live albums.

Oh, and I don't have the Love Song album that features:

"Woke up with a Loon"

"I Didn't Say Poutine"

• Like 1

So even though I consider myself a rabid Rush fan, there are still a few albums that I don't own. Not to say that I never have owned them, of course. There was a time in my life when financially, I was in pretty dire shape, and I had to sell of just about all of the music I owned just to keep living in the crappy basement apartment I had. That's a whole different, sordid story, though, and that was about fourteen years ago. But anyway, there are a few Rush albums that I've never picked up again since then. I know I can't be the only on on the board here who doesn't own ALL of the albums. (Hmmmm, but how many people among us here are even willing to admit it? ;)

These are the Rush albums missing from my collection:

The debut

Exit Stage Left

A Show of Hands

Chronicles

Vapor Trails (this is the only one that I don't have because I really just don't care for it- that's not true of the others here)

Anybody else?

I don't own any of the compilation albums and I think the last live album I bought was DS.

At one point I had all of the studio and live albums on multiple formats, Chronicles, and the Spirit of Radio compilation. Now I'm missing my CD copies of TFE and RTB and don't really plan on replacing them. I still have a RTB cassette in case I wanna torture myself, so I'm good. Edited by Storm Shadow

So even though I consider myself a rabid Rush fan, there are still a few albums that I don't own. Not to say that I never have owned them, of course. There was a time in my life when financially, I was in pretty dire shape, and I had to sell of just about all of the music I owned just to keep living in the crappy basement apartment I had. That's a whole different, sordid story, though, and that was about fourteen years ago. But anyway, there are a few Rush albums that I've never picked up again since then. I know I can't be the only on on the board here who doesn't own ALL of the albums. (Hmmmm, but how many people among us here are even willing to admit it? ;)

These are the Rush albums missing from my collection:

The debut

Exit Stage Left

A Show of Hands

Chronicles

Vapor Trails (this is the only one that I don't have because I really just don't care for it- that's not true of the others here)

Anybody else?

I don't own any of the compilation albums and I think the last live album I bought was DS.

There's no point in owning any of the compilations if you already have all their albums, unless you really want the equivalent of a mixed tape, but you can always make those yourself.

I think I have one live album post-DS, but I don't listen to it, or really any of their other live albums. Maybe once every couple of years I'll play ESL.

I have all of the studio albums, all of the live albums, and Chronicals. I don't have any of the other weird compilations. Figured I had the songs on CD already.

Have all studio, and all live CDs/DVDs (I'm counting ESL, P/G Tour and ASOH as part of the Replay x3 Box Set) except for the CD version of Rush in Rio. I also own the Chronicles DVD, and Retrospective 3.

I have every studio release, although for Counterparts I only have a cassette. That worked fine when I had a car with a tape player, but that ended a couple years ago, so I need to pick up a CD so I can listen to it again.

I have all the live DVDs except for the Time Machine Tour.

For live albums I have ESL, Different Stages and Snakes and Arrows Live. I also have the live disks that came with the R30 DVD and the CD for the Grace Under Pressue tour, which was included in the Replay X3 reissue. No interest in getting ATWAS or A Show of Hands. Not a big enough fan of that material to want to listen to them and the studio albums are enough for me.

I have zero interest in the compilations.

Edited by ZivotSon

I don't own any of the compilations. I don't own the deluxe 2112 or the..what is it? MVI S&A, was it?

However, I do own the Bob and Doug Makenzie album with Take Off on it, as well as the Max Webster album with Battle Scar on it!!

I'm missing a shitload of the collections (Retrospectives, Gold, Rush Through Time). I am also missing Feedback but that doesn't bother me.

Ok, I can understand hardcore fans blanking the comps, but you DO need Feedback. Come on Mara, that's one I didn't expect from you :o

I'm missing a shitload of the collections (Retrospectives, Gold, Rush Through Time). I am also missing Feedback but that doesn't bother me.

Ok, I can understand hardcore fans blanking the comps, but you DO need Feedback. Come on Mara, that's one I didn't expect from you :o

I notice a lot of Rush fans don't like Feedback, but I really quite like it. It took a while, but what a surprise!!

I have all studio albums, most at least 2 (remasters). I don't have any compilations other than ones with unreleased songs (I think working men has a live "Ghost of a Chance") and Retrospective 3 for the remastered VT songs.

I don't own any of the compilations. I don't own the deluxe 2112 or the..what is it? MVI S&A, was it?

However, I do own the Bob and Doug Makenzie album with Take Off on it, as well as the Max Webster album with Battle Scar on it!!

For some dumb reason I bought the MVI version of S&A. Never done a thing with it. From what I understand, the slight glitch in We Hold On that's found on the regular CD was fixed. That's about it.

Edited by ZivotSon

For some dumb reason I bought the MVI version of S&A. Never done a thing with it. From what I understand, the slight glitch in We Hold On that's found on the regular CD was fixed. That's about it.

You have the documentary, don't you? I've watched that at least a dozen times.

I have watched it, but you can find it on youtube as well.

Compilations do seem to have rather varied sound quality.

Icon is really bad, yet it seems like every Walmart has Icon. I wonder how many potential Rush fans bought Icon first and were totally turned off by it?

I have watched it, but you can find it on youtube as well.

But why would you do that if you have it on disk? The audio and video quality are kinda important for a Rush doc, no?